What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is that the most one-sided refereeing performance you've seen this year?

some11

Referee
First try was bullshit, Roberts should have been on report.

Other than that I'm happy camper.

Spot On

Coach
As I said in the match thread, there was a lot of Titans grubbiness that went unpunished tonight, and I think the reason it went unpunished was because the officials were spooked by the penalty count, no matter how warranted it was.

This reluctance to continually penalise one side if required has gotta be stamped out quick smart because it hurts the more disciplined sides and it could potentially cost someone their spot in the finals.

This post is like tonight's officiating.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah that was the killer.

I cant fault the titans effort but what a kick in the balls that call on the oates "tackle" that was.

Eion

First Grade
Weird how they missed all the imagined grubbiness but instead decided to penalise the titans for nothing like the oates tackle.

Good call mate. One of your best.
It was so consistently bad the Oates penalty is first mentioned page 4 of this thread.

It was terrible, from all the officials.

Shorty

Staff member
The penalty for the tackle on the bloke catching the bomb was just horseshit in the mouth of anyone watching.
I mean where was he supposed to go? Oates jumped over him to catch the bomb...he was pretty much penalized for existing lol.

eels bloke

Juniors
...and it is this very fact that should see Greenburg get his arse in to gear tomorrow to explain what the f**k is going on.

There's match fixing allegations being investigated by the NSW Police and these buffoons are apprising each other of the point spread in the game .... for what reason??????

Suspicions are gathering

chigurh

lol yeah there were a few head scratchers tonight. So it's good get the win, because I have a feeling the officials will cost a side their spot in the finals at some stage this series...

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Refs are starting to just blow a penalty whenever that happens.

With blocking and any contact in the air going towards the defenders that area of the game is a joke

Ron's_Mate

Bench
The Oates "dangerous position" that he put himself in penalty
The penalty try for kicking, when it was just a foot contacting the ball
Roberts getting away with kicking someone
Porker getting away with headbutting
Bunker overturning a knock on scrum feed based on a quick look at unclear footage
Apart from that the refs did a great job.

Eion

First Grade
lol yeah there were a few head scratchers tonight. So it's good get the win, because I have a feeling the officials will cost a side their spot in the finals at some stage this series...
They just did.

Game_Breaker

Coach
As I said in the match thread, there was a lot of Titans grubbiness that went unpunished tonight, and I think the reason it went unpunished was because the officials were spooked by the penalty count, no matter how warranted it was.

This reluctance to continually penalise one side if required has gotta be stamped out quick smart because it hurts the more disciplined sides and it could potentially cost someone their spot in the finals.

terrible troll

Diesel

Referee
Refs don't have the balls to make decisions and rely on the Bunker to make the right call. The Bunker didn't do that tonight.
Greenberg's $2m baby is due for a MASSIVE overhaul in the review but Toddy won't let that happen

Last edited by a moderator:

user_nat

Coach
Whilst obviously biased, I can't see the issue with the penalty try. The ball is kicked out.

Latest posts