What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

?? G.C. bears for 2017 ??

CC_Roosters

First Grade
What is the titans relationship with burleigh and tweed heads in the q cup? Do they use one or both as feeder clubs?

Mixed feelings about this, would be great to have the bears back in some form, but at the same time the titans can still be susrainable with their own brand with the right people in charge and a competitive side.

As a central coast resident having a side part time in the gold coast and part time in the central coast does not really enthuse me as its not really anybodies team then. would be hetter to just keep one area happy and keep all home games at robina.

If it does happen then it could see the gold coast be a bigger draw in sydney as a main benefit. not sure what it would do to the GC fanbase, would rusted on titans fans fade away or stick to the Gold coast club regardless of moniker and colours?

Last edited:

Diesel

Referee
Would the CC Bears then no longer exist in the NSW CUP or would be a feeder to the GC team?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Just a thought but why don't the Bears look at replacing Balmain in the Wests Tigers merger? (Obviously will need a new name).
They get to stay in Sydney, there remaining fans get a local team to support, the magpies & bears both seem to have some financial backing, & the original clubs both seem to have a large remaining supporter base (Balmain doesn't seem to have one... I'm a neutral kiwi observer so Balmain fans please don't attack).
For a name what about something like the Sydney Suburbs Bears, or North & West Sydney Bears (again I'm neutral and personally think any new team should be named by there fans)... Does it even need a location name?

If its was Wests collapsing and the Tigers looking for a new partner i would absolutely agree (Northern Sydney Tigers is the match that should have happened back in '99).

However, cant imagine Wests would be keep to change the logo AGAIN, and joining with the North Surburns and the CC would stretch the team further than they already are.

If they NEED a new partner, they should go for the Cabramatta Leagues club (they were wanting a team back in 1967), base their training there and commit to a Liverpool stadium (ANZ or Parra in the short term.)

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Gold coast is much more important market for nrl than the c coast

Population is double on GC and a lot more competitive a market which they need to stay in

If cc gets 2 home games and a couple of away fixtures 4-5 games a year would keep most of the cc happy

Not big enough for a stand alone team anyway

Look at mariners

macavity

Referee
Makes more sense for the Knights to take 2 games a year to CC and the NRL offer incentives for other teams to host the Knights there. Newcastle/CC has much better alignment than any other mix, and the CC has traditionally been Knights feeder territory until certain Sydney clubs tried to buy their way in.

But it makes sense, so it won't happen. Plus the Knights can't have nice things.

bobmar28

Bench
If its was Wests collapsing and the Tigers looking for a new partner i would absolutely agree (Northern Sydney Tigers is the match that should have happened back in '99).

However, cant imagine Wests would be keep to change the logo AGAIN, and joining with the North Surburns and the CC would stretch the team further than they already are.

If they NEED a new partner, they should go for the Cabramatta Leagues club (they were wanting a team back in 1967), base their training there and commit to a Liverpool stadium (ANZ or Parra in the short term.)

Have to agree with that.The Tigers are very popular in the Liverpool area.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Makes more sense for the Knights to take 2 games a year to CC and the NRL offer incentives for other teams to host the Knights there. Newcastle/CC has much better alignment than any other mix, and the CC has traditionally been Knights feeder territory until certain Sydney clubs tried to buy their way in.

But it makes sense, so it won't happen. Plus the Knights can't have nice things.

I dont think Newcastle should be taking home games away from the Hunter. But we are the obvious team for Sydney clubs to take games to the CC against. We dont draw well in Sydney but we would at Gosford

Sadly though, clubs are more interested in keeping their "home advantage" than filling a stadium...

I dont think Newcastle should be taking home games away from the Hunter. But we are the obvious team for Sydney clubs to take games to the CC against. We dont draw well in Sydney but we would at Gosford

Sadly though, clubs are more interested in keeping their "home advantage" than filling a stadium...

That's not entirely true. For a while Souths played their 'home' games against the Knights at Gosford.

Last year was the first time for a while I can remember (and can be proven wrong) that we played Newcastle at home at Stadium Australia. (Since 2007?) Played the Knights in Cairns once or twice too.

But I think it's a good idea using Gosford for Sydney teams to play the Knights. Like a half-way home for both.

t-ba

Post Whore
In six weeks time there will be adults younger than the Bears final top flight match.

I have stuck up a fair bit for them over the years but that ship has well and truly sailed.

mave

Coach
I read somewhere that Wyatt Earp was still alive the last time these fools won a comp.

It made me chuckle.