What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Josh Dugan injury prone?

2010Dragons

Bench
The Duges is not injury prone. He has a serious disease call Steve Matai syndrome. (Bit of attention seeking)

As soon as he is man handled or hit hard he goes down like a sack of shit.

But to his credit he seems to get up and play on unless Packer has given him a wacker.

Crush

Coach
I was revealed in another thread that the Dragons to have access to TPA sponsorship and currently have players with TPAs.

So this begs the question, why did not we meet Dugan's and Packer's demands by using TPAs?

We really did not have to let them go after all.
Is dugan injury prone?
Possm: why didn't we meet dugans demands by using TPAs?
Huh???

OLD FART DRAGON

Juniors
The most injury prone saints player in a long time ,every time he is tackled ,he may be injured,made of porceleon, very little value over a season,sharks are welcome to him,

Firstly the facts.

Between Dugans debut, round 4 2009, and 2014 he played 87 of 131 games and missed 44 games due to injury.
So that's 66.4% of games played and 33.6% missed through injury. So essentially in the first 5 years of his career, mostly at Canberra, he missed an average of 9 games a year due to injury.
Since then, in 2015 he only missed 2 games, in 2016 he missed 6 games and thus far this year he will have missed 2.

That is a lot of games missed due to injury, I am sure we can all agree on that at least.

The question is I guess what is the definition of an "injury prone" player?
Is it a player that has re-occurring injuries like a hamstring or back injury that constantly plays up or is it just a player that misses games due to injuries regardless of the nature of the injury? I am of the opinion that the latter true.

Dugan has had an array of various injuries and I think most of them come from heavy contact and him putting his body on the line so often. He plays the game like a missile and throws himself around a lot. The way he plays the game unfortunately means he picks up a lot of injuries and misses games due to that.

So in my opinion, a player that misses a lot of games due to injury is an injury prone player even if it is from a broken jaw, a crusher tackle, an ingrown toenail.....
It would be interesting to see what our win/loss ratio is like with him playing and not playing.
He certainly puts his body on the line but I feel that opposition coaches have worked him out and make sure they get early contact on him before he builds up a head of steam.
At Canberra he used to make a lot of clean breaks but hasn't managed many with us.
I for one am happy we are making a change at FB. I just hope it works out for us.

denis preston

First Grade
I would suggest that is a another reason we bulked at a 4 year contract. He really puts his body on the line which is great but when he is 30 he will have a body of a 38 year old .

possm

Coach
I would suggest that is a another reason we bulked at a 4 year contract. He really puts his body on the line which is great but when he is 30 he will have a body of a 38 year old .
I wouldn't mind having my 38yr old body back. I was still playing footy at that age!

Walpole

Juniors
It would be interesting to see what our win/loss ratio is like with him playing and not playing.
He certainly puts his body on the line but I feel that opposition coaches have worked him out and make sure they get early contact on him before he builds up a head of steam.
At Canberra he used to make a lot of clean breaks but hasn't managed many with us.
I for one am happy we are making a change at FB. I just hope it works out for us.
Since Dugan first played for us in round 10, 2013 he's played 75 games for 34 wins (45.3%). We've played 24 games without him for 10 wins (41.7%).

ALSGI

Bench
Since Dugan first played for us in round 10, 2013 he's played 75 games for 34 wins (45.3%). We've played 24 games without him for 10 wins (41.7%).
Interesting stats Walpole, thanks.
I still believe he's been our best back for the last few years and he's inspirational on the field. I'm not upset with him going as long as we lock up Mann, Lafai and have some cash to extend Field, Dufty and co if they ever get a chance to show us what they can do.
Still expect Duges to have a big finish for us this year. Also, next year looking forward to seeing Lafai step him, pass back inside to Hunt and it's a Try at shark park !

Walpole

Juniors
Interesting stats Walpole, thanks.
I still believe he's been our best back for the last few years and he's inspirational on the field. I'm not upset with him going as long as we lock up Mann, Lafai and have some cash to extend Field, Dufty and co if they ever get a chance to show us what they can do.
Still expect Duges to have a big finish for us this year. Also, next year looking forward to seeing Lafai step him, pass back inside to Hunt and it's a Try at shark park !
Absolutely. Been our best for a few years now.

Interestingly though, by comparison, since Greg Inglis joined Souths they've won 80 out of 134 with him in the team (59.7%) but only 11 out of 30 without him (36.7%). That's "fullback money" right there!

Crush

Coach
I think the last couple years he has been a standout in a poor team. He has been our best back, no doubt.
I feel now though we are more balanced (minus a quality 7) and he is less important to our success.
Valuable player? Definitely. Integral to our success? No I don't think so.
Injury prone? Hmm, I think so but I appreciate that most of his injuries are a result of contact not muscle tears etc so it depends what your definition of injury prone is...

saintsarealive1

Juniors

Interestingly though, by comparison, since Greg Inglis joined Souths they've won 80 out of 134 with him in the team (59.7%) but only 11 out of 30 without him (36.7%). That's "fullback money" right there!
We can make up anything from any stat.....now thats a stat!

LOL with dugans stats....So we win 3.4% more when he plays....

Approx 22 games a year

3.4% of 22 is we win half a game more a year..... when he plays

3.4% of 22 games guys

1 more competition point a year

LMAO

Do you know 3.4% of 22 is about half of one game?!!

Adios baby

Old Timer

Coach

How many games at FB as he has played centre and 5/8 there as well?

Old Timer

Coach
We can make up anything from any stat.....now thats a stat!

LOL with dugans stats....So we win 3.4% more when he plays....

Approx 22 games a year

3.4% of 22 is we win half a game more a year..... when he plays

3.4% of 22 games guys

1 more competition point a year

LMAO

Do you know 3.4% of 22 is about half of one game?!!

Adios baby
Obviously Dugan is the new Widdop seeing as you lucked out there.

saintsarealive1

Juniors
Obviously Dugan is the new Widdop seeing as you lucked out there.

No....you jumped for joy when stats said we win 3.4% more games..... as if it equalled 5 extra winning games a year....ha ha

You guys need to do maths and analysis before you blab 3.4% more games will make a difference to our results

Embarrassing

Its one competition point silly

Your analysis is amazingly juvenile for an elder

Now about widdop....rd 20 will be D Day for his review

Old Timer

Coach
No....you jumped for joy when stats said we win 3.4% more games..... as if it equalled 5 extra winning games a year....ha ha

You guys need to do maths and analysis before you blab 3.4% more games will make a difference to our results

Embarrassing

Its one competition point silly

Your analysis is amazingly juvenile for an elder

Now about widdop....rd 20 will be D Day for his review
Hey dickshit respond to the people who quoted and referred to the stats you now refer to.
Your hate is welling up inside you but like a cut snake you don't know who to bight.

Walpole

Juniors
How many games at FB as he has played centre and 5/8 there as well?
When Inglis has played fullback for the Rabbits they've won 65 of 98 (66.3%) so even better. The Dragons fair better with Dugan at fullback than centre but only by a small percentage. Obviously there's all sorts of other factors involved like opposition, who else was in or out, position of the moon etc.

Old Timer

Coach
When Inglis has played fullback for the Rabbits they've won 65 of 98 (66.3%) so even better. The Dragons fair better with Dugan at fullback than centre but only by a small percentage. Obviously there's all sorts of other factors involved like opposition, who else was in or out, position of the moon etc.
Hi Walpole I trust you are well?
For the record it is a full moon most days in this place.
Interesting despite the overwhelming winning % numbers re GI at FB they have 1 premiership and that's it.
You can win all the club games you like but there is only 1 game in the end that will really count.
So with all the stats that are forever on offer which player in recent times with > 50% winning stats has the most premierships and how many players with < 50% winning stats also have premierships.
All a bit arbitrary really.

Latest posts