What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great win guys

ozzie

Bench
a great win - I thought you were gone with 20 minutes to go but great courage got you home. WD

Dave Q

Coach
Jennings!

Wesser!

Sammut!

An amazing performance worthy of the heritage round.

Why is it that the Panthers seem to lift a notch after a week of off-feild drama?

Somebody throw a phone at Rusty, no, make that a phone booth.

Ausguy

Coach
yeah good win for the panthers to hang in there..... but geez id like another look at the filed goal by kimmorley.... oh and how do you get 6 again when u play at the ball with your back? hampstead on fire....

but we had 6 chances to win the game and didnt... but gee hope i get to see a replay that convinces me the field goal missed cos im not convinced right now after seeing the replay on tv.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Wasn't the best looking win we've ever had, but I'll take it.

I actually thought that Noddy's FG attempt was sweet and that Mr Bean had robbed them of the game until Noddy admitted in an interview later that it had gone to the right, and Stuart had concurred on this.

Good win boys, but please, for the love of God, don't let it get to the situation where it has to go to Golden Point again!

Big Mick

Referee
oh and how do you get 6 again when u play at the ball with your back? hampstead on fire....

another Ad wizard...

If you charge a player...jump in the air and attack the kick...doesn't matter if your back is to the kicker or not...you played at the ball...it was the correct call.

lsta5838

Juniors
Good stuff boys!!

I loved Wesser break in the lead up to one of tries. Paulo was AWESOME on debut.

Sammut is going to be great for us - the try he scored to win the comp last year, the two kicks to pull the game out of the fire for us today. I hope he is a Panther for life. He is going to do a lot of special things for us in the future. I was very worried about our halfback position when Gowie left, but I think we have found a more than adequate replacement.

*Sandy*

First Grade
I agree with you on Sammut Ista. I was so happy to see him in the No.7 round 2.

Fibroman

First Grade
I was worried about Sammut's defence, but he has a big heart and seems to be prepared to put his body on the line, which is good.

murraymob

Coach
a big win by the boys considering it was thompson last game and the opening of the grandstand by the sharks .A win that will do great for the younger players in the team.

choc_soldier

Coach
I was very happy with the win. I watched it with my best mate who is a Sharks fan, and he was devastated.

But I think the Sharks lost it rather than we won it though - the Sharks had a number of opportunities to put us away towards the end (including being in field goal range with a few minutes left), but we just hung in, rode our luck and it paid dividends.

Sammut is a superstar in the making - nailing a sideline conversion into the wind to tie up the game, and then calmly potting the winner in golden point. I hope we lock him up for life, he has that x-factor about him that we have been lacking since Campbell left the club.

I too was impressed with Paolo on debut - great game!

p.s. I still hate golden point though.

Panthers_God

Juniors
It's good to see T running with a bit more effort these days.

Paulo was impressive and Sammut continues to amaze me.

Top game guys, a bit moral booster.

mightypanther

Juniors
Ausguy said:
yeah good win for the panthers to hang in there..... but geez id like another look at the filed goal by kimmorley.... oh and how do you get 6 again when u play at the ball with your back? hampstead on fire....

but we had 6 chances to win the game and didnt... but gee hope i get to see a replay that convinces me the field goal missed cos im not convinced right now after seeing the replay on tv

You must have seen enough replays by now to convince you.

I've managed to see it at least 10 times now, and it's wide every time.

Also, it was great to have the guys come down to us after the siren to thank us. They were all hugging and high fiving fans.

It was a fantastic night. And it was such a buzz to see so many fans all together cheering the boys on.

We were VERY loud and proud. Philby's boys from the Den were on fire....trumpet and all, as were the well known Penrith flaggies.

Top night. Thanks everyone.

Big Mick

Referee
i was sitting in bay 39 of the new stand....practically right behind the den....and they were loud and I was loving it...it was awesome to see.

I wanted to come introduce myself but I thought you guys would think I was a freak.

murraymob

Coach
mick please come and introduce yourself.Have a good look at the den being a freak is very normal.The den is a place where sanity dissapears Actually ask for philby he will bring you around and introduce you to everyone

Panther_Daz

Staff member
First game i've not been at all year(yes i was at THAT Brisbane nightmare). Shame i couldn't make it, but i already had Birthday plans at Panthers.

Was great watching it at the club, the roar after Sammut's field goal was amazing.

I usually sit with the guys from The Den and i recommend for you Mick to introduce yourself, great bunch of guys.

The Teach

Juniors
Had a ball with the boys from the Den last night. We were loud, we were proud, and those beach bums were completely drowned out by us LOL.

Was great of the boys to come down and hug and high five us after the game.

mightypanther

Juniors
murraymob said:
mick please come and introduce yourself.Have a good look at the den being a freak is very normal.The den is a place where sanity dissapears Actually ask for philby he will bring you around and introduce you to everyone

That's exactly what I was going to say.

Trust me, our mate Philby's motto is the more the merrier.

As long as you're a panther fan, you like to make lots of noise, and you don't mind being under the odd beer shower now and then.........if the answer is yes yes yes.....then come on down. We had a ball.

And to the new young guys that taught them all the new chant "Penrith are you ready ready.....Yes we are ready ready"........well done. It was brilliant. Watching about 50 or more of them all bouncing up and down like they were on pogo sticks shouting that chant at the top of their lungs was fantastic.

I can't wait to see them do it in 2 weeks at home against the Eels. Although it might be a little difficult to do standing in front of seats, but I'm sure the guys will find a way.:lol:

Latest posts