What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final tickets

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
derpty derp
All you do is whinge.

The culture of rugby league is different from that of fumbleball. Fumbleball needs to self promote and pat its self on the back every 5 minutes because it's insecure and knows that no one gives a f**k about it. The nrl doesn't give a f**k about putting on a song and dance because it knows that its on field product shits all over its competitors.

You want a breakfast near the opera house or some bullshit - splurge on a mcmuffin or two.

Perth Red

Post Whore
All you do is whinge.

The culture of rugby league is different from that of fumbleball. Fumbleball needs to self promote and pat its self on the back every 5 minutes because it's insecure and knows that no one gives a f**k about it. The nrl doesn't give a f**k about putting on a song and dance because it knows that its on field product shits all over its competitors.

You want a breakfast near the opera house or some bullshit - splurge on a mcmuffin or two.

lol, you put forward some positive constructive ideas for how the game can leverage off the biggest weekend of the year in a city that everyone recognises has got some major interest issues and this is the response you get. If you think any of the ideas are pointless, wouldn't have the desired effect or are unnecessary then debate them, not go off on some personal insult tirade and get your AFL hating beer goggles on.

So you don't think it would be a good idea to have NRL related things happening for the fans around Sydney that raises the profile of the sport, engages travelling fans coming to Sydney for the weekend and makes the whole GF weekend a much more interesting and bigger event? Fine, you only had to say that :)

ps I'm guessing AFL aren't having to give tickets away for Saturdays game? Maybe the fact we have an amazing on field product isn't enough anymore?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
lol, you put forward some positive constructive ideas for how the game can leverage off the biggest weekend of the year in a city that everyone recognises has got some major interest issues and this is the response you get. If you think any of the ideas are pointless, wouldn't have the desired effect or are unnecessary then debate them, not go off on some personal insult tirade and get your AFL hating beer goggles on.

So you don't think it would be a good idea to have NRL related things happening for the fans around Sydney that raises the profile of the sport, engages travelling fans coming to Sydney for the weekend and makes the whole GF weekend a much more interesting and bigger event? Fine, you only had to say that :)

ps I'm guessing AFL aren't having to give tickets away for Saturdays game? Maybe the fact we have an amazing on field product isn't enough anymore?
So the fan day at luna park on Wednesday isn't enough?

You'd prefer a f**king parade?

Just f**k off to the AFL for good and do the entire forum a favour. You know you want to.

Stallion

First Grade
All you do is whinge.

Agree with the comment and well put. But the "training run" is a well glorified myth however its conning neutrals as they dont see visible signs of the NRL. Totally agree its not worthy of the sports ability of rugby league but their publicity arm can sell snow to the Eskimos.

Last edited:

JamesRustle

First Grade
How many Melbourne and NQ fans are in Sydney on Thursday? (not Weds!) I'd love to have gone to it, why not do it on Saturday when fans will actually be in the city?
The afl parade used to be on a work day, attended by city workers and supporters of teams involved. Insecure state govt mandates an afl GF pub hol on the Fri for the last couple of years. I think attendance has shrunk as no merkin is in the cbd now as it's a long weekend.

Govt should have aligned it with NSW and qld on the Monday and let constituents recover from a hangover rather than give an excuse to get out of town. Plus Mon long weekends are generally preferred than Fri long weekends.

Stallion

First Grade
Wonder how the ticket sales are doing? Chanell 9 news seem to think their will be over 80000 at ANZ. Hope so!
Hope the NRL give a mention to the world cup on GF day!

carcharias

Immortal
An expert no, a regular visitor yes. f**k you like to miss the point. Its the NRL's big weekend, the city should be awash with NRL events and advertising. The game needs a big boost in the city, what better time than the GF weekend. But its ok I can go look at the opera house again.
No interest in visiting homebush but a big event at Darling Harbour on Sat night, hell yes Id be up for that. Maybe something with both teams on Sat morning outside the opera house, an history of the game exhibit at one of the museums to coincide. f**k anything NRL related would have been good.

Meanwhile tens of thousands join in the afl festivities in the heart of the city the day before their big game

So you are coming here by yourself and would love to spend a day of NRL festivities that doesn't include an actual game.
...by yourself.
Awash of nrl stuff...by yourself.

f**k you sound like a partay animal.

Pedge1971

First Grade
To be fair the nrl should and could do more about promoting the game in gf week than it sounds like it does this year.

In the past as someone said there were banners, promos in Martin Place and a general buzz (not the beetroot head jerno merkin) around town. This sounds like f**k all is on.

If they wanna go national they need to do better. It sounds like no one gives a f**k which is sad....

Pedge1971

First Grade
So you are coming here by yourself and would love to spend a day of NRL festivities that doesn't include an actual game.
...by yourself.
Awash of nrl stuff...by yourself.

f**k you sound like a partay animal.

Mate, you should be able to travel by yourself, and find great places by yourself and party with people you met by yourself in a great city.

Sydney is not that city when I was there and sadly it seems it still isnt. Perth Red divides opinions here but I dont get your point on him travelling to Syd on his own to watch a grand final?

Any other city with a big event embraces it and welcomes people........

You should've been in Cronulla last year the week before, and after, the GF. That was pretty festive. ..
The NRL could've rigged it again to get the Sharks in the GF, no problem selling it out.. haha

carcharias

Immortal
Mate, you should be able to travel by yourself, and find great places by yourself and party with people you met by yourself in a great city.

Sydney is not that city when I was there and sadly it seems it still isnt. Perth Red divides opinions here but I dont get your point on him travelling to Syd on his own to watch a grand final?

Any other city with a big event embraces it and welcomes people........

I gave him plenty of great ideas on how to spend a day in Sydney.
Not one was good enough for him.
He has seen all there is to see in Sydney.

He can come out to Shark park I guess.
Get his photo taken in front of the replica premiers trophy.
Be awash with reigning premiers fans in the locker room bar.

grobbelaar

Juniors
Being reported that up to 20,000 tickets will be given away for free to try and get to a crowd of 80k.

In the meantime, if you want to watch two teams fumbling the ball, be prepared to pay a minimum of $2,000 for a ticket (if you're lucky).