What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Week One Finals Team List Thread

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
From what I saw last night, they didn't seem to be all over the raiders in ruck, like we expect from them.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Lol pot Meet a kettle you hypocritical POS Bellamy.
Um...he was just responding to BA's stupid comments. If BA doesn't go there Bellamy doesn't say anything. Campaign behind the scenes but don't publicly poke the bear.

I actually thought Bellamy's response was pretty good tbh.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Lead story at NRL.com says that Storm were clinical.

I call bullshit on that. Raiders were crap and did not man up defensively in the first 40.

Storm were certainly vulnerable and missed 30+ tackles.

What we have done well in the past is kick deep and chase. We allowed Souths to put pressure on tackle 5 and we were often left with a rushed bomb.

Get back to what worked against the Broncos and insist on fast play the balls and we're in with a chance.

Tahu Harris seemed to be their most damaging runner and he has been sighted for using elbow in attack. Shame if he misses a game.
They did what they needed to do to beat a pretty shit team.

We should expect them to be a lot better next week.

"September 2, 2017 11:41pm
MELBOURNE coach Craig Bellamy has fired up at opposition coach Brad Arthur to fuel a war of words that could dominate discussion heading into next week’s semi final.
Bellamy was livid at comments from Arthur made during a post-game press conference on Friday night, and used his own media call the following night to spray the Parramatta leader.

Following a tough win over South Sydney on Friday, Arthur made a pointed comment about the Rabbitohs but took the opportunity to have a crack at the Storm at the same time.

Arthur was asked if he gave his side a chance at AAMI Park in next week’s semi.

“If we’re allowed to play a little bit of football we might be a chance,” Arthur said.

“I think tonight they laid all over us, wrestled us, the play the ball was pretty slow ... they did a good job Souths.

“(Melbourne) is the best at it ... but they tackle well, they work together well, they have great systems.”

And while Arthur’s comments were aimed more at South Sydney than Melbourne, Bellamy certainly took offence.

The Storm are constantly criticised for their defensive tactics, and it’s a sore point south of the border.

The Melbourne mentor didn’t hold back when asked about Arthur’s dig.

“It’s amazing, every year it happens. Semi final time a coach comes out,” Bellamy said after his side beat Canberra.

“Like I said last year it’s the same song, just a difference singer.

“Brad made the point about them being allowed to come down and play their footy ... well at the end of the day they can play any type of footy they like, that’s their decision.

“If he was having a go at us about defence and smothering or whatever he likes to call it, I’ll be talking to the referees’ boss about hose guys, how they just lay all over opposition attack inside their 20 metre zone. They go to sleep there sometimes.

“He wants to fire a few shots off at us, we’ll be firing a few shots back.

“Their players lie all over the play the ball inside that 20 metres.

“I’m not quite sure how they get away with some of it.

“He should be looking at his own backyard before he looks at us.”"

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/85b377eb7fa49d7984065e229c5a4345

It begins!!

Bellamy took first pot shot in his presser after Parra beat them during the regular season. Complained that we laid all over them. I spoke to BA about it at the time and he reckoned that Bellamy was setting up to influence the refs come finals time. BA beat him to it and Bellamy is not happy BA got in first. The apprentice gets one over the master

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Um...he was just responding to BA's stupid comments. If BA doesn't go there Bellamy doesn't say anything. Campaign behind the scenes but don't publicly poke the bear.

I actually thought Bellamy's response was pretty good tbh.
The guy has changed the game for the worse, if they arent cap cheating they are wrestling, chicken Winging, grappling and making the game a far less of a spectacle.

As I said Hypocrite, and why were BA's comments stupid???

He has stayed silent all season after all the shit sandwiches the refs have made us eat it was the perfect time to say something. He's got Bellamy to respond so I'd say it was a pretty good jibe.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The guy has changed the game for the worse, if they arent cap cheating they are wrestling, chicken Winging, grappling and making the game a far less of a spectacle.

We are also salary cap cheats. Remember?

We also slow down the ruck. Last time I checked lots of other teams do as well.

As I said Hypocrite and why were BA's comments stupid???

Because he has just pissed off the best coach in the game and he happens to coach the best team in the game.

He has stayed silent all season after all the shit sandwiches the refs have made us eat it was the perfect time to say something.

Spoken like a man with his Blue and Gold glasses on. Every fan thinks their team is constantly dudded by the refs. I have watched every game this year and I reckon the dodgy 50-50 calls ended up being exactly that, 50-50. We have had plenty of good calls go our way.

He got Bellamy to respond so I'd say it was a pretty good jibe.
That's exactly the reason why I thought it wasn't clever. Why would we want to fire them up? Our best chance is to keep things low key and steal their lunch money when they aren't looking.

If he is genuinely concerned about Melbourne's tactics, wouldn't it be more sensible to quietly campaign behind the scenes?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We are also salary cap cheats. Remember?

We also slow down the ruck. Last time I checked lots of other teams do as well.

Because he has just pissed off the best coach in the game and he happens to coach the best team in the game.

Spoken like a man with his Blue and Gold Glasses on. Every fan thinks their team is constantly dudded by the refs. I have watched every game this year and I reckon the dodgy 50-50 calls ended up being exactly that, 50-50. We have had plenty of good calls.

That's exactly the reason why I thought it wasn't clever. Why would we want to fire them up? Our best chance is to keep things low key and steal their lunch money when they aren't looking.

If he is genuinely concerned about Melbourne's tactics, wouldn't it be more sensible to quietly campaign behind the scenes?
BA has been campaigning quietly behind the scene to the refs boss all season. Hasn't made a split of difference, so now is the perfect time.

We are a massive underdog playing I think one of the best club sides I have seen in a long long time.

We have nothing to lose, good to see BA roll the dice IMO.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
BA has been campaigning quietly behind the scene to the refs boss all season. Hasn't made a split of difference, so now is the perfect time
What has he been campaigning about and how has it been unsuccessful?

We are a massive underdog playing I think one of the best club sides I have seen in a long long time.
They have "made the game less of a spectacle" but they are "one of the best club sides you have seen"???

That doesn't make sense!

We have nothing to lose, good to see BA roll the dice IMO.
I don't think he needed to go there, personally. Whenever I see coaches start with those sorts of public shit flinging matches it smacks a bit of desperation.

Bellamy is right - we do lay over the ruck inside the 20m. We seem to have that train of thought that we'll back our line defense so it's ok to give away a penalty in order to set our line or shut down momentum of the opposition.

Remember, we almost had a player binned against the Broncos for it

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Bellamy is right - we do lay over the ruck inside the 20m. We seem to have that train of thought that we'll back our line defense so it's ok to give away a penalty in order to set our line or shut down momentum of the opposition.

Remember, we almost had a player binned against the Broncos for it
We were very lucky not to have someone binned in that game.

hindy111

Post Whore
People hate the storm cause they are so good. But this year I do not mind them. Cause they really are so dam good. They remind me of the patriots in nfl.
Seeing them win the title as much as I dont like it well they deserve it. They put in every game. Not one other club this year has put in all 24 games.
They always turn up and play 80mins. Just a great team.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
And they should expect us to be f**kin pumped!!!!!
giphy.gif