What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GRAND FINAL 2009. Bluebags v Titans

Willow

Assistant Moderator
:alcho:
the 'Bags spa is hot and running - Titans, don't be shy about dropping the daks and spreding the cheeks as you lower into the bubbles.

Watch the burning embers, there's rope and ceegars - just get onto the taps over aside the strappers and fillup.

:lol:

You say that every year and you always chicken out.

Goz's shout and the 'bags shed is open to all. The Porphry Pearl and Spumante is flowing.

:C:

Titanic

First Grade
Another epic contest in a season of epic contests.

Well done TTL and TA for your Grand Final debuts... and thank you to the rest of the squad for your season's efforts.

Well Willow... it's been a pleasure as usual - good luck but not too much to you and your team.

Over to you The Colonel for the job of the year.

We will very happily add a little bit of China into that invite Goz ... about 1,000 very small fish that will nibble off any dead skin while you splash around... it's a whole lot better than it sounds, believe you me. Blackberry Nip & lemonade for me thanks.

Oh I nearly forgot ... thanks timekeeper, you can turn off the alarm and slip back to sleep now.

Last edited:

gorilla

First Grade
Goz's shout and the 'bags shed is open to all. Of course, if I have my way, it's not all that's open

SHOUT-LARGE_t325.jpg

BTW, you Titan barstards - I'm keen for the fish, let's just make sure the rectal condoms are applied, then I reddy.

Titanic

First Grade
Goz, just for the wreckord, all of us Titans are "barstuds" except for bgdc who is a barstudmuffin.

And the fish? They are just a little on ticklish side and a little on the... well, you know the old saying "it's a fine line between pleasure & pain".

Last edited:

bgdc

Juniors
Great game all of you (Titans I mean) and good try Baggy Boys.

and, oooooh, I certainly can recommend the fish, Mr. Gorilla.

0100810fish1.jpg

The Colonel

Immortal
Titans

1. Amadean - 89

A thoughtful look at a lifelong relationship. Unfortunately your dad came up trumps again. Great read.

2. Tittoolate - 90

A different look at the cockroach and the cane toad and the league association. A different angle that worked well.

6. tits&tans - 88

Definitely a puzzle to entertain. Well written.

11. Titanic - 89

Ten seconds is truly a long time and this was well represented in your article.

13. TITs ANonymous - 88

A different take on organised sport at a young age. Well written

Total - 444

Newtown Bluebags

Willow - 91

How do we choose the team we support? Four choices, each of which could hold some deal influence of who we chose.

gorilla - 89

The upcoming Four Nations will make for interesting viewing......

ozbash - 88

A thoughtful recollection of 2003, your trip and the game itself.

Rexxy - 87

A different look at the F7's history. Great basis for your article.

Black Kitty - 90

What is in a name and how much difference will it make in the NRL if it is changed? The writer suggests looking at some much deeper issues first.

Total - 445

Player of the Final - Willow

Wow. To say the least a game worthy of a Grand Final. Some really great articles across the board which made the marking very difficult. The final result is evident if that.

So congratulations to the Bluebags, commiserations to the Titans. Both worthy adversaries.

Pistol

Coach
wowzers

1 point the diff again. Bags reversed last years result.

Congrats to both teams. Thanks Colonel for your work through the season.

And a special mention to Willow, winner of the inaugural Ozzie Medal

On behalf of the Ozzie Roosters I would like to congratulate Bluebags captain Willow with the first ever Ozzie Medal.
Order_of_Saint_Barnabas_Grand_Commander_Medal.png

The red, white and blue shows it...

Anyways congratulations to both the Bluebags and Titans for an amazing season. Bad luck to the Titans, you've been amazing this year.

This rivalry is soon to be bigger than that of Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.

Amadean

Juniors
Just checking something.....

Perhaps this will help? (from OWC thread)

It is the standard used in the F7s. Articles are copied and pasted there for counting. No interpretations or vagaries, it is just the Official Word Counter.

Before the OWC, there was no standard and players used MS Word, or some other online word counter. In some cases, players physically counted the words.

Clearly this was open to conflict as different methods brought up different counts. The OWC solved this problem.

If you paste the finished article in the OWC, then you can't go wrong. Just make sure you are pasting the article as the ref will see it (from headline to final word).

[emphasis mine]

Seems fairly straight-forward.

Latest posts