What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gordon To Leave…

Big Mick

Referee
May be for the best.

Gives him a shot to win now...and lets our young guys continue to develop combinations as a team.

Alan Shore

First Grade
we will sign all the cronulla rejects next year .Not 1 quality player will see our club untill 2014 at the earliest.

Well you still do have Simmons. But I hope Gordon does come over this year - no point you guys taking games off a youngster who can use them to get experience for next year, and we desperately need speed and class in our own backline.

mxlegend99

Referee
f**k I hope we don't let Flash go early. It would be hugely disappointing if that game against the Bulldogs was his last ever for the Panthers. Plus we desperately need some quality in our centres. Was hoping he would finish the year off partnering Jenko in the centres, with Tighe and Daniela back at Windsor where they belong.

murraymob

Coach
why should we help the sharks.Have we given up on winning games.Finishing higher than parra should be our priority

abpanther

Staff member
If letting Gordon go early means we can give more playing time to our juniors and re-sign some of our young crop then I'm all for it

betcats

Referee
If letting Gordon go early means we can give more playing time to our juniors and re-sign some of our young crop then I'm all for it

Pretty much. I would like to see Gordon in Penrith Colours again but if we can get the Sharkies to buy out his whole contract then let him go, might even get a premiership with em.

The OX

Juniors
If we let Gordon go and that frees up money on this years cap, can we bring forward a portion of next years players payments to improve next years cap issues?

betcats

Referee
If we let Gordon go and that frees up money on this years cap, can we bring forward a portion of next years players payments to improve next years cap issues?

My cap knowledge is very little but im gonna go out on a limb and say no. It would be good though.

The OX

Juniors
If we cant then thereisnt a lot of benifit in letting him go.

We need him to avoid the dreaded spoon.

franklin2323

Immortal

We can but it's confusing need to re lodge contracts etc. What is the more likely option. It frees up a spot in the fulltime squad. promote Mansour. It then gives 2nd tier money ( As Mansour's wage comes off FT instead) to give the kids a few games before the end of the year

The OX

Juniors
The sooner the cap pain is over the better.

If I hear of a CEO mention backending again they need to be backended themselves.

franklin2323

Immortal
The sooner the cap pain is over the better.

If I hear of a CEO mention backending again they need to be backended themselves.

I doubt we would get more then 100k for him. So it prob won't be worth that hassell but can get us some 2nd tier cap space. The easy way to fix the backend is to shop Lewis, Grant etc to companies and set up 3rd party deals to cancel out the rises.

Weston is re-signing. Should be finalised over the next month. the deal was sorted before Gordon left. So Gordon's contract offer is spare and same with whoevever else goes. We should have no problem re-signing players just wont get decent newbies in.

Last edited:
What sort of trouble would we have been in if Petero play his last year?
I honestly can't see how we are in trouble after losing Pet, Waterhouse and Pritchard all internationals on big money

franklin2323

Immortal
It was no surprise the day after he left Plum & Smith re-signed. Yeah. Some huge stuff up's all round. No way we should be anywhere near the cap.

Imo every team in the comp pays moneys under the table in some way or another. We must really be broke if you cant fudge it with this squad

maple_69

Bench
I'd be happy enough to let him go early if it allowed us to bring 2-3 juniors up over the next 3-4 months. I'm glad to see the club isn't settling for a pittance though. No point if we're just going to get 50-60k for him.

I do have the same feeling mx though. Would love to see him off properly. We'd get a great crowd in for Flash's last game and I think he deserves a proper send off.

Also just checked the draw. We have the Sharks in Round 21. We could potentially be running out against him straight away.