What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was injured too

JJ

Immortal
This moment will be talked about for generations.

I'd like to share my story.

I don't want to sound like a sob story but I did it pretty early this morning, I just finished taking a twelve pound shit and stubbed my toe as I went to wash my hands.. not only did my arse hurt my toe was throbbing something fierce.
very moving, did the shit look like Josh Reynolds?

bottle

Coach
This thread got better as it progressed.
Meanwhile, in other news, Reynolds is a turd.

butchmcdick

Immortal
not clear which finger, he might only type with 2

I only have one finger which is broken and one arm which is also broken

To type this message I have to smash my head repeatedly into the keyboard and hope my nose hits the right keys

Jgdrybcdtjm motherf**kers

Usain Bolt

Bench
My beer spilled on my keyboard lastnight but I continued to post! I wasn't going to stop posting on GF day

TeamSatan

Juniors
I have a roid the size of a pineapple thats bleeding.
At work now...expecting my best in factory medal in the morning.

Ulysseus

Bench
I jacked off whilst watching the golden girls.
took a bit, but i got there.
where the f**k are my cudos?

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Toughness and grubbiness are not mutually exclusive. See. James Graham and Sam Burgess.

I can't believe that as a Parra fan I am going to defend a Dogs player but this is the best post in the thread.

For all the others who just want to put the boot in because they don't like Reynolds, it is much harder to play Rugby League with a busted shoulder than something wrong with your face. Sure, there is the fear factor to overcome with facial injuries (so lucky big Sam is a dumb forward) but you don't need to do anything physical with your head during the game. You use your shoulder ALL THE TIME.

And the only thing that you actually do use your head for - packing into the front row - Sam complained about!!! Mate, if you don't want your head to cop a knock in the game then don't pack in the FRONT ROW OF A RUGBY LEAGUE SCRUM you complete f**king imbecile!!

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I can't believe I'm going to defend a Souths player...but the sort of rubbish Tim 'Tim, who the f**k is Tim' Browne was dishing out in the scrum wasn't your typical kind of behaviour. It was grubby shit.

And anyone who says you don't need to do anything physical with your head in league...it's understandable you've formed that view having obviously never played the game. You don't run on your head, but you sure as shit make contact with it every time given it's next to your shoulder, it hits the ground when you're tackled etc.

JJ

Immortal
I can't believe that as a Parra fan I am going to defend a Dogs player but this is the best post in the thread.

For all the others who just want to put the boot in because they don't like Reynolds, it is much harder to play Rugby League with a busted shoulder than something wrong with your face. Sure, there is the fear factor to overcome with facial injuries (so lucky big Sam is a dumb forward) but you don't need to do anything physical with your head during the game. You use your shoulder ALL THE TIME.

And the only thing that you actually do use your head for - packing into the front row - Sam complained about!!! Mate, if you don't want your head to cop a knock in the game then don't pack in the FRONT ROW OF A RUGBY LEAGUE SCRUM you complete f**king imbecile!!

Are you serious?

First, did you miss James Graham? Or Nate Myles - intentionally or accidentally your head is always in the firing line... and Tim Browne's shit was just disgraceful that wasn't packing into a scrum, that was a deliberate attempt to initiate contact (head butt, anyone?) - in fact despite their endless grubby shit, the Bulldogs pack were brutalised

And poor Reynolds should didn't stop him from trying to remove Korosau's head from his shoulders - tbh I don't know which shoulder it was (and don't care), but it if was that bad he wouldn't have launched himself like that

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
JJ, sometimes I think you're a second account of mine, where I post during mind blanks I suffer periodically through the day. Almost always share my views on everything - which makes you a fine judge.

Play on.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Ahh, the old "you must have never played the game" argument.

f**k off mate. Or read my post properly. I said that you "don't NEED to do anything physical with your head" and that's true. Any head contact is INCIDENTAL and not part of what you are trying to do. I'm not denigrating Burgess' courage here, because he's obviously going to get bumped a few times, but as anyone who HAS played the game will know, adrenaline can help you get through extremely bad injuries.

But with your shoulder, you NEED to use it all the time. To tackle, to break tackles, to pass the ball, to catch the ball etc. It's not so simple to ignore the pain, because you are forced to use it all the time.

So regardless of what people think of Reynolds, just to stay out there was impressive. The vitriol in this thread has nothing to do with sensibly talking about Reynolds courage, and all to do with the fact that people just don't like him.

Oh, and regardless of whether the Dogs were being grubby in the scrum, what did Burgess think was going to happen? Seriously, if you have a fractured cheekbone, and you pack into the front row, don't whinge about what happens in there. It's the FRONT ROW of a Rugby League Scrum!! It's f**king common sense: fractured cheekbone, pack in the second row.

The LU method: journalist asks player a question, player answers, LU bags the shit out of the player on whatever tenuous grounds they can come up with.

I feel sick for agreeing with a merge fan but yeah......... Not as if he he called a presser or anything just answered a journo.