What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Immortal Eels

Gronk

Staff member
Had one of the best cut-out passes I've ever seen.

Light on his feet, long kicking game, as you said great pass.

Solid in defence too, he would stop a try as well as score a few.

I think the two freakish things I ever saw him do was that try vs St George when he left their team grabbing air. Also there was a game just before half time, IIRC we got a penalty around the halfway line next to the 10m line. He tapped the ball and kicked a 45m field goal. What the f**k.

Gronk

Staff member
I still dont believe his 2009 will ever be matched .... NEVER EVER!
Agreed. It would be like Kaylan Ponga next week single handedly scoring or assisting 4 tries a match and dragging his team on a 12 week winning streak and taking it all the way to the GF.

I think the two freakish things I ever saw him do was that try vs St George when he left their team grabbing air. Also there was a game just before half time, IIRC we got a penalty around the halfway line next to the 10m line. He tapped the ball and kicked a 45m field goal. What the f**k.

The field goal was against Brisbane. The penalty was actually in our 20. He took a long kick for touch, ran up , took the tap, kicked the field goal from 45 out out wide, half time siren went, and that was the difference at the end of the game

Kornstar

Coach
Agreed. It would be like Kaylan Ponga next week single handedly scoring or assisting 4 tries a match and dragging his team on a 12 week winning streak and taking it all the way to the GF.

And only losing by the opposite team cheating.......

IFR33K

Coach
I started watching footy in the 70’s and have never seen a better player than Hayne.

Sad to see the merkin has lost it. I can’t see the desire in him no more.

I truely wonder if he regrets going on his nfl adventure all those years ago.

He left the game at 25/26, with multiple dally m’s including POTY. Game has left him well and truely behind. Could of gone down as an immortal had he held his form in 15-18.

strider

Post Whore
Sad to see the merkin has lost it. I can’t see the desire in him no more.

I truely wonder if he regrets going on his nfl adventure all those years ago.

He left the game at 25/26, with multiple dally m’s including POTY. Game has left him well and truely behind. Could of gone down as an immortal had he held his form in 15-18.
I doubt he would regret it ... it was a pretty amazing thing to crack the nfl ... perhaps he still would have dropped off in the nrl anyway - he seemed to have lost the nrl desire when he left

forward pass

Coach

I recall another game - I think it was against the Roosters where he attempted a field goal from well over half way. It went wide but had the distance.

IFR33K

Coach
I doubt he would regret it ... it was a pretty amazing thing to crack the nfl ... perhaps he still would have dropped off in the nrl anyway - he seemed to have lost the nrl desire when he left

There’ll be a day where he’ll reminisce what could of been...

Eelogical

Referee
1981PaulTaylor.jpg

Eelementary

Post Whore

I remember that field goal - it blew my mind, too, but others here thought it was no big deal...

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I recall another game - I think it was against the Roosters where he attempted a field goal from well over half way. It went wide but had the distance.

I think it was against the dragons. It went about 5m left of the posts but he was standing about 5m to the left of the posts