What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hogan Joins TNA

Misanthrope

Staff member

Misanthrope

Staff member
It could be very, very good for them or very, very bad.

If they sign Scott Hall, I riot.

Big Pete

Referee
Like you said Mis, could be very hit or miss.

Bischoff is a good marketing guy, exactly what TNA needs if they use his talent. He doesn't make a bad on-screen persona either.

Hogan was the biggest icon in Professional Wrestling, if anything it gives TNA star power. The only problem is, it'd conflict with TNA's push of unestiblashed talent.

Ari Gold

Bench
Hogan and Bischoff have signed with TNA...

TNA either dies

or TNA overtakes the WWE from the momentum these signings bring. Let's not forget Kennedy and RVD are on their way as well.

:D either way thing's are interesting again

Ari Gold

Bench
TNA on Larry King live?! This is what TNA needed for mainstream exposure. Ratings will be huge this week.

The Colonel

Immortal
With all the talent they have though they'll need to start another timeslot to show them properly.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Hogan and Bischoff have signed with TNA...

TNA either dies

or TNA overtakes the WWE from the momentum these signings bring. Let's not forget Kennedy and RVD are on their way as well.

:D either way thing's are interesting again
You think TNA can take over a multi-billion dollar empire? While the stars they have signed are good, they are NOT bigger than Vince McMahon! You got these big names coming to TNA... do they compare to:

• Triple H
  • John Cena
  • Randy Orton
  • Shawn Michaels
  • The Undertaker
  • Edge
  • Jericho
  • Batista etc...
- I think if TNA can sign 3 of the above listed, THEN they will challenge WWE!

Ari Gold

Bench
You think TNA can take over a multi-billion dollar empire? While the stars they have signed are good, they are NOT bigger than Vince McMahon! You got these big names coming to TNA... do they compare to:

• Triple H
  • John Cena
  • Randy Orton
  • Shawn Michaels
  • The Undertaker
  • Edge
  • Jericho
  • Batista etc...
- I think if TNA can sign 3 of the above listed, THEN they will challenge WWE!

Hogan
Angle
AJ styles
Lashley
Mr Kennedy (On his way, part of Hogan's touring company)
RVD (On his way as well, backstage at BFG)
Sting (hasn't retired yet)

Include Matt Morgan, Samoa Joe, Nash, the Knockouts and Bischoff's genius and you have a pretty even field.

bartman

Immortal
Hogan with TNA?

jump_the_shark.jpg

Misanthrope

Staff member
With all the talent they have though they'll need to start another timeslot to show them properly.

That's what Bischoff's company is said to be involved in. It's not confirmed that Bischoff has signed on as an on air talent.

RVD (On his way as well, backstage at BFG)

People are backstage all of the time. I doubt RVD will be returning any time soon.

Triple H
John Cena
Randy Orton
Shawn Michaels
The Undertaker
Edge
Jericho
Batista etc...
- I think if TNA can sign 3 of the above listed, THEN they will challenge WWE

Or they could just wait for three of them to retire. Undertaker and Michaels are nearing the ends of their careers, Cena's movie career is following The Rock's slow exit from the business, Batista is old, and Triple H will need to take on more responsibility with Shane gone and Vince not going to be around forever.

How well WWE adjust to the next five years will rely on how well they develop talent.

The Colonel

Immortal
TNA roster is as good, if not better at this point, than the WWE roster. WWE keep re-hashing the same rivalries and don't give some of these guys a long enough push or when they do they last a week as champion and then they are jobbing to some new guy a week later.

TNA just needs to make sure thy use all their talent available. Too many all in brawls at the end of a show to get everyone on TV sometimes.....

As probably TNA's biggest fan on the forums. I don't like this signing at all personally....

Lots of guys needing a huge push ATM, and bringing in yet another veteran doesn't seem like a good at all.

As someone else suggested its definately time for TNA to get a second show going, way too much talent and two hours just isn't enough time and you can clearly see that storylines are suffering for it.

TNA's supposed to be new and cutting edge ect, ect a break from the traditional WWF's and WCW's. Bringing in Hogan unless they can come up with a mad storyline for him, just doesnt cut it for me.

Ari Gold

Bench
As probably TNA's biggest fan on the forums. I don't like this signing at all personally....

Lots of guys needing a huge push ATM, and bringing in yet another veteran doesn't seem like a good at all.

As someone else suggested its definately time for TNA to get a second show going, way too much talent and two hours just isn't enough time and you can clearly see that storylines are suffering for it.

TNA's supposed to be new and cutting edge ect, ect a break from the traditional WWF's and WCW's. Bringing in Hogan unless they can come up with a mad storyline for him, just doesnt cut it for me.

TNA is on mainstream news sites in the US tonight. It's all over Twiiter and Facebook. Some people didn't know Angle and Foley were in TNA until they read about Hogan tonight, let alone them knowing who AJ Styles is. Now that Hogan's brought in the viewers we can finally see how AJ, Joe, Beer Money and Eric Young draw.

Yes, Hogan is an asshole and possibly overrated, but TNA needed a HUGE name to get that mainstream audience and break out of the 1.5 million viewers they get each week.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I sense a Be the Booker coming along :lol:

I see a lot of discussion as to whether or not Hogan can be good for the company. How could be be used well, do you think?

Bulldog Force

Referee
Or they could just wait for three of them to retire. Undertaker and Michaels are nearing the ends of their careers, Cena's movie career is following The Rock's slow exit from the business, Batista is old, and Triple H will need to take on more responsibility with Shane gone and Vince not going to be around forever.

How well WWE adjust to the next five years will rely on how well they develop talent.
Mate how can you justify that with Hogan, Sting and JJ still wrstling at TNA?