What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gould still crying

Card Shark

Immortal
Running out of clubs to ridicule or be better than.

Our virginity was the the butt of many a joke & now that is lost.

That hurts the knobs of this world.

SadShark

Bench
Yep it's an affliction suffered by many.

Shit through your dick, come out your arse. Hurts.

carcharias

Immortal
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/09cdd1d30846a66ab7863439acbd336c

Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan has lashed out at Phil Gould after the Panthers boss downplayed the Sharks’ grand final win last year.

Gould recently suggest Flanagan’s side won a “soft” competition

“I think it’s disrespectful and he should look in his own backyard,” Flanagan told Channel Ten News.

“(The Panthers) were soft (in round one). They were poor on the weekend and his five-year plan hasn’t worked.

“I don’t want to get into a slanging match with him, but I thought it was really disrespectful.”

Generalzod

Immortal
So going by Gould's logic the 2002 premiership win by the Roosters was soft the Dogs where the best team that year punished for their salary cheating, how about St Georges premiership win 2010 the storm where not allowed to play for points that year the bloke is full of hot air.

GongPanther

Referee
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/09cdd1d30846a66ab7863439acbd336c

Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan has lashed out at Phil Gould after the Panthers boss downplayed the Sharks’ grand final win last year.

Gould recently suggest Flanagan’s side won a “soft” competition

“I think it’s disrespectful and he should look in his own backyard,” Flanagan told Channel Ten News.

“(The Panthers) were soft (in round one). They were poor on the weekend and his five-year plan hasn’t worked.

“I don’t want to get into a slanging match with him, but I thought it was really disrespectful.”

In perspective,here is the quote were the word "soft" came into the equation:

"“I read the quotes this morning, I don’t know in what context he meant them but if he somehow meant that the 2016 competition was somehow flawed or soft, I’ve got to say I find that insulting,” Gallen told the Sunday Footy Show."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...m/news-story/3350cf17761cbc7cab7c0d95f590ebd1

This morning was the first time I've known about this story. But I'm surprised how none of you Sharks fans didn't notice it was Gallen who first mentioned the word "soft".

My guess is that Rothfield communicated with Gallen to run with that quote so the DT and Foxsports News could highlight it.

See girls and boys? ...that is journalism 2017 style when it's the SMH V the DT.

YTSharks

Juniors

"“I read the quotes this morning, I don’t know in what context he meant them but if he somehow meant that the 2016 competition was somehow flawed or soft, I’ve got to say I find that insulting,” Gallen told the Sunday Footy Show."

This morning was the first time I've known about this story. But I'm surprised how none of you Sharks fans didn't notice it was Gallen who first mentioned the word "soft".

My guess is that Rothfield communicated with Gallen to run with that quote so the DT and Foxsports News could highlight it.

See girls and boys? ...that is journalism 2017 style when it's the SMH V the DT.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ve-a-big-2017-nrl-season-20170225-gulbia.html
Wrong, try again

carcharias

Immortal

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...m/news-story/3350cf17761cbc7cab7c0d95f590ebd1

Ha
So f**king wrong it's not funny

coolumsharkie

Referee
merkinface said:
CRONULLA SHARKS

Not for a moment would I dare try to take anything away from the Sharks' memorable success last year. It was brilliant stuff and wonderful for them to win their first premiership in 49 years of existence. But I just think last year's competition was a little soft and this hard-nosed Sharks team was in the right place at the right time. I think this year's competition will be far more competitive.

So he doesn't dare take away anything from the Sharks win other than he reckons the comp was "SOFT". f**king wanker.

GongPanther

Referee

Thanks for that link,I did try looking but it had been removed on today's site.

So it looks like he did say "a little soft",but not completely. Still though,I am as a Panther supporter surprised and shocked that Gould suggested the comp was soft as that GF win,although not the greatest,but was one of the most absorbing...miles ahead of the 2015 GF. So apologies from me for Gould's foot & mouth disease. Unfortunately Gould's Twatter account has been disabled,so I can't let him know of my displeasure of him showing our club up (again).

carcharias

Immortal
Geeze he looked like such a bullshit artist in his little press conference re:cartrights ex missus.
And that shirt looked terrible on him
The colour was all wrong for his unhealthy complexion.

GongPanther

Referee
Geeze he looked like such a bullshit artist in his little press conference re:cartrights ex missus.
And that shirt looked terrible on him
The colour was all wrong for his unhealthy complexion.

I think underneath he was very upset after trying to build the club into a female issue aware club,only to have this shoved into his face.

Give it a week until some other issue in NRL land becomes the flavour of the week.

carcharias

Immortal
I think underneath he was very upset after trying to build the club into a female issue aware club,only to have this shoved into his face.

Give it a week until some other issue in NRL land becomes the flavour of the week.
He looked humiliated to have to front the media.
That would've hurt his ego immensely.
I bet Cartwright copped an ear full.

coolumsharkie

Referee

Yeah, someone might visit someone in jail or write a cryptic bunch of letters on their wrist or something.

Stake Removed

First Grade
If Buzz is a true Sharks supporter, he would be digging as much up on this Cartwright story to see when the club knew what was going on, see if it differs from Gus, then nail him to the cross if it does

shadowboxer

First Grade

Why even reply Flanno - just gives him more Oxygen. He is bloody irrelevant really..hes become the games greatest thinker

Card Shark

Immortal
All I can say is "thanks Phil"....that's just the motivatiin we need to kick-start our season.

I'd reckon that's the biggest reason Flanno is firing back.

When do we play Penrith, please be soon?