What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

bazza

Immortal
Why would you use Accor rather than allianz? Allianz is by far the better stadium And there are no signs nsw govt has any plans to spend anything on Accor for the foreseeable future.
think Homebush is closer to their "traditional" base in the inner west and easier access from SW once transport is improved
though agree it needs updating

MugaB

Coach
Surrounded by dragons territory no room for growth

plus ground received 20 million in govt funds despite being privately owned

those in glass houses …..

CommBank and accor didn’t work

lo plays a part in their game day mix

don’t need to make massive money on each game
Wtf, there is no such thing as "dragons territory" the junior comps are all been swallowed up by cronulla
Wollongong is the dragons future and cronulla don't need to fight the dragons for talent they are already huge

Wb1234

Referee
Wtf, there is no such thing as "dragons territory" the junior comps are all been swallowed up by cronulla
Wollongong is the dragons future and cronulla don't need to fight the dragons for talent they are already huge
Carlton Ramsgate and kogarah etc are sharks territory are they

docbrown

Coach
Sydney Stadium Rationalisation Plan

Panthers

12 home games @ New 25k-30k Penrith Stadium
(must play against Eels, Bulldogs & Tigers)

Eels
12 home games @ Parramatta (must play against Panthers, Bulldogs & Tigers)

Sea Eagles
9-12 home games @ Brookvale - build a new stadium yourself, you povo ba****ds
If Reducing Brookvale games down to 9 then make Gosford a second base:
3 home games @ Gosford (vs Knights and 2 others)
3 away games @ Gosford
Sell a 6 games Gosford membership package

Roosters
10 home games @ SFS (must play against Rabbitohs, Dragons & Tigers)
3 away games @ SFS (vs Rabbitohs, Dragons & Tigers)
Sell a 13 games SFS membership package
2 home games – elsewhere outside of NSW in future expansion areas

Rabbitohs
10 home games @ SFS (must play against Roosters, Dragons & Tigers)
3 away games @ SFS (vs Roosters, Dragons & Tigers)

Bulldogs
12 home games @ New 25k-30k Liverpool Stadium
(must play against Eels, Panthers & Tigers)

Tigers
8 home games @ New 25k-30k Liverpool Stadium
(must play against Eels, Panthers & Bulldogs)
4 home games @ SFS (vs Roosters, Rabbitohs & Dragons & 1 other)
3 away games @ SFS (vs Roosters, Rabbitohs & Dragons)
Sell 8 game Liverpool & 7 game SFS membership packages

Dragons
8 home games @ New 25k-30k Wollongong Stadium
4 home games @ SFS (vs Tigers, Rabbitohs & Roosters & 1 other)
3 away games @ SFS (vs Tigers, Rabbitohs & Roosters)
Sell 8 game Wollongong & 7 game SFS membership packages

Sharks
9-12 home games @ Sutherland - build a new stadium yourself, you rich ba****ds
If Reducing Sutherland games down to 9 then make Gosford a second base:
3 away games @ Gosford

Edit: So in this scenario we go from 9 Sydney stadiums to 6. More Sydney derby games at centralised grounds, which will boost overall attendances. Merged club fans get around 7 to 8 home games in their nearby area. Plus Wollongong & Gosford also increase their number of games. Sydney clubs can also drop from 12 to 11 home games and take a game on the road to an expansion market. If Penrith wants to give up a game and play in Bathurst, or Bulldogs want to keep the Belmore game and play 11 at Liverpool, so be it. There's flexibility to do that.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
It’s a mix

you have your new fans who grew up wests tigers only and the old school Balmain fans who aren’t necessarily living close to lo

plus some old wests fans too

back to Balmain days you would say their support was more the inner west from say burwood Strathfield back to leichardt and Victoria bridge
TopRyde/Carlingford/Epping/Gladesville
Lots of my mates go to the LO games they all stem from those areas

MugaB

Coach
Carlton Ramsgate and kogarah etc are sharks territory are they
Call out Territories all you want, its like setting up borders between souths and easts, it doesn’t matter anymore, all that does is the junior comps that feed into the NRL dragons are mostly in Wollongong now, sharks in sutherland, theres no issue,

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Any relocation calls for sharks are years too late. The clubs assets, money in the bank and a smart board have ruined your plans.

The stadium needs work no doubt about that but you can rule out relocation.

Vlad59

Juniors
Any relocation calls for sharks are years too late. The clubs assets, money in the bank and a smart board have ruined your plans.

That’s right. I get why we annoy posters here as the ground really does need work but it’s now the only negative. Interestingly our ‘play rugby league’ site is the only one which has been updated to any real extent by any Sydney Club and we have well over 300 teams already with a number of comps yet to be entered in it. The amalgamation with the st George comp from over 11s on has resulted in strong comps all the way through to under 18s this year. I’ll be interested to see what the Board does from here but relocation is now a dead duck.

shewi6

Juniors
I really think it will soon be time for the sharks to bite the bullet and leave shark park behind before they themselves get left behind and miss capitilising on this recent period of success.

There is neither the money or the space to turn the ground into a good modern stadium that will help the club grow.

They should start taking some event games to the sfs now and try to emulate the roosters success drawing big crowds despite historically being a 'small' team.

They could team up with developers again and turn the western and nothern ends of shark park into more apartments while the southern end and the field can be built into a centre of excellence.
Either keep the eastern side as is and play trials there or make use of the space for the leagues club.

I know a full time move to the sfs will be fiercely opposed by many supporters and probaly won't happen, but it is the easiest and quickest way I can see the issue of sharkpark getting sorted. As it stands it is not appropriate for NRL football and I can't see how it will be in the future.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Why would you use Accor rather than allianz? Allianz is by far the better stadium And there are no signs nsw govt has any plans to spend anything on Accor for the foreseeable future.
Once again showing you know nothing about Sydney. They should be playing as far west as possible

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Sydney Stadium Rationalisation Plan

Panthers

12 home games @ New 25k-30k Penrith Stadium
(must play against Eels, Bulldogs & Tigers)

Eels
12 home games @ Parramatta (must play against Panthers, Bulldogs & Tigers)

Sea Eagles
9-12 home games @ Brookvale - build a new stadium yourself, you povo ba****ds
If Reducing Brookvale games down to 9 then make Gosford a second base:
3 away games @ Gosford
Sell a 6 games Gosford membership package

Roosters
10 home games @ SFS (must play against Rabbitohs, Dragons & Tigers)
3 away games @ SFS (vs Rabbitohs, Dragons & Tigers)

Rabbitohs
10 home games @ SFS (must play against Roosters, Dragons & Tigers)
3 away games @ SFS (vs Roosters, Dragons & Tigers)

Bulldogs
12 home games @ New 25k-30k Liverpool Stadium
(must play against Eels, Panthers & Tigers)

Tigers
8 home games @ New 25k-30k Liverpool Stadium
(must play against Eels, Panthers & Bulldogs)
4 home games @ SFS (vs Roosters, Rabbitohs & Dragons & 1 other)
3 away games @ SFS (vs Roosters, Rabbitohs & Dragons)
Sell 8 game Liverpool & 7 game SFS membership packages

Dragons
8 home games @ New 25k-30k Wollongong Stadium
4 home games @ SFS (vs Tigers, Rabbitohs & Roosters & 1 other)
3 away games @ SFS (vs Tigers, Rabbitohs & Roosters)
Sell 8 game Wollongong & 7 game SFS membership packages

Sharks
9-12 home games @ Sutherland - build a new stadium yourself, you rich ba****ds
If Reducing Sutherland games down to 9 then make Gosford a second base:
3 away games @ Gosford
Or -- relocate the Sharks entirely to Perth or Adelaide. I don't care really.
I obviously want as many Penrith games in the upgraded stadium as possible but we shouldn't abandon the Bathurst game

shewi6

Juniors
There is plenty of scope to upgrade the stadium, just not the money.
And without money then the stadium doesn't have any upgrade potential.

But realistically what can be done there when the eastern side is two thirds occupied by a beer garden and a hotel and the actual stand is part of the leagues club? So nothing there.

The south is hemmed in by a road and was the last place to receive a new stand so won't be getting knocked down. The north is strangled by mangroves and power lines, and the west is on a narrow sliver of land backing onto the apartments on that side. It is the only place that you could actually extend the seating from goal line to goal line and that is only going to get a couple thousand extra at the most.

The south is hemmed in by a road and was the last place to receive a new stand so won't be getting knocked down. The north is strangled by mangroves and power lines, and the west is on a narrow sliver of land backing onto the apartments on that side. It is the only place that you could actually extend the seating from goal line to goal line and that is only going to get a couple thousand extra at the most.

docbrown

Coach

That’s right. I get why we annoy posters here as the ground really does need work but it’s now the only negative. Interestingly our ‘play rugby league’ site is the only one which has been updated to any real extent by any Sydney Club and we have well over 300 teams already with a number of comps yet to be entered in it. The amalgamation with the st George comp from over 11s on has resulted in strong comps all the way through to under 18s this year. I’ll be interested to see what the Board does from here but relocation is now a dead duck.
Yeah I don't think they'll relocate. The stadium situation is just creating an artificial limiting drag factor on the NRL total attendances, somewhere in the order of 40-80k annually. I also think it wouldn't hurt for them to expand their appeal outside of the shire and having a secondary base, which could lift their overall averages too.

Vlad59

Juniors
Yeah I don't think they'll relocate. The stadium situation is just creating an artificial limiting drag factor on the NRL total attendances, somewhere in the order of 40-80k annually. I also think it wouldn't hurt for them to expand their appeal outside of the shire and having a secondary base, which could lift their overall averages too.
Agreed. We are bunkered down now but we’ve got to do something about the supporter base and facilities. The idea of travelling from tassie to watch a game at that ground doesn’t inspire me to part with my $s.