What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifita to Sharks

hybrid_tiger

Coach
we need forwards that can go forward and Blair isnt that player
theres no doubt hes a decent player but hes not a star like u seem to think he is nor would he be a starter for nsw or australia

Blair would walk into the NSW side and would definitely play for Australia, you are absolutely kidding yourself.

We have only two forwards who consistently go forward - Ellis and Galloway. Heighington does as well, but his is one dimensional and does not make many metres per run. He does alot of work but it is more quantity rather than quality. Again, he is overrated by our fans. A solid, no nonsense type of player. A step below rep level quality, and no Adam Blair.

A backrow of Blair, Ellis and Dwyer (who still has alot of improvement to do) has quality written all over it. Two current internationals, and a future rep player in the making. And there is also Murdoch-Masila who is rated a better prospect than Fifita.

Majere

Juniors
Blair would walk into the NSW side and would definitely play for Australia, you are absolutely kidding yourself.

We have only two forwards who consistently go forward - Ellis and Galloway. Heighington does as well, but his is one dimensional and does not make many metres per run. He does alot of work but it is more quantity rather than quality. Again, he is overrated by our fans. A solid, no nonsense type of player. A step below rep level quality, and no Adam Blair.

A backrow of Blair, Ellis and Dwyer (who still has alot of improvement to do) has quality written all over it. Two current internationals, and a future rep player in the making. And there is also Murdoch-Masila who is rated a better prospect than Fifita.

I realise that this is my first post on these boards so my opinion wont count for much but i think you've got it wrong Hybrid Tiger.

Blair is a great second rower there is no doubting that.... but weigh up the years he has left and the fact that we are no doubt overpaying for him and will play him out of position Vs. the future of Andrew fifita ( who it seems, despite you protesting that you dont mind him as a player, you clearly dont rate him)

I think Fifita will be the Best prop in the game in 2-3 years time and he will spend the next 10 years carving us up every time we play him....

Also consider Elis's age and the fact he is almost certainly going back to england sooner rather than later.

we will regret this decision.

I guarantee it.

shasha

Juniors
Would be such a shame to lose Fifita!!

Was looking forward to seeing something like:

8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Fifita
11. Ellis
12. Blair
13. Heighington

14. Dwyer
15. Woods
16. Murdoch-Masila

Although, with Fifita, Gibbs and Mckinnon leaving, and Payten retiring, surely it would give us a bit of extra cash on top of Adam Blair to buy another player, maybe not as high calibre, but someone to cover the loss of two front rowers

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Blair is a great second rower there is no doubting that.... but weigh up the years he has left and the fact that we are no doubt overpaying for him and will play him out of position Vs. the future of Andrew fifita ( who it seems, despite you protesting that you dont mind him as a player, you clearly dont rate him)

Adam Blair is only 25 years old. And where does it specifically say he will play at prop? Even if he does, he has played prop for NZ and played very well.

You are wrong, I absolutely LOVE Fifita, I think he will end up a great player. All I am saying is, he is not worth the figures that are being published right now.

Also, I really don't believe Blair and Fifita are connected. Even if we did not sign Blair, do you think we would pay overs for Fifita? I doubt it.

I think Fifita will be the Best prop in the game in 2-3 years time and he will spend the next 10 years carving us up every time we play him....

Also consider Elis's age and the fact he is almost certainly going back to england sooner rather than later.

we will regret this decision.

I guarantee it.

Only time will tell. Ellis is still here for another two seasons, and we still have BMM (who is rated by the club as a better prospect than Fifita), along with the other young guns.

No doubt Fifita is a massive loss, but that is the salary cap for you.

super_coach

First Grade
Fifta reminds me of a young Artie Beetson (without the offload). What I mean, he looks no athlete but seems to have hidden strength and power. He could be one of those unbelievable player and than again he could slip off the stage in a season.

I would have taken the gamble and paid him overs, big strong front rowers who charge up the middle are a dime a dozen, but ones who have genuine power speed and some ball skills are rare. We let Artie go and he turned out to be the greatest, this could end up a similar result

R2Coupe

Juniors
The Tigers need change and a few new faces in the Team next year or even towards the end of this year will be a good thing.

It was obvious last year in the finals we lacked the x factor to win. Blair with his ability on the fringes with the ball will be a valuable addition.

Mader45

Juniors
Sheens clearly likes Fifita, but I know for a fact that he rates Murdoch-Masila a better prospect than Andrew, and there is also huge wraps on Groat and Begovich.

That's perfect! It means once they get the game time and display their potential we can sell the lot of them and offer Gallen an exorbitant contract in 2 years. After all, he is gonna play prop for one game.

I can't find it online but look at the Daily Telegraph today, Friday 10th June page 45 League Confidential - Fifita may be victim of salary cap surprise.

The last paragraph
HTML:
As they seek to manage their cap and accommodate Melbourne superstar Adam Blair, the Tigers have no choice but to consider the double deal.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
People are scared of change. Which is why many wanted Sheens to stay, despite taking us to the finals twice in eight years.

Aside from three months in 2005, and about two months last year, this side has been best described as mediocre and inconsistent. Yet then everyone is up in arms when some senior players are moved on.

Heighington, Gibbs and Fulton have been great servants for us but I can understand why they might be moved on.

jadtiger

Juniors
People are scared of change. Which is why many wanted Sheens to stay, despite taking us to the finals twice in eight years.

Aside from three months in 2005, and about two months last year, this side has been best described as mediocre and inconsistent. Yet then everyone is up in arms when some senior players are moved on.

Heighington, Gibbs and Fulton have been great servants for us but I can understand why they might be moved on.

Completely agree

brooksy19

Bench
In a perfect world you'd keep them all..

However we've lost Gibbs and if we had to shed any more they'd be Beau Ryan, Matt Utai, Liam Fulton, Toddy Payten.

Leaving us this:

8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Fifita
11. Blair
12. Ellis
13. Dywer

14. BMM
15. Woods
16. Heignington
17. Utility.

Spank

Juniors
Get rid of Utai ?? LOL
I could be wrong but doesnt he average the highest meters made per game in our team and costs next nothing ? I wouldnt be showing him the door.

Todd Payten has already announced his retirement

macnaz

Staff member
Get rid of Utai ?? LOL
I could be wrong but doesnt he average the highest meters made per game in our team and costs next nothing ? I wouldnt be showing him the door.

Todd Payten has already announced his retirement

But how many tries has he scored, or line busts has he made?
Metres gained doing the hard yards our forwards should be doing is hardly something used to gauge a wingers ability or value.. id rather a winger that can break the line and score a 70 metre try when we need something special.

Last edited:

N.C.

Juniors
Far out.

Take a couple of days off and the world goes mental.

Fifita gone.

What's next?

I hope we get someone good aside from Blair.

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors
Sorry to say guys but I know for a fact that Fifita signed a 3 year deal with the Sharks this morning. Gibbs is also going there.

Fifita did not want to leave - he was told officially on Monday night after the Knights game by his manager that the Tigers were releasing him.

TimmyB

Juniors
From an outsider's perspective, it feels like releasing Fifita to the Sharks may have been a sweetener to entice them into taking Gibbs off our hands.

Looks like there has been criminal mismanagement of the salary cap. When the Blair news broke, I expressed concern over the salary cap. Looks like that has come to fruition. Disappointing.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Sorry to say guys but I know for a fact that Fifita signed a 3 year deal with the Sharks this morning. Gibbs is also going there.

Fifita did not want to leave - he was told officially on Monday night after the Knights game by his manager that the Tigers were releasing him.

The management of any quality club wouldnt have let him go...

He was already signed for next year FFS!