What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFB book thread

afinalsin666

First Grade
change vote: Drew-sta

Burning books is a very mob thing to do. He is clearly Mafia, trying to ruin our fragile morality.

afinalsin666

First Grade
My favourite series, if you couldn't tell from the random Mafia choices:

Riftwar saga
Legend of Drizzt series
David Eddings books

Stephen King's Dark Tower series is the best thing I've ever read. Absolutely amazing and I care about the characters more then some of my friends haha

Currently half way through the first Game of Thrones book and I'm loving it

afinalsin666

First Grade
I loved the song of ice and fire books, but i tried reading them over and couldn't do it. Just wasn't feeling it knowing what was coming.

I have to pick up the dark tower books. Heard good things from all over the place.

Dutchy

Immortal
A bit kiddy..Didgi will probably like them now...I did when I was younger.

Inheritance Series (Was meant to be trilogy) was a good read.

BDR

First Grade
Stephen King's Dark Tower series is the best thing I've ever read. Absolutely amazing and I care about the characters more then some of my friends haha

Currently half way through the first Game of Thrones book and I'm loving it

The first two novels of the Dark Tower are incredible, after that I felt like it tapered off a bit but still great reads. You should check out The Stand if you like King's work, it's one of my favourite novels of all time.

I am mainly into horror or other dark speculative fiction, and recently I've been tending towards collected story anthologies. Just finished J.G Ballard's collection and about 2/3 through re-reading Lovecraft.

Monk

Referee
A bit kiddy..Didgi will probably like them now...I did when I was younger.

Inheritance Series (Was meant to be trilogy) was a good read.

^ Definitely a decent series. I enjoyed reading them.

The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind is absolutely amazing. It is easily my favourite fantasy series and I have reread all 11 books about three times over and it's still just as good.

Frederick

Staff member
Last books I read were the Millenium trilogy by Stieg Larsson, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Couple of years before that I read Preincarnate by Shaun Micallef.

Before that, it would have been about 5-6 years where I didn't read a single book. Video games and Internet have ruined my ability to sit and concentrate on a book

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I thought the title was FFB Facebook thread but my eyes deceive me.

Dont like any of you guys anyway.

BDR I've read almost everything King has written after I read Dark Tower. You read Wind Through The Keyhole? Came out not that long ago and fits between Dark Tower books 4 and 5. Has one story about Roland and one other I loved it.

The Stand is right up there with anything he's written

Misanthrope

Staff member
Oi, Cliffy or Twizzle - can you move the book talk from the Random Mafia thread to here?