What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Much Damage has Hunt done to this Club

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
He probably told them they are shit because they are. If some of these forwards had basic ball skills, we would have scored more tries. M Molo against the Phins and Mariana the other day.
Yep your probably right, as captain as I said in my comments they deserved a rev but imo it wasn't appropriate that he tells the press etc that I told them so but they thought obviously it didnt matter.....shows weakness on his part to share it about our players and the NRL in general

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Ben's comments to me indicate that he has lost the respect of the players more than anything as he stop respecting them since his public cries to leave them.

If I was Flanno I would replace the capt as Benny clearly does not want it. If he did he sure as hell does not show it.

I agre with this.

However, who replaces him as captain and holds the respect of the playing group?

Cake seems to be being groomed as, but I think he's more a club captain than a gameday captain IMO

So, who else?
Lomax
Bird
Sua
Lids
KFlan
RFT
JDB

Dragon David

First Grade
I agre with this.

However, who replaces him as captain and holds the respect of the playing group?

Cake seems to be being groomed as, but I think he's more a club captain than a gameday captain IMO

So, who else?
Lomax
Bird
Sua
Lids
KFlan
RFT
JDB
I guess we need someone who has the respect of the players and the referees and a guy who will be able to remain on the field for the 80 minutes and be wise as anything with a good footy brain. No use being one or two things if your brain is shit.

TruSaint

Referee
A leader with any self-awareness would be embarrassed to publicly declare that their followers don't listen to them.

Not our Ben though.

This !

People's memories are short. When he wanted out of our Club, those noises were not rumours. He said so himself. Mid season. Not once.

The argument ( and i get it ) , is that we have no one to replace him. True, however what is the opportunity cost of keeping him a.) at the Club and b.) As Captain ?

I posted elsewhere on this platform that should we go on a poor run of games, the rumors will surface again. He doesn't want to be here. End of.

Poor Flanno. Inherited a bog average team, with a Captain that has on record, asked to be released. That formula is untenable in my view.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
This !

People's memories are short. When he wanted out of our Club, those noises were not rumours. He said so himself. Mid season. Not once.

The argument ( and i get it ) , is that we have no one to replace him. True, however what is the opportunity cost of keeping him a.) at the Club and b.) As Captain ?

I posted elsewhere on this platform that should we go on a poor run of games, the rumors will surface again. He doesn't want to be here. End of.

Poor Flanno. Inherited a bog average team, with a Captain that has on record, asked to be released. That formula is untenable in my view.
Bud to be honest Hunts comments re Lomax wanting out and his latest post match statement that the players wernt listening to him or similar tells me hes laying himself a path to justify himself leaving.....just my opinion but I bet you I'm not far off the money....let's wait and see shall we

offiah

Juniors
Surely a leader would self-reflect and change the approach if isn’t working.then would also shoulder some of the fault and talk about how to change tact next time. Not our Benny though, just puts the blame on them and says they didn’t listen.
Wasn’t he meant to be taking leadership classes? Maybe they’re not up to those lessons yet.

blue bags

First Grade
Media reports of Ben's. Bird's
Defensive side on the ground has leaked 13 tries
Where the middle. And other side has leaked very few tries. Other coaches are targeting their defence side.
Old legs need help with younger players
? 🥺

This Year?

Immortal
Ben Hunt has lost more games than Luke Brooks.
Yes that's right, Luke Brooks.
The bloke that used to play for the back to back wooden spooners who haven't played finals in like a decade.
Ben Hunt has lost more games than him.

Illusion

Bench
Ben's comments to me indicate that he has lost the respect of the players more than anything as he stop respecting them since his public cries to leave them.

If I was Flanno I would replace the capt as Benny clearly does not want it. If he did he sure as hell does not show it.
That should have been done the moment he wanted out ........ That ones on Flanno ........ And everyone needs to stop crawling up his backside ........ Commentators on Fox go on about how great Hunt and Latrell are , but rarely say a thing when they do something not good , never say nothing about Hunt over the past 6 how he can't close out a game , they should have let him walk ......

maestro1

Bench
Ben Hunt has lost more games than Luke Brooks.
Yes that's right, Luke Brooks.
The bloke that used to play for the back to back wooden spooners who haven't played finals in like a decade.
Ben Hunt has lost more games than him.
Ben Hunt has played over 300 games. That is why he has lost more games. You'll probably find that the more accurate measure would be percentage loss. I think Brooks would have lost more games as a percentage played.

TruSaint

Referee
Ben Hunt has played over 300 games. That is why he has lost more games. You'll probably find that the more accurate measure would be percentage loss. I think Brooks would have lost more games as a percentage played.

True and works both ways. Out of the 300 was some 180 odd with a decent Brisbane side. Brooks has been with the perennial cellar dwellers for a decade.