What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If Cronk joins the Roosters, the 2018 competition is over before it starts

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Now I know plenty are in the 2/10 would not bang category here but it has all come up Milhouse for this bastard.

Flood pants!!!

images

As an aside, my wife is endlessly confused at the saying 'coming up Milhouse'.

I've got the kids saying it.

Coming up Milhouse.

I've got to stop the kids saying that....

Maximus

Coach
The roosters wanted to keep Pearce to learn under Cronk but he chose to leave. Tbh Pearce needed a fresh start. The roosters fell 1 game short every year and pearce, along with a few forwards, were to blame.

As mentioned earlier, the roosters, storm and broncos have started slow while the dragons, warriors and tigers have put all their cards on the table early and have come out flying. I can 100% guarentee you these teams won't be on top come semi final time.

Do people seriously think Clearly, Kearney and McGregor are out couching Robinson, Bennet and Bellamy? The smart teams and smart coaches hide their aces up their sleeve until later in the season.

So Bellamy isn't smart anymore after last night?

Oh and lol at suggesting Robinson is significantly better than Cleary.

The Roosters win over Manly showed that, despite the vicious targeting of Cooper Cronk and Luke Keary, the team is gradually getting its mojo back. The Roosters game against Warriors in Auckland next weekend, with Cronk and Keary up against Shaun Johnson and Blake Green, should be a beauty.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
The Roosters win over Manly showed that, despite the vicious targeting of Cooper Cronk and Luke Keary, the team is gradually getting its mojo back. The Roosters game against Warriors in Auckland next weekend, with Cronk and Keary up against Shaun Johnson and Blake Green, should be a beauty.
Vicious targetting?

Were you watching this game through a bottle of the gayest French champagne?

Meapro Ham

Juniors
worst buy of the year, Tedesco or Cronk?

At the moment Cronk. Tedesco is showing some promising signs but Cronk is coming up with nothing.

The excuse is still “building combinations” but it’s starting to look more and more like just a bad fit.

Cockosh

Juniors
I’m as frustrated as the next roosters fan but just to put things into perspective we aren’t much worse than recent seasons and we can only improve (hopefully)

2013 - 7 wins / 2 losses
2014 - 5 wins / 4 losses
2015 - 4 wins / 5 losses
2017 - 6 wins / 3 losses
2018 - 5 wins / 4 losses

Choppy182

Juniors
Photo finish.

Tedesco is a long way behind the better fullbacks atm.

Tedesco has the most kick return meters and second in player support according to NRL.com. He's been as good as he can be, Cronk is the issue IMO with only 1 try assist in 9 rounds of footy.

Chook Norris

First Grade
I'm at a loss to accurately describe just how bad this season is going.

I think it's a case of:
1) The robotic structures simply not working. No one's out there playing what's in front of them. It's all premeditated rubbish.

2) Expectations getting to the team who thought through the preseason that the wins would automatically happen.

Point 1 can't be stressed enough which is due to Robbo's coaching which gets a massive fail grade at the moment. God, we look like we suck balls. Boring and predictable.

gregstar

Referee
I'm at a loss to accurately describe just how bad this season is going.

I think it's a case of:
1) The robotic structures simply not working. No one's out there playing what's in front of them. It's all premeditated rubbish.

2) Expectations getting to the team who thought through the preseason that the wins would automatically happen.

Point 1 can't be stressed enough which is due to Robbo's coaching which gets a massive fail grade at the moment. God, we look like we suck balls. Boring and predictable.
That’s the problem with Cronk. He is a robotic half. Perfect for Bellamy. Perfect for the maroons. In those sides he was surrounded by attacking talent making his job fairly straight forward.

Chook Norris

First Grade
That’s the problem with Cronk. He is a robotic half. Perfect for Bellamy. Perfect for the maroons. In those sides he was surrounded by attacking talent making his job fairly straight forward.

Pearce is pretty damn similar though but one thing he has on his side compared to Cronk is age, speed and a willingness to hit the line and draw and pass.

Having said that, I'm hesitant to blame Cronk for our woes. Our problem seems to be structural. Gould mentioned yesterday that we stand way too deep and set up for a second-man play too much .