What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finals week 2 - Warriors v Knights (Gameday)

Flicked to Kayo as nine went to the news!
SJ on with Matty John's. About 2-3 sec delay.
Madge on couch saying let's see how you go after the final couple of games for Kiwis.
Knights players saying up the Wahs after the game.

Grizzman

Juniors
Had to read about the game. I'm in the middle of bumf*%k nowhere in British Columbia and hitting patchy internet when I can, but I don't care! That result trumps all!! Must have been an awesome game to watch. So chuffed.

nswarrior

Juniors
Just watched the replay - best all round game from the team in a long time. The attack looked sharp and the defence was strong.

There was a period in the 1st half when the Knights were gaining momentum but we rode it out and came over the top.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Just watched the replay - best all round game from the team in a long time. The attack looked sharp and the defence was strong.

There was a period in the 1st half when the Knights were gaining momentum but we rode it out and came over the top.
The knights were probably winning the arm wrestle for about 30 minutes of that game but we only let in 10 points in that time, and scored 40 in the 50 or so minutes we had the ascendancy. That’s a reflection of where our defence was at.

Matua

Bench
Have to give Webster his credit, with SJ on board, his only two props strategy can work a treat.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Have to give Webster his credit, with SJ on board, his only two props strategy can work a treat.
I did feel we were losing the arm wrestle in that middle period and could’ve used a big body, but the finish made up for it.

One thing I didn’t appreciate til after the fact was how well they played Ponga. SJ kicked to him all night and didn’t kick super deep, so it meant our chase was right on him giving him minimal time to step or set up the wingers and forcing him to take a lot of hits. That sapped his energy and took him out of the game a lot- we need to do the same with Walsh.

Matua

Bench
I did feel we were losing the arm wrestle in that middle period and could’ve used a big body, but the finish made up for it.

One thing I didn’t appreciate til after the fact was how well they played Ponga. SJ kicked to him all night and didn’t kick super deep, so it meant our chase was right on him giving him minimal time to step or set up the wingers and forcing him to take a lot of hits. That sapped his energy and took him out of the game a lot- we need to do the same with Walsh.
Yeah, my mate who I was watching it with went into full pessimistic mode at that point.