What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four year deal for Boyd at knights

RABK

Referee
Apologies for not posting the article write up, i'm on a mobile browser.

Alex28

Coach
Exciting. Appears that De Gous and Sau are just about done as well. Prepared to let go of Snowden in the basis Wayne may uncover another Weyman rather than shell out big dollars.

RABK

Referee
Sau and Gids as centres then if we resign those mentioned. I suddenly feel Snowden is still a big chance to come here based on that article. Maybe 225k with 125k in 3rd parties + WB will beat out the 400k sharks deal.

When it is signed I will be happy. Darius will look great in a red and blue jersey. Four years is great. He deserves a big contract. Best fullback in the game.

shane1970

Juniors
That last sentence ! I read it as though Wayne Bennett WON'T be forking out the $250K to retain Junior - or am I reading it wrongly?

Noname36

First Grade
That last sentence ! I read it as though Wayne Bennett WON'T be forking out the $250K to retain Junior - or am I reading it wrongly?

My impression of it was that we won't fork out 250k for him, but the Knights are going to step up negotiations to try and get him to sign for less. We still want to keep him, but not at 250k...which is something I agree with 100%.

So is everyone thinking Gids will play centre of 5/8? I'm hoping centre...

Perth Knights

Juniors

I read it the same way ... there is little likelihood of $250k being offered to Sau. My guess it will be around $200 to $220k (which will be an upgrade for Sau), with the hope of the Bennett factor being the stimulus for Sau signing for less $$.

Can't wait to see Boyd in Knights colours next year!!! Things are slowly starting to come together ... First Tinkler, Second Bennett, third Boyd and fourth ..... Snowden??

Noa

First Grade
Whats the genuine feeling on where Gidley will play.

6 or 9, Id play him at 9 so Beau can play but Wayne will be in win at all costs mode so 6 seems more likely.

Anyway nice spine whichever way he goes.

Jono078

Referee
I would have moved Gidley to hooker, but that's only if De Gois left us.

Now I reckon it'll be Boyd to centres rather than Gidley to centres.

Noname36

First Grade
^ the problem is, Gids is terrible in the halves. Wayne would have to do a lot of work with him. Henry however has all the skills, but Bennett let him go from Saints so he may not want him here either. Gidley to centre to replace Mad Dog would be what I'd do.

macavity

Referee
I don't put any weight in the "Wayne doesn't rate Henry" theory.

Remember when he signed with us it was apparently on Wayne's advice, and it isn't like he was stuck behind nuff nuffs at Saints. He will get a fair shot.

Spot On

Coach

Remember when he signed with us it was apparently on Wayne's advice, and it isn't like he was stuck behind nuff nuffs at Saints. He will get a fair shot.

Totally agree. Henry looks like a very, very good talent. I'll be shocked if Bennett discards him for Gidley. I'll also be shocked if Boyd plays anywhere but fullback.

Alex28

Coach

Agreed.

Kinda mis-read the Sau sentance at 4am this morning. My bad. Hopefully he'll take a little less cash to be part of something brilliant.

Hooch

Juniors
Awful options... Gids is a blue chip fullback.. only position where he can inject himself where he needs to. Average hooker or half, can't see him being much chop in the centres.

Boyd to centres? Is he any good at centre? Doesnt look like he has much size. Dunno why the hell we're looking at signing him... two first string fullbacks.. smart..