What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football in Pictures

Haffa

Lionel-and-Thiago.jpg

Lars Ricken scoring about 30 seconds after coming on as a substitute in the 1997 Champions Final

LOL the Romanian one is from France 98. They defeated Colombia and England in the first two games then they all dyed their hair - either for a bizarre solidarity or a protest, I can't remember but I recall somebody did have their hair dyed originally - but then they played dreadful against Tunisia and Croatia. Easily one of the dumbest things a team has ever done mid tournament.

Other pictures were

Kluivert scoring in the 1995 Champions League final
1996 Champions League final?
Gascoigne goal celebration vs Scotland at Euro 96?
Rene Higuita scorpion kick

It's hard to find images of positive results we had in the 1990's like Kewell's goal vs Uruguay or the hammering of Mexico, lots of images relating to shit results though lol

Same as PA, guess the players and moment

_1054872_4eltel300.jpg

olyroo92.jpg

wembley-ein-8gutes-pflaster-fuer-die-dfb-auswahl.jpg

andersson_hamburg_5x4_Diashow.jpg

SNS1862A3G_186886a.jpg

Big Sam

First Grade
#1 - Venebles, Laza, and Bozza
#3 - Didi Hamman scoring at the last game at Old Wembley?

Is picture 2 from when we played Man Utd?

Picture 5 is bringing the lolz if i'm right. The night when Barthez basically ran past the ball on 2 separate occasions and Deportivo scoring into an open net.

Lars Ricken scoring about 30 seconds after coming on as a substitute in the 1997 Champions Final

LOL the Romanian one is from France 98. They defeated Colombia and England in the first two games then they all dyed their hair - either for a bizarre solidarity or a protest, I can't remember but I recall somebody did have their hair dyed originally - but then they played dreadful against Tunisia and Croatia. Easily one of the dumbest things a team has ever done mid tournament.

Other pictures were

Kluivert scoring in the 1995 Champions League final
1996 Champions League final?
Gascoigne goal celebration vs Scotland at Euro 96?
Rene Higuita scorpion kick

Nice memory here and well done with the 96 final, I thought people may struggle with that, although fans at the time would probably know its Ravanelli.

I still laugh about the Romania thing. They looked so good against England and then after that they dye their hair and play like absolute shit.

Kluivert in 95 was a good memory, was cool to see Ajax beat Milan who at that time seemed invincible in Europe(although Juve were ahead in Serie A at the time). Kluiverts raw emotion really painted a picture of what it was, a young team surprising themselves and becoming the best club side in the world.

That Higuita scorpion kick. Every soccer kid in school was trying that at lunch time the next day.

Picture 2 is from the 92 Olympics. I'm guessing by the scoreboard it was the match we got fisted by Poland (we love an 0-6 scoreline hey) and the picture 1 was after bring fisted by Romario and Ronaldo in the 97 confed cup final

Fabian Barthez and Wes Brown certainly brought the lols against Deportivo. Man U went 1-0 up(at home) early in the match and later in the first half in the space of 3 minutes Deportivo had taken the lead (and then Man U equalised with a great team goal. Madness. After the break Wes Brown and Fabian Barthez get in each other's way, again, and Depor go 3-2 up. That Depor team was great. The actual moment I'm guessing is 2-1 Depor.

Kluivert was one of my favourite players ever he scored so many great and wonderful goals. I remember reading in soccer international magazine (LOL) about his troubled time at Milan, pretty stupid that no one really accepted him there because he went and had a great World Cup and then Barcelona career after leaving.

Fabrizio Ravanelli LOL. He was a character. I thought it may have been Del Piero but I knew there was only one game that jersey was going to be posted from :p

hahaha go Soccer International, I had a subscription for that back in the day.

I really should have got the Olympics one or at least close to it based on the Jersey and Ned Zelic alone. Zelic would have given up the aus team by 2000.

Fabrizio Ravanelli is easily in my top 5 fave players of all time, what a champ. There were so many great characters in the 90s.