What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Week One Finals Team List Thread

Gronk

Staff member
BA said that Bev & Peni are touch n go for next week.

Zero point picking Bev unless he can play 80 and burn merkins.

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
Double chance means they will give french an extra week.

Will smith really needs to improve his positioning at the back quickly.

Smith and cronk are going to cut us to bits otherwise.

That no try to bryson goodwin showed that.

Will smith was no where near it

Gronk

Staff member
I don't care what our team looks like, I just hope someone rips Cameron Smith's smug head off, shits down his neck and then hides his head so his stupid body can't find it.

Peni Terapo could do that.

strider

Post Whore
Hell i will give it a crack if anyone wants to offer a little financial incentive

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Hell i will give it a crack if anyone wants to offer a little financial incentive
five-dollar-note.jpg

phantom eel

First Grade
1. French
2. Avua'a
3. Jennings
4. Takairangi
5. Radradra
6. Norman
7. Moses
8. Mannah (only doing his customary 20min + 10min stint)
9. King
10. Alvaro
11. Ma'u
12. Moeroa
13. Brown

14. Smith (maybe, or fourth forward)
15. Edwards
16. Matagi
17. Terepo (maybe, or a different forward)
18. Vave
19. Gower
20. Frank Pritchard
21. Hoffman (don't think he'll be match fit in time)

Maybe... Beau Scott?
No thanks... Kaysa Pricthard.
So with French not yet fit enough, Smith stays at fullback.
With Mannah giving an extra 10 mins, we can start with Vave or Matagi for 20 and have Alvaro come off the bench for 60 mins.
Question comes down to whether the bench is Alavaro, Edwards, Matagi, Scott or whether Terpo gets a look in for Matagi (or Vave)? Gower unlucky not to get a top 17 possie too.

Sorry Kaysa, Frank, and Hoffman, don't think you'll be seeing any finals footy imo.

chiefy1

Juniors
The storms weakness is on the left side, with the inexperienced Scott and Carr coming up against Moses Edwards Auva'a Jennings.

That's were we'll beat them. They'll be smashed all night.

Gronk

Staff member
Lead story at NRL.com says that Storm were clinical.

I call bullshit on that. Raiders were crap and did not man up defensively in the first 40.

Storm were certainly vulnerable and missed 30+ tackles.

What we have done well in the past is kick deep and chase. We allowed Souths to put pressure on tackle 5 and we were often left with a rushed bomb.

Get back to what worked against the Broncos and insist on fast play the balls and we're in with a chance.

Tahu Harris seemed to be their most damaging runner and he has been sighted for using elbow in attack. Shame if he misses a game.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
"September 2, 2017 11:41pm
MELBOURNE coach Craig Bellamy has fired up at opposition coach Brad Arthur to fuel a war of words that could dominate discussion heading into next week’s semi final.
Bellamy was livid at comments from Arthur made during a post-game press conference on Friday night, and used his own media call the following night to spray the Parramatta leader.

Following a tough win over South Sydney on Friday, Arthur made a pointed comment about the Rabbitohs but took the opportunity to have a crack at the Storm at the same time.

Arthur was asked if he gave his side a chance at AAMI Park in next week’s semi.

“If we’re allowed to play a little bit of football we might be a chance,” Arthur said.

“I think tonight they laid all over us, wrestled us, the play the ball was pretty slow ... they did a good job Souths.

“(Melbourne) is the best at it ... but they tackle well, they work together well, they have great systems.”

And while Arthur’s comments were aimed more at South Sydney than Melbourne, Bellamy certainly took offence.

The Storm are constantly criticised for their defensive tactics, and it’s a sore point south of the border.

The Melbourne mentor didn’t hold back when asked about Arthur’s dig.

“It’s amazing, every year it happens. Semi final time a coach comes out,” Bellamy said after his side beat Canberra.

“Like I said last year it’s the same song, just a difference singer.

“Brad made the point about them being allowed to come down and play their footy ... well at the end of the day they can play any type of footy they like, that’s their decision.

“If he was having a go at us about defence and smothering or whatever he likes to call it, I’ll be talking to the referees’ boss about hose guys, how they just lay all over opposition attack inside their 20 metre zone. They go to sleep there sometimes.

“He wants to fire a few shots off at us, we’ll be firing a few shots back.

“Their players lie all over the play the ball inside that 20 metres.

“I’m not quite sure how they get away with some of it.

“He should be looking at his own backyard before he looks at us.”"

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/85b377eb7fa49d7984065e229c5a4345

It begins!!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Lead story at NRL.com says that Storm were clinical.

I call bullshit on that. Raiders were crap and did not man up defensively in the first 40.

Storm were certainly vulnerable and missed 30+ tackles.

What we have done well in the past is kick deep and chase. We allowed Souths to put pressure on tackle 5 and we were often left with a rushed bomb.

Get back to what worked against the Broncos and insist on fast play the balls and we're in with a chance.

Tahu Harris seemed to be their most damaging runner and he has been sighted for using elbow in attack. Shame if he misses a game.

From team list thread.

Yeah I don't think they were that clinical last night. Thought the raiders halves cost them a few opportunities, didn't kick that well Raiders actually made more metres.

If our halves can kick well, and take their opportunities we are a chance. Raiders set pieces were shit, they executed poorly, this is one area we are good in.

I would be looking at having a more defensively structured side against them, don't think we need any big boys like Vave, it's all about defence. Line speed and in their face all night. I think you can really frustrate the storm and force some errors, they haven't been under much pressure lately.

We really French to be fit or they will murder us with their attacking kicks!! If Peni is fit, he comes in for Vave - he is great defensively and runs straight which is what we need. I like to have Kritchard on the bench but don't think BA will be him.

Gronk

Staff member
"September 2, 2017 11:41pm
MELBOURNE coach Craig Bellamy has fired up at opposition coach Brad Arthur to fuel a war of words that could dominate discussion heading into next week’s semi final.
Bellamy was livid at comments from Arthur made during a post-game press conference on Friday night, and used his own media call the following night to spray the Parramatta leader.

Following a tough win over South Sydney on Friday, Arthur made a pointed comment about the Rabbitohs but took the opportunity to have a crack at the Storm at the same time.

Arthur was asked if he gave his side a chance at AAMI Park in next week’s semi.

“If we’re allowed to play a little bit of football we might be a chance,” Arthur said.

“I think tonight they laid all over us, wrestled us, the play the ball was pretty slow ... they did a good job Souths.

“(Melbourne) is the best at it ... but they tackle well, they work together well, they have great systems.”

And while Arthur’s comments were aimed more at South Sydney than Melbourne, Bellamy certainly took offence.

The Storm are constantly criticised for their defensive tactics, and it’s a sore point south of the border.

The Melbourne mentor didn’t hold back when asked about Arthur’s dig.

“It’s amazing, every year it happens. Semi final time a coach comes out,” Bellamy said after his side beat Canberra.

“Like I said last year it’s the same song, just a difference singer.

“Brad made the point about them being allowed to come down and play their footy ... well at the end of the day they can play any type of footy they like, that’s their decision.

“If he was having a go at us about defence and smothering or whatever he likes to call it, I’ll be talking to the referees’ boss about hose guys, how they just lay all over opposition attack inside their 20 metre zone. They go to sleep there sometimes.

“He wants to fire a few shots off at us, we’ll be firing a few shots back.

“Their players lie all over the play the ball inside that 20 metres.

“I’m not quite sure how they get away with some of it.

“He should be looking at his own backyard before he looks at us.”"

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/85b377eb7fa49d7984065e229c5a4345

It begins!!

LOL yeah Eels slow down the ruck not Storm.