What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Greg Inglis the new Reggie Bush?

Bunnylife

Juniors
How much does he really have left in the Tank?

I was thinking last season would be the year he wins his first Dally M, It didn't happen. I thought it must be this year, that won't happen. And it's all because he is always hampered by injury in one way or another and likes to limit his involvements to repose, maintain and recover.

He has been managing constant hip and knee injuries since he packed on the weight going to Souths in 2011 so that is a good four or five seasons now so between over-use and the aging process that's when things could really decline for him.

I think myself posing this question isn't so much in a present tense but possibly what is to come for the not too distant future, His body is really starting to show it's wears now.

There is no doubts he has been exceptional for all his career so far though I'm really not confident he has a lot of time on his side (Next year could be it before possibly extended time on sideline and/or declining form arises)

He may very well bounce back from this and be the world beater that everyone knows him for but in my personal opinion, It doesn't look too sunny.

Danish

Referee
Inglis is just playing like a man who has already checked out of his current job. A move overseas or a code swap seem inevitable.

He won his premiership, and is now just coasting.

A similar thing happened to SBW in 2014, although he is a bit more of a professional so his form slump wasn't so pronounced. It affects all mercenary players

yobbo84

First Grade
Inglis is just playing like a man who has already checked out of his current job. A move overseas or a code swap seem inevitable.

A similar thing happened to SBW in 2014, although he is a bit more of a professional so his form slump wasn't so pronounced. It affects all mercenary players

A legitimate premiership was the last thing he had to achieve in the game. I can't blame him for taking his foot off the gas, as long as it goes back on for the last 8 weeks of the year.

bottle

Coach
I know we all hate Slater, and with good reason, but he never ever dogs it and is a truly gifted player. He reminds me of Fulton in that he is a superb Rugby League player but is a grub of mammoth proportions.
Imagine this - Slater's heart and ability in Inglis' body. That would be something to see.

I know we all hate Slater, and with good reason, but he never ever dogs it and is a truly gifted player. He reminds me of Fulton in that he is a superb Rugby League player but is a grub of mammoth proportions.
Imagine this - Slater's heart and ability in Inglis' body. That would be something to see.
I'd say Slater's more likeable then Inglis, and Slater's heart in Slater's body is already something to see, he's the definitely the best FB I've ever seen.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

agree..

he's so lazy he doesn't even try and catch balls at training anymore..

233780-greg-inglis.jpg

gi.. the man who single handedly removed the shoulder charge from the game..

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
yeah, but he made dean plodder young famous, so i guess there's that as well

lol that hit was gold, deano's still seeing stars.

no name

Coach
I'd say it's more Reggie Bush is the old Greg Inglis.
But I don't know who Reggie Bush is and why he is being compared to Inglis.

some11

Referee
Hasn't been as consistently dangerous since he decided to start barging people instead of going around them.

Warrior@Heart

Juniors
I remember an interview he had a few years ago and he said that he would probably retire if the bunnies won a premiership so I think a code switch to France may be something that happens sooner rather than later.

redvscotty

First Grade
Isn't Reggie Bush's face on Dugan's thigh?

Still couldn't tell you what he does. Assume he's a sporting dude, guessing some kind of seppo.

Either way, Inglis is a fat lazy turd, who turns up when he wants to. Don't get me wrong, when he's on he is f**king ON but he won't go down as a legend of the game.

In terms of remembrance after retirement... think 'Scott Prince but played Origin out of position'.

Last edited: