What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs Drizzle.

SadShark

Bench
My understanding is Fitz doesn't miss with feedback but is not a Gus/Bellamy type public sprayer. But he will call and address the issues very directly as uncomfortable as it can be. He just prefers it behind closed doors in his walls.
Whereas, our players on the other hand, like to address the saloon passage he gives them into a guaranteed 1st grade spot by stinking it the f**k up on the field, in a worldwide live broadcast, for all to see, replaying it over and over, for years to come.

What we witnessed today, is a team that straight up, does not give one f**k and does not fear the coach. One bit.

Special K

Coach
What we witnessed today, is a team that straight up, does not give one f**k and does not fear the coach. One bit.
It is a big test for Fitz. His first time losing 2 in a row. A style he wouldn't like. I would say this (and the roosters game last year) are the two times I felt the team gave up. Today when things went against us we looked like a team who did not believe we could win which is odd to me.

SadShark

Bench
It is a big test for Fitz. His first time losing 2 in a row. A style he wouldn't like. I would say this (and the roosters game last year) are the two times I felt the team gave up. Today when things went against us we looked like a team who did not believe we could win which is odd to me.
Will Kennedy is getting off from a flogging in this game day thread. I saw the obligatory fling out of the jersey sleeve at hard running players coming at him.
He’s another golden boy when we’re beating up on out of form teams. I’m not a fan of that type of piss ant, half arsed non-effort. Jono Docking was a much littler bloke and almost always put his small frame on the line to stop them.

Special K

Coach
Will Kennedy is getting off from a flogging in this game day thread. I saw the obligatory fling out of the jersey sleeve at hard running players coming at him.
He’s another golden boy when we’re beating up on out of form teams. I’m not a fan of that type of piss ant, half arsed non-effort. Jono Docking was a much littler bloke and almost always put his small frame on the line to stop them.
WK kills it when things are going our way. I've yet to see WK dig us out of a hole or win us a 50/50 game off the top of my head. I love the idea of Dykes but I have not seen enough of his play. I think WK has locked in that spot for a while though. That Grant barge over f**king gave me the shits though as I feel most FBs stop that.

Side note which I hope Sam doesn't mind is Docking was texting Sam during the game his feelings. I was giggling like a school girl at how cool that was. Nothing on players just how he was feeling about the effort today. He is one of us!

txta2

Bench
Is the coach joking after that end of game presser?
Looks like he doesn't give a sh1t even though his team just got bent over.
Same team next week guaranteed and same shit show. Very worrying signs for this team.

Chimp

Bench
I would have liked a much sterner response to any origin related questions. He should have been saying ‘We’re an NRL team, and both as individuals and as a team, we are currently not performing to NRL standard, so any thoughts of Origin should be a long way from the minds of anyone in our club!’
He can keep his feedback to individuals behind closed doors, but I feel he should have called out our collective ‘effort’. It simply wasn’t good enough, and effort isn’t a training/structure thing. Effort is what the players should bring to the party every week, regardless of anything else that’s going on.
Gordon Tallis is a nob, but the 1 thing he often talks about (usually when saying how amazing QLD players are) is that they always put themselves in positions ‘just in case’ they’re needed, and he talks about effort being visible by the number of jerseys in the picture, and he’s absolutely right. Unfortunately for us, our players are not making those ‘just in case’ efforts (Dale did to be fair on the penalty goal kick, but he was the only one), when there’s a loose ball, the other teams are fighting harder than us for it.
Dale tries but is just massively ineffective, as does McInnes. Nikora is the only one who for me who I can look at each week and think ‘you’re busting a nut, and making a difference’.

Craigshark

First Grade

WK is a sacred cow. Has a lot of good flashy parts to his game, but far out he cannot make a tackle to save his life. Is good against the worse teams than us. Also hogged it at the start of the second half. Ramien looked filthy with him too.

Quicksilver

Bench
WK is a sacred cow. Has a lot of good flashy parts to his game, but far out he cannot make a tackle to save his life. Is good against the worse teams than us. Also hogged it at the start of the second half. Ramien looked filthy with him too.

I don't know. Not many fullbacks are getting dropped for missing one on one tackles on backrowers when they've already run through the defensive line.

Chimp

Bench
Kennedy is far far FAR from one of our biggest issues. Yes, he’s not the best defensive fullback, but he’s not the worst either, and even the worlds greatest fullback is going to struggle defending behind what WK is at the moment.
We are getting absolutely monstered in both attack and defence by any team that fancies turning up ready to play hard and fast.
We lose the collision when we have the ball and subsequently revert to trying to throw the ball around, without having earned the right to do so, and often in our own half. Teams are getting to spend an age holding us down, because they’ve got a ‘dominant’ call, because they’ve usually rag dolled us back a few meters and taken us to the ground late.
In defence, teams are steaming through our middle, getting quick play the balls and hitting us on the retreat around the ruck. We are constantly on the back foot.
Kennedy can’t do much about any of that, and is just about the only player who looks capable of creating something out of nothing. I can’t believe anyone would be bagging him, given the wider shit show.

Craigshark

First Grade
I don't know. Not many fullbacks are getting dropped for missing one on one tackles on backrowers when they've already run through the defensive line.

yeah I get all that. He’s back there for a few reasons though, and one of them is if someone breaks through the line. As soon as anyone breaks through our line, it’s try time. The harry grant one. That gets stopped by 9/10 fullbacks.

Is WK near the top of our problems no.
He made a few mistakes yes, but how about first the main problems of the team.
As we move through them if WK still a problem let's look at, if that 17 that ran out yesterday there is at least 10 players who have more issues