What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GAME DAY vs Drizzle.

SadShark

Bench
Pffft. That shirt sleeve slap tackle is one of his specialties.

Back to the game. We had players lay down (literally), give up and throw in the towel 20-minutes before halftime. They then escalated their no f**ks given, for the remaining 60-minutes. You mutts stained the jersey. Spat on the badge and gave two birds to the supporters. Yep, ya don’t GAF and we read ya’s loud and clear MoFo’s. Right back at ya.

Craigshark

First Grade
Is WK near the top of our problems no.
He made a few mistakes yes, but how about first the main problems of the team.
As we move through them if WK still a problem let's look at, if that 17 that ran out yesterday there is at least 10 players who have more issues

he isn’t our biggest problem no, but just because he isn’t doesn’t mean he should escape any sort of criticism. His defence has always been an issue and it doesn’t feel like it has improved at all.

he isn’t our biggest problem no, but just because he isn’t doesn’t mean he should escape any sort of criticism. His defence has always been an issue and it doesn’t feel like it has improved at all.
I really like WK but his tackling needs to improve.
His weakness in this area is only being highlighted further by the fact our forwards (and some of our backs) aren't doing their job defensively exposing WK deficiencies in this area even further.

Fitz a defensive coach? could have fooled me. We've dropped well away.

The other question I've got, what middles have we not made a play for in the time Fitz started calling recruitment shots until now?

Dale's the only player we targeted and thought we needed?

Yet Dolphins are signing blokes like Flegler from under the Broncos nose?

Any chance we are looking at Frizell again? Buy him and turn him into a prop.

Of all the other teams in the comp we are like the Titans great on from foot, but if momentum switches neither team no what to do.
They have the forwards, and we have the backs

sladden road

Juniors
Yes I agree. I'm sorry about the insenitive joke. I meant no harm. God bless Nicho and god bless you all sharks fans. Even you frenzy! Today was brutal.

No more insensitive jokes from me on this forum
Shockingly yes.

Always an extra 20 in there proved real. We were in Caringbah, dropped Sam back in Caringbah then me in Cronulla for Josh to get back to Gymea. I reckon that was what 9 all up for Josh to get home in the end. Either way he has more balls than me or Sam!
K you did good mate.

Poss

Juniors
Don’t buy into that. It means that no team has done it before. It doesn’t mean it will never happen. Prior to 2016, the sharks had never won the comp but that clearly didn’t mean that we never would. We did. Someone will win after conceding 50 in a season too. With HIA, 6 agains, momentum etc, 50 point games are becoming more and more ‘normal’.

Quicksilver

Bench
Don’t buy into that. It means that no team has done it before. It doesn’t mean it will never happen. Prior to 2016, the sharks had never won the comp but that clearly didn’t mean that we never would. We did. Someone will win after conceding 50 in a season too. With HIA, 6 agains, momentum etc, 50 point games are becoming more and more ‘normal’.

Agree with all that

Frenzy.

Immortal
It is a big test for Fitz. His first time losing 2 in a row. A style he wouldn't like. I would say this (and the roosters game last year) are the two times I felt the team gave up. Today when things went against us we looked like a team who did not believe we could win which is odd to me.
2nd time. 2 were semi finals

Frenzy.

Immortal
WK is a sacred cow. Has a lot of good flashy parts to his game, but far out he cannot make a tackle to save his life. Is good against the worse teams than us. Also hogged it at the start of the second half. Ramien looked filthy with him too.
Neither can Reece Walsh. 20% tackle efficiency versus K-Niggets but to a man (or other) in here you would all say he's better than Kennedy. He's not, he's just in a better team.

Any fullback left standing on the back of a flogging like we got will get beaten.

P.S. There were 55 tackles missed in front of WK last night. FIFTY FIVE!

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
Who is Poland and how did that nickname get selected?

Neither can Reece Walsh. 20% tackle efficiency versus K-Niggets but to a man (or other) in here you would all say he's better than Kennedy. He's not, he's just in a better team.

Any fullback left standing on the back of a flogging like we got will get beaten.

Also when you play fullback your misses stand out more, you are one on one.
To see who misses in line normally have to see replay.
Exactly 55 misses first, WK is one of the least to blame yesterday

Craigshark

First Grade

I guess the argument could be made Walsh isn’t exposed as much because he is in a better team? A few of the more recent tackles I’ve seen by Walsh, I’ve never seen from WK.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I guess the argument could be made Walsh isn’t exposed as much because he is in a better team? A few of the more recent tackles I’ve seen by Walsh, I’ve never seen from WK.
It's definitely a valid argument. He's only made 51 tackles over 15 games which means better work in front of him. 4 less tackles made by Walsh than the entire Sharks team missed last night.

You wouldn't be a fullback at the Sharks for quids