What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals Week 1 vs Titans Discussion + Voting

user_nat

Coach
Hopefully no other teams were watching and discover that you simply need to kick to get the ball back against Brisbane. Pretty frustrating.

Reactions: JW

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
3. Kahu
2. Wallace
1. Glenn

How disappointed was Gus when the Titans were out of the game? Hilarious!

chigurh

Glenn and Wallace have been great. It's a shame Wallace is leaving, he's arguably our best forward at the moment I reckon.

Nerd

Bench
A few 50/50 calls? Are you joking? That would go down as the worst display of refereeing i have ever seen. Most of the contentious calls weren't even 50/50, they were blatantly wrong, bordering on negligence. You can consider yourselves extremely lucky to get away with that one.
No i'm not joking. The Titans leaked 44 points in a final and you call the Broncos lucky? You obviously don't watch many Broncos games as we are regularly on the losing end of 50/50 calls.

renouf

Juniors
We were dudded on several calls against the Storm and Bulldogs, we got a quite a few go our way last night but were the better team. IMO we don't get the rub of the green most weeks. That said if you have more possession you're going to get more calls..

Shorty

Staff member
I cannot understand this viewpoint, somehow the Broncos get dudded most weekends....one of the biggest reasons why people dislike the Broncos is almost everything goes the team's way.
I think you probably think you get dudded because the level of leg up the Broncos get from game to game fluctuates.

Snappy

Coach
You'd have thought Shorty would have lost the chip on the shoulder when the cows beat us in the GF.

There wasnt enough threads already on LU to spew your dribble but had to grace us with your presence in the Broncos section in case everyone didnt see your views in one of the numerous other whinge threads.

Dragons 09

Juniors
Broncos were still easily the better team so no luck in it mate. I think 4 of the 5 tries for the Titans came off kicks. Apart from the first 10-15 minutes Broncos dominated.

Won't win against the Cowboys or Storm playing like that though.

What is it with this tries from kicks thing? Our coach babbles on about this all the time as though tries from kicks don't count, i just don't understand it, it's part of the game.

I agree you were the better team and probably deserved to win, no problems there, but geez, it could of been a real nail biter if the reffing was even remotely up to grade.

Maroon4life

Juniors
Thaiday
Blair
McGuire
Gillett
Parker
Glenn

Our forward pack is made up of current international representatives, why do we look so soft in the middle?

Can even one of them call themselves a legit prop?

Last night the Titans were there for the taking, like so many times this year the Broncos can't capitalise on it by rolling up the middle. This team made up of back rowers is depressing to watch.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
What is it with this tries from kicks thing? Our coach babbles on about this all the time as though tries from kicks don't count, i just don't understand it, it's part of the game.

I agree you were the better team and probably deserved to win, no problems there, but geez, it could of been a real nail biter if the reffing was even remotely up to grade.

There is an element of roll-the-dice with tries from kicks, it's pretty self explanatory.

Regardless of referee calls there is no way that game last night was close, Broncos were easily the better team.

Of course you think Broncos get the 50-50 calls, you hate them. Like pretty much everyone else who is not a Broncos supporter.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Thaiday
Blair
McGuire
Gillett
Parker
Glenn

Our forward pack is made up of current international representatives, why do we look so soft in the middle?

Last night the Titans were there for the taking, like so many times this year the Broncos can't capitalise on it by rolling up the middle. This team made up of back rowers is depressing to watch.

We could really use a S Boyd or Paulo... I wonder if we can poach another one from the Raiders :p

Snappy

Coach
Thaiday
Blair
McGuire
Gillett
Parker
Glenn

Last night Wallace was the only one actually playing like a prop and taking solid hit ups. McGuire trys hard but never seems to dent the line too much.

The others, especially Blair, seem more focused on ball playing. That is fine sometimes but pretty soon the defence works out he's gonna pass every time, Need to run sometimes to put them in two minds.

Latest posts