What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitzy's league Sledge

magpie_man

Juniors
Had a look at his twatter account for the laughs. I mean look at this garbage his re-twats. You couldn't make this shit up o_O

Keep it up, please! Economics aside, to me the knocking down of ANZ is an act cultural vandalism. The Sydney Olympics was a significant Australian historical event and the stadium its centrepiece. How disrespectful to Cathy Freeman & the other athletes.

He's really clutching at straws now.
If it was such a significant cultural centrepiece it'd be getting a heck of a lot more visitors throughout the course of a year rather than sitting like a turgid ugly duckling out in no man's land with not a friend in sight like it is now.
As it currently stands, no football code likes playing there. Not one.
Not even the AFL who all but abandoned it a few years ago.
Cricket Australia doesn't want to play fixtures there either.
And the rectangular-field codes clearly love it so much as it is that they're pushing for it to be bulldozed and replaced.
But, yeah, Cathy Freeman ran a lap of it 17-odd years ago so it's sacrosanct.
I wonder how many times Fitzsimons has braved the Western Suburbs to go and soak up the rich and poignant cultural heritage of the Olympic Park precinct when it didn't involve a corporate box seat at a major event.

axl rose

Bench
But, yeah, Cathy Freeman ran a lap of it 17-odd years ago so it's sacrosanct.
I wonder how many times Fitzsimons has braved the Western Suburbs to go and soak up the rich and poignant cultural heritage of the Olympic Park precinct when it didn't involve a corporate box seat at a major event.

It's hardly the Colosseum. Do these people even know what a complete farce the Olympics are anyway. Ah never mind im off topic.

I asked him how many times he has been seated in the 'affordable' family seats on the ends, 80m from the action at ANZ but he blocked me. Typical.

NRL clubs are about to receive another Christmas gift from the NSW government with $40 million expected to be handed over to six clubs

The money is to help clubs build “Centres of Excellence” - high performance precincts which will house gyms, community centres and offices.

The Premier is expected to announce how the pot will be carved either early next week or in the New Year.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F12%2F11%2F18%2F41%2F1112_SouthsNewStadium.jpg

One of the new stadiums in the NSW Government's $2.3b upgrade (9NEWS)

It is expected South Sydney will be handed money to build at Heffron Park in Maroubra, Canterbury Bulldogs at Belmore, Sydney Roosters at Moore Park, Cronulla at Shark Park and Newcastle Knights at Hunter Stadium.

Sources have told 9NEWS there's still some questions around plans from both Manly and the Wests Tigers.

Penrith Panthers applied for funds through the NRL but were told they were ineligible because they had already paid for and built a $22 million facility themselves.

Parramatta Eels and St George Illawarra Dragons did not apply for money.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F12%2F11%2F18%2F41%2F1112_SouthsFacility.jpg

An artist's impression of the new South Sydney Centre of Excellence at Heffron Park in Maroubra (9NEWS)
Critics argue this is just about giving rich clubs more money after announcing a $2.3 billion policy to build three brand new stadiums.

The government has said the facilities need to have demonstrable community benefit.

“The community has to be able to use these facilities otherwise it’s just another taxpayer hand out to rich NRL clubs,” Deputy Opposition Leader Michael Daley said.

http%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F12%2F11%2F18%2F41%2F1112_SouthsFacility2.jpg

The Souths facility will see them leave their home at Redfern Park for Sydney's east (9NEWS)
As part of the plan South Sydney will no longer call Redfern Oval home. The grant will enable work to begin on the 'Rabbitohs Community High Performance Centre' at Heffron Park in Maroubra.

The 5000 square-metre training facility will include a 120 seat classroom, auditorium and offices.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/12/11/18/27/more-money-in-sydney-stadium-splurge

Latest posts