What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funniest Simpsons lines ever

Misanthrope

Staff member
Without reading back through this whole thread. Can anybody tell me if any contenders for 'funniest line ever' have emerged in the past 5-10 years of Simpsons programming?

Apey

Staff member
Only by heretics.

Homer: Can I have some?
Lunchlady Doris: Mine ears are only open to the pleas of those who speak ye olde English.
Homer: Sweet maiden of the spit, grant now my boon, that I might sup on some suckling pig this noon.

10491120_651353304947898_1891976835790855311_n.jpg

Apey

Staff member
Remember when he ate my goldfish, and then you lied to me and said I never had any goldfish? But why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?

10402046_740103302714621_8554063317043344728_n.jpg

Rhyno

First Grade
Marge: what about Bart's feelings?
Homer: boys don't have feelings they have muscles

Apey

Staff member
Watching through Season 3 atm.

Homer: You know Marge, that Bart of ours is a little miracle. His winning smile, his button nose, his fat little stomach, his face alight with wholesome mischief. He reminds me of me, before the weight of the world crushed my spirit.

Bart: Hey, Mr. Burns, did you get that letter I sent?
Mr Burns: Letter? I don't recall--
Bart: That's because I forgot to stamp it! *stamps Mr Burns' foot*
Mr Burns: That was no accident.

Homer: Marge, I--
Homer: Damn it, where's that card?
Marge: What card?
Homer: I wrote down what I was going to say on a card. Stupid thing must have fallen out of my pocket.
*Homer scrambles over the back seat*
Marge: Is this it?
Homer: What's it say?
Marge: ''Marge, from the first moment I saw you... I never wanted to be with anyone else. I don't have much to offer you except all my love. Will you marry me?''
Homer: That's the card give it here.

HowHigh

Coach
Homer: Well, wait a minute! OK, I'm not going to win "Father of the Year". In fact, I'm probably the last guy in the world who should have kids. I --
[the judge looks at him sternly]
Er, well, er, wait...can I start again? Fathering children is the best part of my day. I'd do anything for Bart and Lisa!
Judge:
And, er, Margaret?
Homer:
Who? Lady, you got the wrong file.
Marge:
[whispering] It's Maggie!
Homer:
Oh, Maggie. Er, I got nothing against Maggie.

eozsmiles

Bench
Season 6 episode 1 "Bart Of Darkness", when the Simpsons get a pool and Bart breaks his arm......

Bart - Aw, I'm going to miss the whole summer

Homer - Don't worry, boy. When you get job like me, you'll miss every summer

Bulldog Force

Referee
Groundskeeper Willie: [on Bart and Lisa being best friends] It won’t last. Brothers and sisters are natural enemies! Like Englishmen and Scots! Or Welshmen and Scots! Or Japanese and Scots! Or Scots and other Scots! Damn Scots! They ruined Scotland!
Principal Skinner: You Scots sure are a contentious people.
Groundskeeper Willie: You just made an enemy for life!

Groundskeeper Willie: [on Bart and Lisa being best friends] It won?t last. Brothers and sisters are natural enemies! Like Englishmen and Scots! Or Welshmen and Scots! Or Japanese and Scots! Or Scots and other Scots! Damn Scots! They ruined Scotland!
Principal Skinner: You Scots sure are a contentious people.
Groundskeeper Willie: You just made an enemy for life!

Easily my favourite

Bulldog Force

Referee
Simpsons contract extended for 2 more seasons (now to 28). Almost certainly will hit 30 before calling it quits I say!