What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fafita considers quitting NRL

taipan

Referee
59787_dc556f5fbe892feb84ae4c1e9a71b6b2.jpg

That's the AFL carpet.bloody thing gets around.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Since he's been an NRL player has he ever been arrested for anything? Yet there are players in the Roo's squad that have RECENTLY!!!!!!

Weaponhead

Coach
Andrew Webster he should know better..

Andrew Webster chose not to report the Bennett leaving wife story out of sensitivity to Bennett's family.
Webster initially defended Fifita as being able to support a friend.
Webster changes view when Fifita supposedly says he has no regrets. Fifita did not regret supporting his friend but expressed regret aboiut impact to Kelly's. He did not condone Loveridge's actions at all.

The Telegraph hypocrisy is astounding yet predictable. Howling about the impact to the Kelly family as they whip up the hysteria. Their speculation the F in FKL meant 'free' was irresponsible in the extreme. Kent used that to paint Fifita as driving a political agenda when it was clearly wrong. If they were that concerned about the Kelly family then they could have chosen not to report on the wrist band. However, they chose to drive the story and then howl about the impact to the Kelly's.

Fifita has done nothing criminal nor violent and yet is treated like a pariah. He is no angel but in the world of rugby league atrocities he is guilty of poor taste yet others who have been charged and even jailed for violent crime have no such scrutiny.

The comparision with Meninga is instructive. Ray Warren is quoted today as dismissing the comparison “It’s not a crime to remain friends with a criminal. Love is unconditional,”. Well Ray, Mal has written and publicly supported his brother's release from jail. What about the impact to the victims family there? Fifita wrote three letters on a wrist band. Did he launch a public campaign? Was it his intent to hurt the victim's family? No doubt he is guilty of poor judgement on the wrist band issue and probably should have anticipated that it would become public but the moral crusaders campaigning that he be suspended from playing the game, missing finals and a grand final when he is guilty of poor taste is bizzarre. Radradra is charged with DV - no hysteria. Fifita writes 3 letter on his wrist and should be hanged.

f**k the NRL, f**k the media and f**k the moral crusaders.

30 Year Sharkie

Juniors
At the GF, the ground announcer said something like "that's the most important try ever scored in rugby league" after his try. Hyperbole at the time, sure, but the weird thing is, he's right. NRL will never be the same again.

I'd love him to stay, and I'd love the NRL and the Club to be strong enough to make sure he has the guidance he needs to be a figurehead for us in this PC world we live in. The whole thing just reeks of double standards, which brings the whole competition into disrepute, at a time when all of us have kicked off a year-long high.

Oh, and I hope we get smashed in this 2-bit international series that we picked our B team (plus a couple of our lads) for. Sorry.

Eion

First Grade
Andrew Webster chose not to report the Bennett leaving wife story out of sensitivity to Bennett's family.
Webster initially defended Fifita as being able to support a friend.
Webster changes view when Fifita supposedly says he has no regrets. Fifita did not regret supporting his friend but expressed regret aboiut impact to Kelly's. He did not condone Loveridge's actions at all.

The Telegraph hypocrisy is astounding yet predictable. Howling about the impact to the Kelly family as they whip up the hysteria. Their speculation the F in FKL meant 'free' was irresponsible in the extreme. Kent used that to paint Fifita as driving a political agenda when it was clearly wrong. If they were that concerned about the Kelly family then they could have chosen not to report on the wrist band. However, they chose to drive the story and then howl about the impact to the Kelly's.

Fifita has done nothing criminal nor violent and yet is treated like a pariah. He is no angel but in the world of rugby league atrocities he is guilty of poor taste yet others who have been charged and even jailed for violent crime have no such scrutiny.

The comparision with Meninga is instructive. Ray Warren is quoted today as dismissing the comparison “It’s not a crime to remain friends with a criminal. Love is unconditional,”. Well Ray, Mal has written and publicly supported his brother's release from jail. What about the impact to the victims family there? Fifita wrote three letters on a wrist band. Did he launch a public campaign? Was it his intent to hurt the victim's family? No doubt he is guilty of poor judgement on the wrist band issue and probably should have anticipated that it would become public but the moral crusaders campaigning that he be suspended from playing the game, missing finals and a grand final when he is guilty of poor taste is bizzarre. Radradra is charged with DV - no hysteria. Fifita writes 3 letter on his wrist and should be hanged.

f**k the NRL, f**k the media and f**k the moral crusaders.
Mate, this is exactly what I would have written if I could swallow the bile for long enough to pen my thoughts. Well said. 100% spot on.

Surely

Post Whore
he should stay on play for the sharks destroy merkins and wear strapping with the boldy emblazoned letters stuyfatg

Griffoshark66

First Grade
A shot across the nrl bow

I would expect them to be on the phone to Fifita this morning explaining they had tondo this for of reasons and he will be first selected in next squad
Was he contacted prior to the announcement and told he'd be left out and the reasons for it? He should have been. This whole situation is farcical.

He has the right to support his mate and the media witch hunt is a joke, but if his response is to chuck his toys and walk, then sayonara.

Listen to what Alan Jones say about Fafita, and ASADA

http://www.sharks.com.au/news/2016/10/05/flano_speaks_to_alan.html

I almost choked on yesterdays soy decaf frappe moccachino when I found myself actually in agreement with Alan Jones for the first time. Ever.

Good to see some other RL personalities like Ray Warren and Steve Renouf also come out publicaly to state the bleeding f**king obvious: promoting criminal activity, (which Fifita definitely has not) will never be a good thing - But being supportive of a mate in a tough spot (even of their own creation) is always be commended.

Also, Mal Meninga just totally lost all respect I previously had for the man, which was considerable. Hypocrite. Same for Thurston. Slimy hypocrites.

myrrh ken

First Grade
He has the right to support his mate and the media witch hunt is a joke, but if his response is to chuck his toys and walk, then sayonara.

Bit harsh on the fella. As we know he has mental health issues and probably not coping with all the media attention. Hope he's getting the support from the club and agent.

maybe he could bellyache's life coach?

Quigs

Immortal
I only wish that Fifita was a real smart operator. If it was me I would be playing games with the imbecile press by just letting something slip third hand from a friend of a friend and see how far it runs.

Something like AF is considering taking a year out of the game because he is going to become a mormon.

He should as Old Joe Bjelke used to say "Go and feed the chooks" Just tell em shit and see how far it goes.

Bit harsh on the fella. As we know he has mental health issues and probably not coping with all the media attention. Hope he's getting the support from the club and agent.

maybe he could bellyache's life coach?

My point is the game will get on just fine without him. If he wants to walk because he can't handle the unnecessary media pressure is getting to him and affecting his mental health, that's understandable, but it just looks like it's a knee jerk response to an unreasonable stance taken by the ARL.

Marchad

Juniors
How is writing FKL a political statement when up until 6 weeks a go no one knew what it meant. On the other hand Josh Addo Carr's gaol fingers is definitely a bigger political statement. As he was trying to bring everyone's attention the high incarceration rate of male adults in the indigenous community.

Wozza

Juniors
My point is the game will get on just fine without him. If he wants to walk because he can't handle the unnecessary media pressure is getting to him and affecting his mental health, that's understandable, but it just looks like it's a knee jerk response to an unreasonable stance taken by the ARL.
I think it would be wise to wait for either Andrew or his manager to make an on the record quote before you start believing the drivel being written by some newspaper hack.
Fifita had plenty of media pressure put on him before the grand final and I think he played the last 3 games as good if not better than he has ever played.

Now the season is over maybe Paul merkin will have time to work through his Napolean Syndrome issues and captain Picard who is running the NRL will start playing with his No. 1 and leave Fifita alone.

Eion

First Grade
I cannot get over how dumb the NRL consistently are. They just love a rod for their own back.

They have effectively suspended 2 blokes because of how it 'looks' for them. Knee jerk reaction to media pressure. This can't be described as a punishment...because nothing has been proven.

Forever more they have to try to apply this half witted sanction system to allegations whenever a team is selected. Absolute lunacy.

I've no problem with them saying to the likes of Fergo. x games NRL / x period of time for rep sides for his crime. Likewise I could cop for Fifita AFTER their investigation is concluded a properly described punishment, but how on earth does this follow due process.

Sharks are getting sued by the bubbler for not following due process, you'd think the nrl would be smart enough to learn from it.

Weaponhead

Coach
I cannot get over how dumb the NRL consistently are. They just love a rod for their own back.

They have effectively suspended 2 blokes because of how it 'looks' for them. Knee jerk reaction to media pressure. This can't be described as a punishment...because nothing has been proven.

Forever more they have to try to apply this half witted sanction system to allegations whenever a team is selected. Absolute lunacy.

I've no problem with them saying to the likes of Fergo. x games NRL / x period of time for rep sides for his crime. Likewise I could cop for Fifita AFTER their investigation is concluded a properly described punishment, but how on earth does this follow due process.

Sharks are getting sued by the bubbler for not following due process, you'd think the nrl would be smart enough to learn from it.

Spot on. Kent whined about the Sharks not doing anything against Fifita when the last tie they acted rashly, they punted Carney and got themselves sued.

It's great the club actually stands up for itself now instead of letting itself get bent over by the whining journos and NRL.