What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Schedule

soc123_au

Staff member
He's right though. That said, if we, and the Broncos, meet in the grand final, then we are at an advantage.
He's not. We don't have a home stadium good enough to host a prelim, a few other teams do, so it is what it is.

The advantages and disadvantages all teams face through the year tend to even out for the most part. Broncos are the outlier with turnarounds and playing at home for an away game in magic round.

Your second sentence is bang on. And that's why those whinging about prelim venues look like sooks imo.

He's not. We don't have a home stadium good enough to host a prelim, a few other teams do, so it is what it is.

The advantages and disadvantages all teams face through the year tend to even out for the most part. Broncos are the outlier with turnarounds and playing at home for an away game in magic round.

Your second sentence is bang on. And that's why those whinging about prelim venues look like sooks imo.
I understand that, and Fletcher acknowledged that, he said that, despite the fact Suncorp can hold a large crowd, it is their home group, which is unfair. I agree with him

Sime_11

Juniors
finals are all about the $$$$ = bigger stadiums means bigger crowds which means bigger revenue. Simple as that.

look at the perspective that for all Brisbane are gifted - they havent played at Accor much this year and havent travelled for a while - couple that with a high intensity prelim final (should they win) - and a day less rest = they are getting short term gains for long term pain - whilst we are getting short term pain for long term gain.

we just gotta do the business on friday night - nothing else matters at the moment

MugaB

Coach
finals are all about the $$$$ = bigger stadiums means bigger crowds which means bigger revenue. Simple as that.

look at the perspective that for all Brisbane are gifted - they havent played at Accor much this year and havent travelled for a while - couple that with a high intensity prelim final (should they win) - and a day less rest = they are getting short term gains for long term pain - whilst we are getting short term pain for long term gain.

we just gotta do the business on friday night - nothing else matters at the moment
Fletcher is a whinger, play whosin front of you, so what if they get a suncorp prelim, dolphins get that too if they make it next season, roosters would get one at allianz, we played souffs at accor for the GF and semis, cant control that, just is what it is

Chins get the wins

First Grade

They should NEVER get away games for magic round. That shit is ridiculous

soc123_au

Staff member
They should NEVER get away games for magic round. That shit is ridiculous
I agree with that, I'm not sure what genius thought that was a good idea.

The only thing I can think of is that the "home" team gets the gate and they opt for it. (Or whatever percentage of the gate each home team gets)