What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glenn James Maxwell - THE BIG SHOW...

TheParraboy

Staff member
http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/story/1070031.html

Poor Maxy, everyone getting stuck into him over puplic comments about his Victorian skipper Wade

Lehmann said that while it was disappointing that Maxwell had chosen a public forum for his comments on batting below Wade, he was confident the Australian camp could put the problem behind them.

"We're obviously disappointed but we'll work through those issues," Lehmann said. "We're confident they can work together."

Meanwhile Quiney, who has not played a Sheffield Shield match this summer, pulled no punches when asked about Maxwell's comments on Wade and the batting order.

"I think he needs to lip it and just make some runs," Quiney said on EON Sports radio on Friday. "Victoria are flying at the moment, but he's not setting the world on fire himself. He's actually only batted at six twice so I don't know where this has come from. It's good that he's honest, unfortunately it's probably not the greatest attitude to have, I reckon."

Former Victoria captain Darren Berry also slammed Maxwell's decision to make such comments in public, telling SEN radio: "That's 'me, me, me' stuff isn't it? It's a team sport and he's batting at six. Cameron White's batting behind him at seven. Cameron White didn't come out and criticise Matthew Wade [...] you just don't do it."

It has been a fraught year for Maxwell, who has not been part of Australia's ODI XI since June in the West Indies, despite being named the team's ODI Cricketer of the Year in January. He also asked for a transfer to New South Wales during the off-season but was blocked by Victoria, who then left him out of their XI for the first Shield match of the summer.

JJ

Immortal
Quiney? WTF

Seriously, Wade's a mover and shaker, got friends in low places

Pretty f**ked though, from what I've seen White should bat above them both, and Wade the lowest - Wade is as "me, me, me" as anyone... FFS fancy one of Warnie's old mates criticising someone for being self obsessed...

Great if Boof doesn't think a whole lot of the Big Show, but pretty f**ked up if he thinks Wade is an international keeper

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Have to laugh Boof bagging the big show and saying he hadn't scored a 100 in two years, why would we pick a bloke who hasn't scored a 100 in two years??? Well Boof you were happy to pick a keeper who couldn't get a run in a cheap pair of stockings with Stumps for hands.

JJ

Immortal
It's pretty dumb from Lehmann anyway, from what I can tell Maxwell has only played a handful of Shield games in those two years, and has scored runs in England

No Maxwell fan, but WTF is Lehmann even weighing into this Warne and friends circle jerk for anyway

JJ

Immortal
And at the same time media drums are banging for a test recall for someone who hasn't played a Shield game since 2011, and has a total of 8 first class games with 26 wickets at 30!?!?!?!?!

vvvrulz

Coach
Steve Smith is the latest to jump in and slam TheXFactorBigShit, having a sook about his 'disrespectful' comments to Wade. Copped a fine too.

I think Maxwell is a hack, but I cannot understand this public gutting that's going on. It's also pretty rich to defend Wade, an equally terrible player.

steggz

Juniors
It was a strange move to whinge about it in public. And if Maxwell moves to NSW, I hope any spot he gets in the side comes at the expense of older players rather than up and comers

Timbo

Staff member
I think the way Head played tonight and Sunday signals an extended period on the sideline for Maxy.

Occupies the exact same role as Maxwell and doesn't come across as a total cockwaffle.

TheParraboy

Staff member
I think the way Head played tonight and Sunday signals an extended period on the sideline for Maxy.

Occupies the exact same role as Maxwell and doesn't come across as a total cockwaffle.

very true

Though wouldn't be surprised if they "rested" Warner and Smith to prepare for the Pakistan test series (starts on the 15th) , keep the bowlers playing

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He tried to, right? Perhaps that's what he's being punished for
I'd say so, fancy wanting to leave the sporting capital of the known universe???

He gets dropped first game and then is at 8 next. Can't blame him for being pissed after they blocked his release.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I like how boof says he needs to score runs (fair enough) then selects him and sits him on the bench. Not to mention he misses a shield game while he's running drinks for Wadey.

I'm no fan of the show but its hard to score runs when you're not playing.

Latest posts