What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farcical Footy show with Johns

greeneyed

First Grade
axl rose said:
groggo said:
the hairdos man and bugger the mongel said nothing #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

forget the hair, try sitting through that musical crap from the 70's

The songs were good - SNF is a CLASSIC - just that they didn't seem to be able to sing AND dance at the same time...

gaterooze

Bench
Glenn & nqunity, I hope you're right and there's no hidden agenda for Union, but you have to question why he didn't just come out and say it? Is there a better time that he's waiting for?

shiznit

Coach
i cant believe what im reading,
it bloody sounds as if he owes you lot something. i dont know why its anyones business where he goes. im a huge League supporter and im getting sick of the bullshit people are spilling about joey.
the guy should be allowed to choose todo whatever he wants. without idiots that no nothing about the situation act like clowns and put there 5 cents in.
god, support the guy in whatever he chooses because hes given rugby league over 10 years of loyal service.
and the game has been good to him in return.
if he chooses league then he can carry on to become one of the greats of our game.
and if he decides to goto union then he has a chance to perform in a new sport which is a whole new challenge to him.
if he stays then good on ya joey.
but if he leaves....
good luck to him i say.

syphon

Juniors
gaterooze said:
Glenn & nqunity, I hope you're right and there's no hidden agenda for Union, but you have to question why he didn't just come out and say it? Is there a better time that he's waiting for?
Pretty obvious that he will give the telegraph will have the scoop, and most of us know what its gonna be. You only have to read between the lines.

Glenn

First Grade
syphon said:
gaterooze said:
Pretty obvious that he will give the telegraph will have the scoop, and most of us know what its gonna be. You only have to read between the lines.
in other words make things up to suit your argument

syphon

Juniors
Glenn said:
syphon said:
gaterooze said:
in other words make things up to suit your argument
who's making what up? Blind freddy can see the forest for the trees.

Dragon

Coach
shiznit said:
i cant believe what im reading,
it bloody sounds as if he owes you lot something. i dont know why its anyones business where he goes. im a huge League supporter and im getting sick of the bullsh*t people are spilling about joey.
the guy should be allowed to choose todo whatever he wants. without idiots that no nothing about the situation act like clowns and put there 5 cents in.
god, support the guy in whatever he chooses because hes given rugby league over 10 years of loyal service.
and the game has been good to him in return.
if he chooses league then he can carry on to become one of the greats of our game.
and if he decides to goto union then he has a chance to perform in a new sport which is a whole new challenge to him.
if he stays then good on ya joey.
but if he leaves....
good luck to him i say.

Mate i think you will find the reason everyone wants (and is allowed) to put their 2 cents in is because HE is the one soaking up all the bloody media attention. HE is the one dicking the poor old Knights around. HE is the one who is playing this out. The question is, why do ppl like you wrap him up in cotton wool? For someone who RL has been so good to, he does owe us something. Union doesnt deserve a player of his quality. I shudder at the thought of the Union crowd singing wlatzing bloody matilda with him on the pitch.

syphon

Juniors
what, you havent read the multidute of posts along the lines of...
"If he goes to union, f**k him, the traitor.."?
"stay with league or goto hell "
"i hope he snaps a cruciate ligament if he goes to union, f**k him"
"If he goes he can go rot in the union hell with Wendell as far as I'm concerned"

etc.. etc...

ngunity

Juniors
syphon said:
what, you havent read the multidute of posts along the lines of...
"If he goes to union, f**k him, the traitor.."?
"stay with league or goto hell "
"i hope he snaps a cruciate ligament if he goes to union, f**k him"
"If he goes he can go rot in the union hell with Wendell as far as I'm concerned"

etc.. etc...

It's clear Sterlo hasn't! bloody fool. presumably he was speaking for himself and not the League community saying "We'll welcome you with open arms no matter what you do to us Joey"

Nice quote compiling Syphon

The thing that really gets up me MOST about this whole debacle is the boosts it's giving and MAY give Union. It'd be a MASSIVE win for Union to take League's best player, and will provide them more media attention, in a worse case study Union may even be back on free-to-air TV :shock:

I see Union as the only ball sport directly in competition with League and therefore it must be supressed from my newspapers and Tv please. If Johns feeds Unions fire he will deflate League, bolster Union, not to mention things like PILLAGING the Knights with his inconsiderate indecisiveness (e.g. losing BK)

greeneyed

First Grade
Honestly, union is trying to overtake our code.... are we really going to be nice and just let it pass? Do you think in Melbourne people would say... oh it would be great if .. James Hird goes to soccer as it would be a new challenge for him and we would really like to see how he goes in it .... I can't believe how naive some people are.

gaterooze

Bench
syphon said:
gaterooze said:

I agree that it looks like he's going, but the Telecrap is meant to be the "official paper of the NRL" so I'm not sure that's where the announcement will come. SMH would be more likely. Could be wrong. I'm too tired & cranky to care...

What i got from the segment..

Johns truely dosnt have a clue what he wants to do..

On one hand, he has achieved everything in league and will want to have a crack at union..

On the other hand as he said he has his son to worry about.. Union players travel overseas alot. He's old, will he cut it in union? Will he have a future after union?

It would be a pretty hard decision.. Hopefully some of the comments by the panel and the cheer of the fans will make him want to say.. By the looks of it, matty really wants him to stay and i would think he would be in his ear about it.

It's not andrews fault that the media are all over this. He isnt pointing the cameras, he isnt writing the stories.. All he is doing is going to as many meetings as possible to help him make this hard decision.

greeneyed

First Grade
News Limited employ Johns already... and News "owns" union via contracts for TV cover of "Super" 12... the SMH just thinks of itself as a union paper... they don't actually have any direct interest in it financially.

shiznit

Coach
lets get one thing straight,
he doesnt owe rugby league anything.
at the end of the day the only people he owes anything to is himself and his family.
as for Union not deserving players of his class? they already have players of his class. dont judge something (in this case the sport of Union) if you dont understand it fully. you have to remember that one of the immortals was originally a Union player. he went over to league because Union couldnt pay him enough. it maybe seperated by a half a century but to me it sounds quite similar to today.
i dont know why this is a big deal to be henest, were in the midst of one of the greatest Origin series of all time, our game is at the most competitive ive ever seen it, and the juniors comming though the system are just amazing. if joey goes goodluck to him, no doubt someone else will step up to his boots. as for Newcastle... they knew this time was comming, why do you think they brought the hugely talented Steve Witt over from Paramatta. the longer everyone moans and curses about this the worse it will get. just get over it and enjoy what we already have.

syphon

Juniors
Chicken_Hunter said:
On the other hand as he said he has his son to worry about.. Union players travel overseas alot. He's old, will he cut it in union? Will he have a future after union?
Yeah he made up some lame excuse there to sound "balanced".. something about missing his kids first day at school because he might be touring South Africa. Last time i checked they dont play rugby late Jan/early Feb.

Latest posts