What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hartley' s after Lyall Gorman !!

snout

First Grade
What he did to the Titans speaks of the character of the guy.

Such a struggling club. Who wined and dined him - offered him the world plus 10 mil and let their halfback in sezer go to canberra as they knew they had him coming in and had planned around him.....ha. Karma up.

carinashark

First Grade
Lyall could have done better and he should be running the NRL . Probably won’t be long now with Beattie in there.

carinashark

First Grade
My mistake. ARL Commission.What a nice job for him, probably a bit of OS travel and fine dinning involved.

fizman

Bench
This is a very strange situation with Lyall. I have to agree with Weidler - at the Sharks, Lyall was front and centre and on top of everything - had it all covered and no issue was too big to discuss.

At Manly, he has hardly been seen and in fact, apparently didn't know much about the DCE - Hastings fallout.

I am sure I read he was in NZ last week when all of the drama was unfolding.

I am certain there may be an element of "What have I done?"

Stake Removed

First Grade
This is a very strange situation with Lyall. I have to agree with Weidler - at the Sharks, Lyall was front and centre and on top of everything - had it all covered and no issue was too big to discuss.

At Manly, he has hardly been seen and in fact, apparently didn't know much about the DCE - Hastings fallout.

I am sure I read he was in NZ last week when all of the drama was unfolding.

I am certain there may be an element of "What have I done?"

2 clubs totally different.

For us we were low hanging fruit, whwnever we had someone speak before Lyall it was foot in my mouth, Lyall came in with a reputation and i think that allowed him and club to get on front foot instead of being smashed pillow to post.

Now Manly have always taken themselsves to be untouchable, the Arko-Fulton era that they are above anyone even the Dank situation blew past them no issue, i assume they are under belief this will happen again, even salary cap issue basically slap on wrist, Manly know that Scott Penn is key and so do NRL, even Penn leaves Manly they are gone NRL foes not want that so Gorman's role is more behind the scenes, maybe he is the card they do use if it was to go all pear shaped

coolumsharkie

Referee
2 clubs totally different.

For us we were low hanging fruit, whwnever we had someone speak before Lyall it was foot in my mouth, Lyall came in with a reputation and i think that allowed him and club to get on front foot instead of being smashed pillow to post.

Now Manly have always taken themselsves to be untouchable, the Arko-Fulton era that they are above anyone even the Dank situation blew past them no issue, i assume they are under belief this will happen again, even salary cap issue basically slap on wrist, Manly know that Scott Penn is key and so do NRL, even Penn leaves Manly they are gone NRL foes not want that so Gorman's role is more behind the scenes, maybe he is the card they do use if it was to go all pear shaped

Dude, what the hell? Im lost. Pillow to post..lol

Stake Removed

First Grade
Maybe the Hastings issue not only problem, DCE dosent come over as most likeable character and the small fine he copped, just maybe more issues then we all know

Frenzy.

Immortal
Maybe the Hastings issue not only problem, DCE dosent come over as most likeable character and the small fine he copped, just maybe more issues then we all know

It’s all pointing to Hastings being the victim of Manly’s Version of the mean girls

sandshark

Bench
They're looking at giving "severe" fines to 6 players now due to their team bonding session at a strip club.
I wonder what else has been covered up..

Gorman is a snake oil salesman.
Did a job here but not as great as it's made out to be, or what he makes it out to be. Likes the limelight a tad too much.
Basically he's full of shit, a perfect match for that club he's with now.