What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farcical Footy show with Johns

ngunity

Juniors
What a farce.

Bloody Johns had nothing worth saying on the footy show

Sterlo and Fatty are dead wrong, me and I'd bet plenty of the league community won't support JOhns worth crap if he leaves the fold

stay with league or goto hell :evil:

JK

The fact he didn't announce it on the footy show is a bad sign for league. He probably had news he didn't want to tell them.

NPK

Bench
He said he wants a new challenge.

How about joining one of the lower NRL teams and trying to get a premiership with that team - that would be a challenge!gh

innsaneink

Referee
Talk about pissin in his pocket :roll: .....I thought Harragon was gunna start crying! :lol: :lol:

JK

I felt sorry for the Chief. He wanted to say more but couldn't.

If johns leave it will gut Newcastle, the chiefs passion.

greeneyed

First Grade
They said we "should watch the Daily Telegraph" for the outcome.... well as they are union partners too, he is gone to union.

Glenn

First Grade
Hmmmm no decision either way, could just mean that..some people are going to have egg on the face is he does remain in the NRL instead of a early retirement in the Yawnion

ngunity

Juniors
JK said:
Nah, he wants the cash.

How do you figure?

If rumours of Leagues lucrative deal are true then there's NO cash incentive to goto Union. Also he said on the bloody show that $$$ incentive was exactly the same for either code

I've got a hunch some of what he said and the fact he had a shirt COVERED in Knights badges is a good sign for league

gaterooze

Bench
I've never been so f*cking angry at the Footy Show -- after that tripe I wish to hell Fat Arse would get lost out of our great sport -- we don't need his bullshit.

It was nothing but an advertisement for the "glory" of Union, and chucklead Sterlo let him get away with it. What a sycophant. "Will you still come back and visit us plebes, Mr Lord Joseph, oh please say yes?"

What a disgrace.

Actually... one good thing to come out of this debacle -- most League fans are going to despise Union even more than they did before... and the chorus of "Good Riddance" will be loud indeed.

JK

ngunity said:
JK said:
Nah, he wants the cash.

How do you figure?

If rumours of Leagues lucrative deal are true then there's NO cash incentive to goto Union. Also he said on the bloody show that $$$ incentive was exactly the same for either code

I figure because he was set for union til the NRL upped the offer.

If it was just the challenge he would have already signed for union regardless of the NRL counter-offer.

greeneyed

First Grade
If he goes he can go rot in the union hell with Wendell as far as I'm concerned... I have never liked him much... but I recognise how good a player he is and how damaging it will be if our code loses someone of his calibre in the game.