What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Every finals match so far ruined!

Was Walker Offside

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Too close to call, stay with on-field decision

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

The_Shield

Juniors
I think you know the answer to that.......

I'm not biting...
Serious question. If your referring to the JAC try, it was touched by parramatta so fair try. If your referring to the second try with Cronk/Glasby, absolutely nothing wrong with that, Glasby always had the ball not Cronk. If your referring to the penalty for taking out Slater, that's a penalty everyday of the week, the Eels player ran several metres just to put a shot on Slater. There was a forward pass for the Radradra try but in the end it had no bearing on the result.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
The Peachey no knock on was one of the worst decisions I have ever seen. Silly season is upon us and the refs will mess things up more than usual given the pressure they are under. Manly and Cronulla would be justified with their anger against the officials but at the end of the day nothing will change.

there is clear proof that you are incorrect

what say you now

OldPanther

Coach
The Peachey no knock on was one of the worst decisions I have ever seen. Silly season is upon us and the refs will mess things up more than usual given the pressure they are under. Manly and Cronulla would be justified with their anger against the officials but at the end of the day nothing will change.

Peach has been proven to be the correct decision. I posted a thread with a link to the video.

OldPanther

Coach
So Peachey who is running towards the ball doesn't play at it even though it bounces forward off his chest? It's not like he is a passive player, he's making a play at the ball,

Whether it touches his hand or not shouldn't even be brought into consideration.

I didn't see this. If you want the rules changed that's a separate argument. It was also a kick that deflected into him by accident so not like ut was a pass he knocked forward on purpose.

OzDragon

Coach
So why did Peachy say in a few interviews that he "didn't believe" he touched it. That's odd to say. If you didn't touch it, just say "I didn't touch it"

It probably scrapped a finger, but I was fine with the decision.

This Year?

Immortal
Peach has been proven to be the correct decision. I posted a thread with a link to the video.

I saw the video mate and I still think it's a knock on. I'm not having a go at Peachey or the Panthers but to me it shows how stupid a rule is that a ball has to touch a players hands or arms to make it a knock on.

This Year?

Immortal
So why did Peachy say in a few interviews that he "didn't believe" he touched it. That's odd to say. If you didn't touch it, just say "I didn't touch it"

It probably scrapped a finger, but I was fine with the decision.

If you watch the video that Old Panther posted the ball is nowhere near his hands.in one of the angles.

OldPanther

Coach
I saw the video mate and I still think it's a knock on. I'm not having a go at Peachey or the Panthers but to me it shows how stupid a rule is that a ball has to touch a players hands or arms to make it a knock on.

Sorry I didn't see your other comment before posting that and posted a seperate comment to address it:

I didn't see this. If you want the rules changed that's a separate argument. It was also a kick that deflected into him by accident so not like ut was a pass he knocked forward on purpose.

The_Shield

Juniors
I have no problem with the Peachey decision. There's no conclusive evidence to say his hand touched it, so you can't overturn that.

I do however have a problem with the Dylan Walker no try. There's no way you can tell he was offside, unless like the Peachey one there is another camera angle that proves it then that should not of been overturned