What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to know whats going on

Rsag85

Bench
What the F is going on!!!!
Its time Richo and Madge came clean on the fiasko that is our team.
We dont buy players ...why?
If we dont have cap why? You cant say our team are world beaters.
Why are we holding onto players past it eg tyrell,there is no other team that would have him in first grade why isnt musgrove in his place. Sutton is past it tap him on the shoulder corey parker was playing good footy and he was tapped. We are the leagues nursing home stewart grant etc etc avau out carter out where is their money gone?
Rusty where are you? Why are you not doing anything about this mismanagement. Why was mark hughes who recuited decent players booted?
There are answers we deserve to know...i need and want to know...im bleeding and i dont like it...how the hell are other teams affording high quality and we buy u20s maybes.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

themacemaceman

Juniors
Not sure if this had been posted elsewhere....

Rabbitohs Find Silver Lining In Their Season Of Woe
Brent Read, Senior Sports Writer, The Australian

Tue 15th August, 10:24AM
1502757204690.jpg;pv7b9e73af1a78f391

theaustrailan.com.au last Thursday before our win over the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.

South Sydney may not have had the season many expected, they may not finish in the top eight, they may not play finals football, they may yet lose to Canterbury tonight*, but there has been a silver lining among the dark clouds.

“Last year we set out to bring young players through and to the club,” Rabbitohs head of football Shane Richardson said.

“It is part of our recruitment policy to bring those young kids through. You’re going to have your ups and downs ... but they give you real hope because they want to be here and they have the interests of the team at heart.

“Last year we finished 10th with the (North Sydney) Bears in the NSW Cup and 16th in the NYC (under 20s), and we had 85 players on our books.

“This year we have 55 players, we’re currently fifth with the Bears and we’re on the verge of the top eight in the NYC. In fact, we’re probably the form team in the NYC over the last five weeks. So there is a lot of hope.”

Souths fans will point to the emergence of Angus Crichton as a back-row force and the promise of teenagers Cameron Murray and Campbell Graham, both of whom will play against the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium tonight.

Richardson throws in more teenagers yet to appear in first grade but with the potential to debut before the season is out, most notably Adam Doueihi and Sam Johnstone.

He also points to Braidon Burns and Zane Musgrove, players who have taken their game up a notch this season despite the club struggling to make an impression on the premiership.

“I think the important thing is we recognised the challenge last year and we have recruited youth, and they’re going to grow into quality players,” Richardson said.

“We did the same with Dylan Walker and Alex Johnston leading to the grand final (in 2014). We’re doing the same now with Campbell Graham, Cameron Murray, (Tyrell) Fuimaono, Braidon Burns.

“They have had their ups and downs but they will be so much better for it next year. It’s not always easy but we have a plan going forward.

“We have made sure our recruitment policy has been about recruiting quality people. We have a squad that is very, very tight. There is a stability in the club.

“Then we have all these young kids coming through who are ripping and tearing for their places in the side. No one wants to be out of the (top) eight but we have a plan for the next two or three years to take us where we want to be.”

Murray and Graham are the shining lights of that plan. Both have represented their state at underage level, Graham showing how equipped he is to handle the big stage when he made his debut in the win over St George Illawarra last week.

The 18-year-old is still studying for his HSC but his rugby league education has taken a giant leap forward over the past fortnight.

“He is a great kid,” Richardson said.

“He is a really good athlete, not just at rugby league. He comes through with a whole crop of people who have come through successfully.”

Little wonder Richardson is quick to dismiss the sense of gloom which has enveloped the club at times this year. The emergence of young stars has given hope to officials and supporters alike.

If that isn’t enough, South Sydney fans can take solace in the return and recruitment of a couple of other blokes who will add class and experience to their backline next season.

“There are a whole heap of young players who are coming through who are going to be outstanding players,” he said.

“I think the silver lining is that we invested in a policy to go forward on and those fruits have been clear for everybody to see.

“That’s the only way forward — to invest in youth and keep them coming through. Coupled with that there is a silver lining called Greg Inglis and Dane Gagai.

“That’s not a bad silver lining.”

*This article was written by Brent Read of The Australian before our Round 23 win over Canterbury.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
What the F is going on!!!!
Its time Richo and Madge came clean on the fiasko that is our team.
We dont buy players ...why?
If we dont have cap why? You cant say our team are world beaters.
Why are we holding onto players past it eg tyrell,there is no other team that would have him in first grade why isnt musgrove in his place. Sutton is past it tap him on the shoulder corey parker was playing good footy and he was tapped. We are the leagues nursing home stewart grant etc etc avau out carter out where is their money gone?
Rusty where are you? Why are you not doing anything about this mismanagement. Why was mark hughes who recuited decent players booted?
There are answers we deserve to know...i need and want to know...im bleeding and i dont like it...how the hell are other teams affording high quality and we buy u20s maybes.

I LOVE YOUR WORK HANDY;)YOU SOUND A BIT LIKE SHADOW LOL...Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
we need a far better centre than hunt . He is a weak link in souths back line...bring back dylan walker hunt is ordinary at best he will never be an international rep player impossible .

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
if anyone rates hunt better than gray he then knows nothing about footy gagai is a trillion x better than hunt chalk vs cheese . Souths need a far far better centre combo for gagai its a disgrace putting hunt with gagai as our 3/4 combo .....Shadow....

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
we lose so much by pairing hunt with gagai its a shame bring back dwalkzzzzzzzzzz...Shadow...at least dylan can score tries does hunt score as many tries as dylan NO FUGGING WAY WHATS THAT TELL YOU?...

themacemaceman

Juniors
we lose so much by pairing hunt with gagai its a shame bring back dwalkzzzzzzzzzz...Shadow...at least dylan can score tries does hunt score as many tries as dylan NO FUGGING WAY WHATS THAT TELL YOU?...
Would be great to have D Walkz back but I don't think that's going to happen.
Maybe Burns is the answer. Maybe not right now but after a bit more development maybe a full off season in the centres.
Where's he playing for the bears?
After all he was a centre in NYC

Rabbits20

Immortal
Would be great to have D Walkz back but I don't think that's going to happen.
Maybe Burns is the answer. Maybe not right now but after a bit more development maybe a full off season in the centres.
Where's he playing for the bears?
After all he was a centre in NYC
Burns currently has a knee injury...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
TMMM...burns and jennings are nsw cup standard players they would need 3-4 years straight in 1st grade to be even a quarter of the player that dylan walker is today, mate i reckon they are both mediocre unlike fui and crichton you either got it or you aint i suggest they dont have it ....id like to see fui in the centres not hunt not jennings not burns....hunt will never be a very very good player he would not reach the heights of dylan walker in a trillion life times i know r20 can see that...mate i dont rate him we need dwalkz to partner gagai . SOUTHS PROBLEM IS WE GOT FAR TO MANY MEDIOCRE PLAYERS IN OUR 32 MAN SQUAD TODAY . id even prefer api koroisau in the centres than hunt at least api has a side step in him and makes far far far more line breaks than hunt . I wish goodwin stayed and hunt went to england r20 knows i am correctafuggingmundo...Shadow...