What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How far gone will the season be....

jc155776

Coach
Before the Holmes at 1 experiment ends?

Our game plan has not changed since 2016 where we had a fullback who could pass and read the play at 1.

We either change the style of play to one with a power running fullback or out a ball player back there.

You can’t have the team playing a Barba style fullback game plan with Holmes there.

Otherwise it’s gonna be another mid table finish with a whimper out in maybe week 2 ofnfinals at best.

Eion

First Grade
With Katoa out, may provide flan o with the excuse to try something else.

The halves worry me too. With moyza to fullback, maybe hodko at 7 and chad at 5/8 with moyza linking in.

It is only round 1 so flanno will likely push on for a while, but worrying signs, Val is getting worse if anything.

Stake Removed

First Grade
How out of position was Holmes on the bombs as well tonight, compare that to Hampton who looked safe

Eion

First Grade
Hampton didn’t have to take a hard kick...refer halves shit kicking game

Card Shark

Immortal
How out of position was Holmes on the bombs as well tonight, compare that to Hampton who looked safe

Don’t know if anyone in here was at the game (maybe JC) but Fittler said it was very windy...but it was hard to tell on TV?

Holmes misjudged the kicks because he didn’t allow for the wind. Hampton didn’t have to worry because we rarely were in a position in the 2nd half to hoist it up.

Cowboys used the wind to their advantage in both halves..we didn’t use it at all.

shaggs

Coach
A full time fullback was outplayed in the fullback position by a professional utility??

txta2

Bench
Probably won't change all year..but will someone stand up to the coach and tell him a fullback needs to , a. Distribute the ball and b. Organise the defensive line. Because that was not happening last night. Dugan and Katoa did not see the ball all game and the on line defence was the softest it's been in years

Stake Removed

First Grade
Probably won't change all year..but will someone stand up to the coach and tell him a fullback needs to , a. Distribute the ball and b. Organise the defensive line. Because that was not happening last night. Dugan and Katoa did not see the ball all game and the on line defence was the softest it's been in years

If Holmes plays fullback all season and we miss the finals, Flanno may fall on his sword

Frenzy.

Immortal
Please what?

Holmes aside, our kicking game was ordinary compared to theirs.

Only facet that was better (much better in fact) was the goal kicking & that’s what kept the score respectable.

Holmes misjudged the kicks because he didn’t allow for the wind.

He’s supposed to be an NRL standard fullback. Hahahaha

Defending TTG and Paris back in the day was funny but occasionally valid.

Defending Felix is sinful.

It’s not just last night FFS. He has not had an NRL standard game as fullback ever.

Did the wind make him dog going for the ball when Cooper scored? Did the wind blow him out of position in defence? Did the wind make him chicken out of diving on loose balls. Did the wind make him dawdle across in defence so he could avoid contact.

Evil wind. Poor Felix

shaggs

Coach
He runs hard with the ball but dogs it in defence.

I can take the odd time of getting beaten by a swirling kick, but f**k me, he wasn’t in position once. High kocks, low kicks line breaks. Nothing.
Clearly him and billy just spoke about being Queenslanders and not positional play.

The best fullbacks anticipate the ball and attack it. Both in attack and defence. For 80 minutes. Holmes attacks the ball when he runs from dummy half or first off the ruck. That’s it.

If Holmes fixed his terrible performances in defence, both positionally and in effort, then I can almost live with the lack of ball skills.

There is nothing I hate more than an apparent lack of effort by a footballer. I don’t care about losing if everyone busts their arse.

For all of dugans ‘injuries’ and bumps none have ever been from digging it. Plays hard every play

zmt

Juniors
Poor duges and moylan... having to watch him at fullback with front row seats. Im sure they were cringing

Card Shark

Immortal
He’s supposed to be an NRL standard fullback. Hahahaha

Defending TTG and Paris back in the day was funny but occasionally valid.

Defending Felix is sinful.

It’s not just last night FFS. He has not had an NRL standard game as fullback ever.

Did the wind make him dog going for the ball when Cooper scored? Did the wind blow him out of position in defence? Did the wind make him chicken out of diving on loose balls. Did the wind make him dawdle across in defence so he could avoid contact.

Evil wind. Poor Felix

I am not excusing Holmes performance at all, no one on here is.

It was inept.

He wasn’t the only back that played below acceptable level...I’d say they all did.

Frenzy.

Immortal
He runs hard with the ball but dogs it in defence.

I can take the odd time of getting beaten by a swirling kick, but f**k me, he wasn’t in position once. High kocks, low kicks line breaks. Nothing.
Clearly him and billy just spoke about being Queenslanders and not positional play.

The best fullbacks anticipate the ball and attack it. Both in attack and defence. For 80 minutes. Holmes attacks the ball when he runs from dummy half or first off the ruck. That’s it.

If Holmes fixed his terrible performances in defence, both positionally and in effort, then I can almost live with the lack of ball skills.

There is nothing I hate more than an apparent lack of effort by a footballer. I don’t care about losing if everyone busts their arse.

For all of dugans ‘injuries’ and bumps none have ever been from digging it. Plays hard every play

YES, YES, YES!!!

Should be able to multi like these posts