What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day: First Semi vs Cows

SadShark

Bench
Man, it don’t matter none. There’s always someone in a black, white and blue jersey who’s willing to step up and be the derp to f**k up when it matters. Next weekend, they get their chance.

Thanks for 2016. How in the f**k did that happen? I’ll never know but geez, it’s saved me from having to follow some Romanian croquet team for a sport interest.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Thanks guys, I trust the judgements of who has said it was a sin bin.

But I will not back down on Hynes kicking. Poor old Willem Dafoe was losing it.
My take on it was that in the 2nd half we were against the wind so he wasn't getting the distance required but hey, I wasn't there.
Well I haven’t given up.

Some of the fans on this forum might have given up.

But no way this team has given up.

No way they want to go out in straight sets.

Not with Fitzy running the show.

You could already see in the press conference Fitzy saying we’ll wash this off and onto next week. There is great spirit in this side, well coached and we are still pretty healthy.

Everyone saying how will we get up next week after a match like that. We’ll just think our next opponent will come from two teams bashing each other 2 weeks in a row and that has already taken a toll on them just after 1 encounter.

Got a feeling we’ll face Souffs. Results seem to reverse when two teams play each other in a very short time and Manu is a huge out for the Rorters.

For me we need Tolman back in the team to play some bigger minutes than what Fifita can offer. The Fifita sentiment should now end after last night to help us progress next week. I reckon Fitzy makes that call. We need some fresh legs to help our forwards recover from this game. Tolman can do that for us.

If we win we’ll we face the Panthers. A tougher matchup compared to what we would have had if we won last night but anything is possible. I mean if a side like the Eels can beat them twice in a season surely we have an opportunity to as well.

But one game at a time.

Don’t chuck your toys out of the pram just yet.
Besides, playing Penrith is inevitable and to win it you have to beat them, would have been nice to do it in the GF instead of the Prelim.

I'm on board, f**k this shit we are still in the fight and I'm excited for next week whoever we play.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
C
The weird thing is that Dale was the real driver of our defence in the past. As @island pro mentions, I wouldn’t be surprised if his ribs are causing an issue and it could have also affected his match fitness.

My other concern was that Hamlin-Uele and Fifita got 24 and 16 minutes respectively. One impact prop on the bench with low minutes on the bench is fine, but two? I hate to say it because I think he is a plodder - but Sharks may have been better served to have Tolman on the bench to eat some more minutes.
Can't believe BHU only played 24 mins. He's been a wrecking ball these last few weeks. Think we learnt plenty of lessons last night. And Val can go f**k himself. Those two dives cost us the game. Not saying the sin-bin wasn't possibly justified but definite academy award stuff in both those CT incidents. I went to the game hating Lesssgooo and left it hating Val.

R-15-3

Bench
C

Can't believe BHU only played 24 mins. He's been a wrecking ball these last few weeks. Think we learnt plenty of lessons last night. And Val can go f**k himself. Those two dives cost us the game. Not saying the sin-bin wasn't possibly justified but definite academy award stuff in both those CT incidents. I went to the game hating Lesssgooo and left it hating Val.
BHU looks done as soon as he came on.
Really struggled with ruck speed.

Windy70

Juniors
I think we will be better for it. made it tough on ourselves but still some in the team have never felt that pressure and stood up for the most part. That intro is out of the way and I think we'll be better for it.

Still in it.

Edit - Also- Remember we should not be where we are. Over achievers this year so plenty to be fluffy about IMO.

Last edited:

txta2

Bench
Tracey is a goer but he had three poor plays that cost points.
1. Tried to scoop up the grubber when he just needed to force it right on half time.
2. Jamming in unnecessarily when the rest of the was sliding and had it covered, leaving Tualangi to score.
3. Not going for the ball in the Holmes incident and getting binned.
Bombed try was a given

Last edited:

Tiger Shark

Bench
Also who ever we play gets one game less turn around time than us.

Would rather play an extra 13 mins of football than have one less day between games.It was a tough game but they’ll just have a light week and be ready for Saturday

SharkShocked

Bench
Pretty tough to be optimistic after that for next week.

Very deflating result in the way it happened vs a team on the up confidence after surviving elimination week 1.

Honestly doesn’t really matter, Penrith would eat us alive based on that last night.

Cant see us bouncing back week 2.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Hopefully Sam is no longer the Val Holmes fan club ring leader.
I won’t hear a harsh word about a 2016 legend, but yeah on this occasion he can fugg off… Bloody freak. At the ground, as soon as they went for the play, just knew it was on. Only he could make that play, shame it wasn’t Chad as he (like most players) wouldn’t have it in him.

Big question though - how is Alan the philo connection going to respond to last nights game?

shaggs

Coach
I didn’t get to see the game except for the extra time period.

However I have been told that there was a section of the crowd singing Up Up cronulla with 10 minutes to go.

What the actual f**k is that shit. Obviously bandwagon fans who don’t know the rules.

DJDL

Bench
I don't subscribe to the view that we are done for the year just yet.
We're every chance next week, but the following week will be a different story.

But this was a golden opportunity missed.
A chance to progress to the prelim, and then on to the gf without having to face the Pennies is huge.

I think we're a chance of winning next week, but to face the Panthers after a week off is a tough ask.
Different story in the gf though. Who knows what happens to their squad in the prelim? Anything can happen.

Having said that, I came out of the Panthers game this year thinking we have the game to beat them.
Just need to be really up for it and take our opportunities.

In Fitz I trust.