What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fresh prince of Cronullaaaaaa!! Clap your hands again

Panda Power 78

Juniors
I doubt that. Peachey had silky hands.
Edrick has shown he has terrible hands.
But could a change in scenery and a change in coach Instill the confidence that Ricky seems to suck out of everyone???

If you were going to write off a guy 'cause he had a shocker in a SF , the Peach wouldn't have played 1st grade again after the '96 PF against Manly.

Inferno

Coach
"It leaves us skinny. It's just a situation we'll deal with short-term and plan for the future. We'll have to look at what we've got to do," Stuart said.

"We've got a couple of options there. It all happened so quickly so I've just got to get my head around it.

"We'll deal with it. It won't be the only piece of adversity we're going to have to deal with this year."

Linky

Fair dinkum, does Sticky have any other strategy other than circle the wagons? I give him 2 years tops at the Raiders before he's finished.

shaggs

Coach
If you were going to write off a guy 'cause he had a shocker in a SF , the Peach wouldn't have played 1st grade again after the '96 PF against Manly.
I'm not writing him off at all. I was merely arguing the comparison. At this stage edricks hands let him down when it mattered. He is 24. Peach would have been about the same age in 1996. He turned out ok.

My main point is the confidence factor. Look at the shit out guys dished up towards the end of Ricky's tenure. THe life had been sucked out of em.

shadowboxer

First Grade
The Blackline!
The return of the dark sharks....not since peach and preston were carving it up have I used that one.
Agree on the comments about Ricky being under pressure - they had a good year last year and for the coach it was a blessing after the crap served with us then the debacle he left at Parra. His hair might turn white this year like gus goulds if they don't get to prelim.
His bleeding on about having to let blokes go pales in comparision to his efforts in bring the likes of Corey Hughes down to the swamp - he got a lot out of that, whereas we didn't.
Seems like a decent family man, but that's where it ends for me.

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
He'd have a good argument if he hadn't gone out and brought BJ, Rapana, Sezer, Whitehead, Paulo, and Taylor in the last 3 years.
He is playing by the rules provided, and says there should be more compensation for producing players, not just Canberra, all teams, and I agree.

eg. Paul Gallen should not be included in the cap.......

Weaponhead

Coach
He is playing by the rules provided, and says there should be more compensation for producing players, not just Canberra, all teams, and I agree.

eg. Paul Gallen should not be included in the cap.......
The argument that long serving players get greater cap relief makes sense. The fact that it comes from a serial sook like Stuart lessens the impact.

jc155776

Coach
Scored us three penalties when needed.

One drop that I recall and one horrendous read in his first game after about a week of training. Hardly worst debut ever.