What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How come not many commentators are talking about us??????

ouryears

Bench
Probably because history shows that the front runners whom jump out early never win the comp. The winner will come from a team whom peaks and gets on a roll at the pointy end of a long season.

Fellas quickly, throw a party because I just read this.

Quote.
'Well it does seem early season form counts for more than we may realise'

In the last 10 years, almost 6 of the top 8 teams after round five do make the finals.

Only 2 teams have won the premiership if they were outside the top 8 at round five.

Light the candles, crack the champagne!!!:banana::birthday::birthday::cake::champagne::sunglasses::sunglasses: We are home!!

Redhoopz

Juniors
Everyone is talking about the Warriors because nobody expected them to be equal first, let alone undefeated after 5 games.

As most people mentioned earlier, the Dragons have been in this position before so it's nothing new. I'd rather fly under the radar.

2010Dragons

Bench
I would prefer that the mighty Dragons fly under the radar....
Most of the players read and believe the shit the journalist write about then and then think it is just going to happen without making a strong effort.
Let the media talk about the Warriors and Tigers....I'm glad they are.
When the business end of time comes around....we will strike and destroy EVERY team like a stealth Dragon.

Given the drivel spouted by Fitler, Vautin, Johns and co I'm not surprised they don't talk about us, St George Illawarra has more than two syllables.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Fellas quickly, throw a party because I just read this.

Quote.
'Well it does seem early season form counts for more than we may realise'

In the last 10 years, almost 6 of the top 8 teams after round five do make the finals.

Only 2 teams have won the premiership if they were outside the top 8 at round five.

Light the candles, crack the champagne!!!:banana::birthday::birthday::cake::champagne::sunglasses::sunglasses: We are home!!
I'm not talking about making the top 8, I'm talking about winning the friggin comp. Early front runners tend to fade when the going gets tough. A great coach will have their team peaking when it counts.
I don't expect the Dragons to lead all year as there will be many twists and turns and I just hope this current form can be matched in August/September....then I'll crack my champagne. Don't pop your cork too early!!

Drag Queen

Bench
“NRMA. When this guy goes nuts at 3am and trashes your house and family, your gunna need insurance”

That’ll be $300 000 for that slogan, thank you.
F**king loser. Not you, but how the hell did Lodge get a second chance? Diabolical. This dickhead belongs in jail. I endorse all the booing going his way. It's a chick thing and Bennett has gone to a long time low in my opinion. Been to a funeral of a good friend and have had too many wines tonight. Over and out.

Last edited:

Drag Queen

Bench
I'm not talking about making the top 8, I'm talking about winning the friggin comp. Early front runners tend to fade when the going gets tough. A great coach will have their team peaking when it counts.
I don't expect the Dragons to lead all year as there will be many twists and turns and I just hope this current form can be matched in August/September....then I'll crack my champagne. Don't pop your cork too early!!
I learned early on not to pop my cork too early:)

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So its either;
All aboard the hype train, or let it rush on by and wait for the consistant and focused one?
Personally, I'd prefer the latter.
Whilst the hype train is great, it can lead to over-confidence and general easing of intensity.
For me, the press/media can ignore us no problem, I'd rather see our boys playing hard and determined football each week rather than resting on their laurels.

Drag Queen

Bench
So its either;
All aboard the hype train, or let it rush on by and wait for the consistant and focused one?
Personally, I'd prefer the latter.
Whilst the hype train is great, it can lead to over-confidence and general easing of intensity.
For me, the press/media can ignore us no problem, I'd rather see our boys playing hard and determined football each week rather than resting on their laurels.
Mate you just answered your own question.

ouryears

Bench
I know mate, sorry, it wasn't meant for anyone, I just added it under yours, my apologies, I know you have a realistic expectation.

I look at a lot of league programs BUT only 1 or 2 commentators are talking about us. THEY would rather be talking about Warriers. the scum, storm or wests BUT not us. AND WE are 1st. Its as if everybody waiting us to fail before anyone talks about us.

I am happy that no-one is talking about us, and I want it to stay that way.

Gareth67

First Grade
Too many early birds at this time of the season wanting to celebrate , what about ?
Sure great to be equal leaders but by jeezes , there's another 5 long months to go and this competition will go all the way down to the wire . S.O.O will certainly knock us about , especially if Dil Rothchild's selections are correct .

Then there shall be injuries and the biggest boogie of all , our Mary may (?) fall back to his old habits of losing the coaches handbook , Lord forbid . Still if we can win a couple of more games before the S.O.O. then at least we will then have an excellent chance of cementing ourselves a semi final berth .

Alec's-saints

Juniors
Too many early birds at this time of the season wanting to celebrate , what about ?
Sure great to be equal leaders but by jeezes , there's another 5 long months to go and this competition will go all the way down to the wire . S.O.O will certainly knock us about , especially if Dil Rothchild's selections are correct .

Then there shall be injuries and the biggest boogie of all , our Mary may (?) fall back to his old habits of losing the coaches handbook , Lord forbid . Still if we can win a couple of more games before the S.O.O. then at least we will then have an excellent chance of cementing ourselves a semi final berth .
7 more wins to cement a spot in the 8. easy

dino1

Juniors
I would prefer that the mighty Dragons fly under the radar....
Most of the players read and believe the shit the journalist write about then and then think it is just going to happen without making a strong effort.
Let the media talk about the Warriors and Tigers....I'm glad they are.
When the business end of time comes around....we will strike and destroy EVERY team like a stealth Dragon.

i like that the stealth dragons LOL

Sheridan Stand

Juniors

I think the 8 is a given now or it will be curtains for Mary.

Big concern is injuries - losing one of our big stars as we have no real experienced options to backfill. Then we all know that Mary will come out and blame an injury. The Board will agree and renew him and increase their own director fees as Mary didn’t have the team he wanted - Groundhog Day.

Drag Queen

Bench
I think the 8 is a given now or it will be curtains for Mary.

Big concern is injuries - losing one of our big stars as we have no real experienced options to backfill. Then we all know that Mary will come out and blame an injury. The Board will agree and renew him and increase their own director fees as Mary didn’t have the team he wanted - Groundhog Day.
We have Kurt Mann who can play just about any position in the backs. We have some good forwards in ISP. Not too worried tbh.

Latest posts