What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foxtel tackle count

justdave

Juniors
@Parra how should the Refs/Foxtel/Channel 9 handle the zero tackle after a knock on from the opposition?

Also, something else that had been puzzling me - a piece of toast always land buttered side down when dropped.. and a cat always lands on its feet..

So if I strap a piece of toast, buttered side up, to the back of a cat & then drop it - dies the toast or the cat's feet hit the ground first?
I just tried this 10 times for scientific replication purposes. The cat every single time, even when you spin it in the air

I even said, 9th and last

thorson1987

Coach
@Parra how should the Refs/Foxtel/Channel 9 handle the zero tackle after a knock on from the opposition?

Also, something else that had been puzzling me - a piece of toast always land buttered side down when dropped.. and a cat always lands on its feet..

So if I strap a piece of toast, buttered side up, to the back of a cat & then drop it - dies the toast or the cat's feet hit the ground first?

Hook it up to a generator = infinite energy.

hellteam

First Grade
Warren Smith says 5th play all the time...Ive always been wtf is he on about

This has always annoyed me.

"Play 5 coming up". On the 4th tackle. Technically he's right, but it's just annoying. Makes you think it's last tackle.

Also - I noticed Fox have gone from the clock counting up, to counting down. I'm not a fan. I'm unsure why, but I'm not. CHANGE IT BACK

big hit!

Bench
No they don't, it has developed from the way referees have counted the tackles. Instead of them saying "That is the 4th tackle" etc it has been shortened to "4th", take note of when the ref calls the tackle number, its at the completion of the tackle. They do not say and have never said "this is the 5th play" They are refering to a completed tackle so it is in the past.

They yell the number.....zero, one, two, etc at the completion of the tackle.

ACTPanthers

Bench
After 49 years with my misses I’ll celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary :thumbsup_tone5::thumbsup_tone5::thumbsup_tone5::thumbsup_tone5::thumbsup_tone5:
I'm not arguing that logic at all mate, you're 100% right. Simply pointing out that your post was incorrect in that the "logo/merch/celebrations said 50 years" when it didn't ;)

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
After 49 years with my misses I’ll celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary :thumbsup_tone5::thumbsup_tone5::thumbsup_tone5::thumbsup_tone5::thumbsup_tone5:
Congratulations.

Be sure to get a card which just has 50 on it (rather than 50th)

Otherwise you run the risk of confusing Parra..

Parra

Referee
No they don't, ever heard of "5th and last"? It's not 5 and last.

Except on fox - it's 5th and it stays the 5th. As you've rightly pointed out - the ref is stating two things. The fifth tackle has been completed and now they are on the last.