What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Raider

Weaponhead

Coach
Rotations were odd. BHU and Rudolf should have been replaced after 15 minutes given the amount of defence they did and how gassed they were. It looked like a prescribed rotation strategy rather than using the bench tactically to change the game.

Hunt getting 12 minutes is a waste. He offers physical presence and an offload. Talakai also provided punch. Fifita was strong.

Rotations were odd. BHU and Rudolf should have been replaced after 15 minutes given the amount of defence they did and how gassed they were. It looked like a prescribed rotation strategy rather than using the bench tactically to change the game.

Hunt getting 12 minutes is a waste. He offers physical presence and an offload. Talakai also provided punch. Fifita was strong.
Do you agree with my assumption that maybe, just maybe, Fitz was still "trialling" what we've got?

shadowboxer

First Grade
Hunt was a weapon, so was Talakai, we needed them and when they were on we were on top.
I honestly think that Fitzy played this game like a trial. I'm serious.
Not as far fetched as one might assume with the coach. Will rewatch the game, but after seeing the second half, good and bad but still a lot of positives.
Nice thing - these fuggers are playing for their future. Ramien…..borrowed time

Not as far fetched as one might assume with the coach. Will rewatch the game, but after seeing the second half, good and bad but still a lot of positives.
Nice thing - these fuggers are playing for their future. Ramien…..borrowed time
Yep, if Jesse wants to be in firsts he'll have to get his dumb game play out, he did show some very strong signs in defence.
All part of the programme. Lets re-visit in round 12-13?

Hunt was a weapon, so was Talakai, we needed them and when they were on we were on top.
I honestly think that Fitzy played this game like a trial. I'm serious.
Could be right . If so sounds smart. Playing the long game. Just cant make it tooo long. Management and the fans wont stand for it!

Last edited:

azzah72

Bench
One big positive I thought.

Our defence seemed better considering the weight of possession.

A few missed tackles to clean up but none I recall being momentum shifters

Weaponhead

Coach
Do you agree with my assumption that maybe, just maybe, Fitz was still "trialling" what we've got?
For a new coach the first few rounds are definitely trial like in that they are learning a lot about individuals and the cohesion in the unit. Training is no substitute for game intensity. Clearly the results matter but I suspect Fitz is playing a longer game.

Tapine and Papa are excellent props and they dominated the first half. I reckon we really need a quality starting prop. Also, no Trindall severely limits kicking options.

Weaponhead

Coach
One big positive I thought.

Our defence seemed better considering the weight of possession.

A few missed tackles to clean up but none I recall being momentum shifters
Hynes missing Wighton was a big momentum shift.

Rudolf had 6 misses as did Nikora. Moylan and Ramien missed 5. These are players who missed too many last season. By contrast, Finucane missed zero and made 45!

shaggs

Coach
This may be controversial but if Tracey is fit, and I talked to him today, there is a chance, Ronny on the wing is a better chance of scoring that try at the end, also he would not have dropped that sitter in the first half.
Plus, let's see if McInnes is available
Agree with this.

I would also looking at whether BHU can be on the bench. Maybe Fifita to start and ditch Tolman

txta2

Bench
Ramien only touched the ball once in the 2nd half, he was ok with it in the 1st..what happened??

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Reckon we win that game with Trindall playing instead of Moyza. Last tackle plays were awful. Good that you can play so poorly and get so close. Work in progress. f**k Ricky shits me.

Tony Seibs

Juniors
Mate I agree that Ramien did a silly thing, but he did not lose us the game. Watch the first-half again, that's what lost us the game.
They'd rectified the first half, clawed in front and were about to completely swing the momentum and turn the screws on the Raiders for the final 5. Jesse undid all of that. Obviously we can't say he flat out lost it but I believe they win if he doesn't give up that penalty.

All that aside it was just so f**king dumb, costly and totally avoidable. Lets hope he sorts it out because he's got it all there to be a weapon physically.

Tony Seibs

Juniors
Reckon we win that game with Trindall playing instead of Moyza. Last tackle plays were awful.
Some 3rd tackle brainfart grubbers into opposition legs you reckon?

Moyza was a useless tit but I'm not sure Trindall solves last play options much.

We definitely need another reliable boot though. Love to see Brailey make it a part of his game.

Quicksilver

Bench
They were missing Wade too who is another last tackle option. Between Nicho, Brailey, Wade, Moylan and whoever else they should be able to handle it.

Was the ball meant to end up with Wilton for a kick or was that just an accident?

Latest posts