What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis backs Damien Cook for how he got us going

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's possible but I think Clark will be on the interchange instead.

Say our forward pack is:

props: Tom Burgess and Musgrove
hooker: Farah
second row: Sutton and Rochow
lock: Sam Burgess

interchange: Clark, Crichton, George Burgess, Cherrington

T. Burgess and Musgrove are replaced by G. Burgess and Cherrington around the 20th minute.
Rochow is replaced by Crichton around the 30th minute.
Sam Burgess is replaced by Clark around the 30th min.
Sutton is replaced by S. Burgess around the 50th min, but Sam moves to lock and Clark moves to second row
George Burgess and Cherrington are replaced by Tom Burgess and Musgrove around the 60th minute.
That leaves 1 interchange. Maybe Sutton or Rochow could come back on towards the end of the game (replacing Clark or Crichton in the second row) but all of this is assuming no one gets injured during the match.
That will not be the forward pack for round 1.

Clark will be used at prop or lock as well. I don't think he will be used at all in the second row, he's not quick enough.

Cook will be there imo.

doyen

Bench
Doyen, you overexaggerate when you talk about Madge having the players programmed. You are really just making excuses for McInnes, and I'm not buying it. Cook didn't even have to be super creative. He was just giving quick service to the forwards, which made their job easier, which then made it easier for the halves, which then made it easier for the outside backs.

Sths have been lacklustre & unimaginative for the past 2 seasons & Madge has copped a fair bit of criticism over his methods--not just from me.
It was in the media & some suggestion that the players weren't all that happy.
I believe he is at the crossroads with Sths ---he needs to come up with something different than these past 2 yrs.
Farah could be our big hope--IMO,he should play 80 mins every week,if possible!!

That,of course,means Cook[alias Zeroman]plays NSW Cup!

Rabbits20

Immortal
You didn't expect GI to say that Zeroman was a shit-kicker,did you!!! The"back end of the season" says it all.

No pressure;Sths had nothing to lose;we took some chances & achieved some success. Sths weren't the only club to unleash their players at this time & there were many upsets in the last few rounds. It's fairly typical stuff!!! The "also-ran" teams become nuisance value as they have nothing to lose! It's easier to perform when there is no pressure.
Remember we had lost 9 games in a row with McTortoise at hooker????

Cook sparked us when were being disgraced. Cook did most of the little things right which is what McTortoise COULDN'T do.

There was still pressure on the players to perform imo.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Doyen, you overexaggerate when you talk about Madge having the players programmed. You are really just making excuses for McInnes, and I'm not buying it. Cook didn't even have to be super creative. He was just giving quick service to the forwards, which made their job easier, which then made it easier for the halves, which then made it easier for the outside backs.
Correct!!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sths have been lacklustre & unimaginative for the past 2 seasons & Madge has copped a fair bit of criticism over his methods--not just from me.
It was in the media & some suggestion that the players weren't all that happy.
I believe he is at the crossroads with Sths ---he needs to come up with something different than these past 2 yrs.
Farah could be our big hope--IMO,he should play 80 mins every week,if possible!!

That,of course,means Cook[alias Zeroman]plays NSW Cup!
In 2015 we did pretty well for most of it until the back end.

Last season was just the first time we'd missed the finals under Madge.

You have to cut him slack.

He's been a great coach for us.

I'd say his winning percentage with us would be close to 60percent which is pretty good.

Travitoh

First Grade
That article should stop Diego in his tracks.

"We already had a good quality hooker but it's a reflection of how Souths are recruiting"

I'm lmao.

I'm laughing my arse off too. Damien Cook a good quality hooker? Bahahahaha

Rabbits20

Immortal
But wasn't Cook's role from the bench in those games to spark us into action with his amazing pace and ability when we needed it?
What happened?
He didn't get enough opportunity.

Madge made a mistake there and I'm sure he regrets it now.

Travitoh

First Grade
Do you notice how every club talks up the second teir and unestablished players? While the top tier at each club has very little said about them?
It's standard pre season noise to get supporters excited about the coming season. I'm not reading anything into it.

He didn't get enough opportunity.

Madge made a mistake there and I'm sure he regrets it now.

He still got opportunities though and stats don't lie.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Do you notice how every club talks up the second teir and unestablished players? While the top tier at each club has very little said about them?
It's standard pre season noise to get supporters excited about the coming season. I'm not reading anything into it.

He still got opportunities though and stats don't lie.
Stats don't tell the full picture either.

Cook is the type of hooker that gets the forwards rolling forward.

Cam was a turtle and too slow.

End of story!!!!!!!!!

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Looking forward to the end of season thread bump after cook has been found out again.

Remember "stats don't tell the whole story!"

DiegoNT

First Grade
But wasn't Cook's role from the bench in those games to spark us into action with his amazing pace and ability when we needed it?
What happened?
Ah the old 'he wasn't given enough chances line'. He started off with 50 minutes in rd1 and did nothing with it, he got 40 minutes the next week, again nothing. And so on. When he was eventually dropped people cried because he wasn't given enough chances. 'he only gets a 10 minute cameo when we are losing' was the cry. It's not enough time to show us what he had'. All bullshit of course. In the 1st ten rounds he was averaging 40 minutes a game. And that average was dragged down by the games were he was concussed early. In his 1st stint in 1st grade he came on when we were steam rolling teams, he came on in games when they were in the balance, he came on when we were being beaten badly, he even started a few games. He showed nothing. Funnily enough for a few rounds we tried keary as a bench player and he showed you can provide spark from the bench in limited game time. Then we decided not to pay keary and it went to shit.
Again cook was OK in the last few rounds, when our big 3 were all firing, but he had a shocker against the knights which went unnoticed as we won easily, and in The 1 game that as tight, he had a few bad mistakes

Rabbits20

Immortal
Just as a player makes an error or 2 it doesn't mean they had a bad game. The good old over exaggeration.

Cook overall was very good against the Knights and Storm. He got us on the front foot with his efficient service and gave us much needed direction that McTortoise couldn't.

Cook made very good contributions in our turn around back to form.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
We beat the premiers with cook playing 80. I dont remember us beating anyone good with cameron mcinnes at hooker. Maybe that's because he doesn't know how to pass a ball? Cameron McInnes actually took a lot of runs last year it's just the fact that he was ridiculously slow and took them at dumb times. He was bound to make line breaks with the amount of times he would hog the ball on the 5th tackle and dive for the try line. It's not like he's actually fast enough to make solid metres out of dummy half which cook could do. I'm excited to see the season pan out with cook on the bench I hope all you guys are too :D.

doyen

Bench
We beat the premiers with cook playing 80. I dont remember us beating anyone good with cameron mcinnes at hooker. Maybe that's because he doesn't know how to pass a ball? Cameron McInnes actually took a lot of runs last year it's just the fact that he was ridiculously slow and took them at dumb times. He was bound to make line breaks with the amount of times he would hog the ball on the 5th tackle and dive for the try line. It's not like he's actually fast enough to make solid metres out of dummy half which cook could do. I'm excited to see the season pan out with cook on the bench I hope all you guys are too :D.

Both players averaged 7.5ms approx. per run!! Cook does not make special metres,he had no line-breaks or scored any tries--hence the name Zeroman!!

Travitoh

First Grade
Kyle Turner and Jason Clark are unable to bend the line according to R20 and Shadow yet their gun runner from dummy half had less line breaks than either player, in fact he had zero. Even Neilson and Oldfield rank higher than DC. Just goes to show how deluded both are when it comes to some players. Neither has put up a decent arguement in Cooks favour apart from "he passes well from dummy half" which i think you'll find nobody is actually arguing. That is good enough to be a good state league hooker but in the NRL that is pretty standard.

I don't disagree that he was a better fit than McInnes but that just goes to show how poor our situation was at rake. Robbie Farah is an epic improvement on last years position and replacing him with DC during a match is like replacing milo with kale.

Latest posts