What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

end of an era

Suzie

Juniors
mightypanther said:

Yeah fancy cutting that gorgeous hunk out of the pic.........shame shame.

mypic51.jpg

This is how it should look

There you go...........a double hunka spunk... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

mmmmmm *drools*

Back to the topic, I wish Girds teh very, very best for the future - a great player and a great bloke, not to mention a gorgeous one ;-) If it wasn't my son's birthday on Friday, I would have been there. Make sure you give him a big clap from me. Ta :D

mightypanther

Juniors
If I get the slightest chance I'll even give him a kiss for you.

Cause that would mean I get two... :mrgreen:

Mind you, there will be that many little teenybopper girls swarming
around him, we probably won't get within cooee of him. :evil: :lol:

*Sandy*

First Grade
I love that picture. Panthergirl took the pic and then scanned it for the site. She then put the original in a birthday card and sent it to me. Lainey also used the scanned version and created a calendar out of it and sent that to me as a Xmas gift! I've certainly made some very dear and special friends.

I love you's all!
thhearts.gif

Suzie

Juniors
PK said:
I love that picture. Panthergirl took the pic and then scanned it for the site. She then put the original in a birthday card and sent it to me. Lainey also used the scanned version and created a calendar out of it and sent that to me as a Xmas gift! I've certainly made some very dear and special friends.

I love you's all!
thhearts.gif
How do you get anything done, PK? While you stare at your calendar, all day, every day =P~ :lol:

Suzie

Juniors
mightypanther said:
If I get the slightest chance I'll even give him a kiss for you.

Cause that would mean I get two... :mrgreen:

Mind you, there will be that many little teenybopper girls swarming
around him, we probably won't get within cooee of him. :evil: :lol:
Please do :lol: as for the teeny boppers, there is a thing or two they could learn from we more experienced ladies ;-) :oops: :lol:

mightypanther

Juniors
Please do as for the teeny boppers, there is a thing or two they could learn from we more experienced ladies

Exactly..........but I'm a nice person and I wouldn't want to hurt any of them... :mrgreen: :lol:

Caged Panther

First Grade
Can someone please explain to me why in the hell Paul Whatuira is getting a lap of honor.

No offence but his been with the club what a year and a half and his not retiring his chosen to go to another club!!!

For mine his participation in the lap of honour of one guy who is a favourite son of the club and great ambassador and another player who is a former representative players and great ambassador for the game devalues it.

Not saying fatz won't fit into these categories at some point later but not now.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Caged Panther said:
Can someone please explain to me why in the hell Paul Whatuira is getting a lap of honor.

No offence but his been with the club what a year and a half and his not retiring his chosen to go to another club!!!

yeah i agree because this lap of honour is for the retirees last home games and i dont think that he should do a lap of honour with them because he obviously isn't retiring but he is going to a different club. when you think about it though, he might aswell do it with them as a farewell because that would be unfair if he didnt get anything.

mightypanther

Juniors
What's your problem ?

The man is a current international after playing for the Kiwis,
and he played just as big a part as anyone else in the team,
in helping us to win that trophy that has sat proudly in our club
foyer for 12 months.

AND he is only leaving because the club made it clear that they
had no interest in paying him what he was worth to keep him.
They made that obvious when they told him he was free to talk
to other clubs LONG before June 30th.

Give the guy a break. During 2003, he made heaps of desperate
tackles that stopped many a try, and made plenty of breaks, great
passes, and tries of his own.

He has just as much right as anyone else to that lap of honour, so
that the fans can thank him and say goodbye.

I will be cheering him just as loudly as I cheer for Girds and Marty.
Without any of those three we would not have finished 2003 as
the NRL Premiers.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I agree with you CP! :? Lap of honours seem to be taken quite lightly these days.

Caged Panther

First Grade
MP you seem to be implying that I am anti fatz that's not the case. I'm glad for the fact he played an important part in helping our team win a grand final last year.

However in my humble opinion laps of honor should be restricted to players who have over a long period of time earned the necessary right and respect within the game to do so. Yes fatz helped us win a GF, yes his a current international and all these things will certainly make him worthy of the right of lap of honour at some point in the future. I just don't think that time is right now.

*Sandy*

First Grade
Only Girds and Marty did the lap of honour in the end and Fatz and Amos were given a standing ovation and as well as being included in the tribute on screen. In my opinion I thought that was much more tasteful for all. :clap: What a night!

mightypanther

Juniors
Well I was disappointed that Fatz didn't do the lap of honour.

My opinion is that anyone who has made a large contribution
to the success of a team automatically warrants a lap of
honour when they leave. I don't care if they've been there
10 years or 2.

AdamH

Juniors
Whatuira did do the lap of honour. I think Amos didn't but he's only been here a year anyways

lainey

Juniors
He couldn't have gone all the way around because it was only Girds and Marty doing it when they go to the Western Stand. :?