What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its official - Farah to leave

wittyfan

Referee
The new order has now been established!!!

Crq1jNTUIAAmqul.jpg

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's finally been announced. Gone to Souths for two years.

I can see him playing his natural game for two years and getting that forward pack moving over there, taking pressure off Reynolds who will come good again and Souths getting back into the top 4.

And I wouldn't be at all surprised if he becomes the Blues captain next year.

And if Souths do make the finals and Farah plays great, and we fail to reach the finals - everyone will be baying for Taylor's blood like no one ever before.

Because not only will he have killed off a club legend, but we'll be paying over half a million of our own cap to his success elsewhere.

Rabbit toes

First Grade

I can see him playing his natural game for two years and getting that forward pack moving over there, taking pressure off Reynolds who will come good again and Souths getting back into the top 4.

And if Souths do make the finals and Farah plays great, and we fail to reach the finals - everyone will be baying for Taylor's blood like no one ever before.

Because not only will he have killed off a club legend, but we'll be paying over half a million of our own cap to his success elsewhere.

Half a million? Is that a fact? Id love to know what we are paying for him. Thats a massive amount of $$ to have tied up in a player at another club.

BrotherJim05

Bench
It sucks to see Robbie go. He is going to kill it at the Bunnies, especially behind that pack and Reynolds playing off the back of his go forward.

Whether or not this was the best decision for all parties, I have no idea. I have said this previously but I am willing to reserve my judgement of Taylor until mid 2017. Looking at our season from an overall perspective I would call it successful. Long way to go but definitely moving in the right direction.

That being said, a lot of my criticism will come down to whether we are improving as a team. We came 9th this year, therefore an improvement will be making the finals. At the core of this is the outcome of the Farah Saga. JT won the battle, he moved Farah on and pissed off a lot of people in the process. The axe is more than out, it's being sharpened to a deadly edge. If we don't make the 8 whilst Souths enjoy a revival with the NSW Hooker's salary coming out of our Salary Cap then the axe will definitely fall on JT.

However, perhaps we do make the 8? Perhaps Brooks and Moses perform better without Farah? Perhaps the free cap space puts us in a much better position to attract the right talent. Well then the axe needs to be put away and JT given the freedom to choose his team as he sees fit.

We will know by mid 2017. Until then we need to give JT the benefit of the doubt

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Strong talk suggested Farah was getting 750k from tigers and 500k from Souths

Vic Mackey

Referee
With the payment it's a bit different to say Grant and Elijah to us this year. The Tigers and Farah agreed on a release, so he has been paid a severance package. What that is is anyone's guess. It is worth noting that $250k of the $950k he was on for 2017 was back payment. So naturally we would be paying this. I've heard the severance package was more like $600-$650k. Also some of it is going on this years cap as we were a bit under with Marty and a few others leaving with no one coming in.

However with that out of the way Farah is free to get paid whatever he wants. It wouldn't surprise me if he is still getting over $500kpa from souths. So Farah could be on anything upwards of $1.1mil for next year when you count our parkout and his souths wage.

Really we aren't paying him anything to go to souths as he has been paid out in full by us.

Rabbits20

Immortal

He will be good for us madunit.

He will help take us back into the 8.

Our depth isn't good enough to make the 4 though.

Aren't you guys gonna sign Mortimer????

I think it's around 700k out of your cap too.

Also Souths are most likely paying about 450k for Robbie.

Just glad it's over. Time for Robbie and the club (including the fans,) to move on. I am foolishly hopeful that none of this will boil over next year, but I am sure the gutter journalists at the Terrorgraph will dredge the whole sorry saga up again next year, likely the week we play Souths.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Just glad it's over. Time for Robbie and the club (including the fans,) to move on. I am foolishly hopeful that none of this will boil over next year, but I am sure the gutter journalists at the Terrorgraph will dredge the whole sorry saga up again next year, likely the week we play Souths.

Yep I can just see it now. Round 1 2017:

Souths beat Newcastle by 4 in a scrappy game at ANZ

Tigers go down in golden point to the storm in Melbourne

Daily telegraph back page 'Farah proves Tigers wrong! In a disastrous day for Jason Taylor Robbie Farah made 39 tackles as Souths defeated an energetic Newcastle in a high quality affair. Meanwhile Jacob Liddle, the man that Concord appointed to take the reins of the club legend, struggled. Liddell looked all at sea scoring 3 tries in a disappointing performance as the club clearly lacked the leadership Farah brought them during his 13 year tenure.'

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think we'll have to wait til then Vic.

me thinks there's several months of offseason backpages that need filling.

Farah has his cash and a new home...Taylor is on the knife edge.

They smell blood at News (is) Limited

Tigerm

First Grade
I don't think we'll have to wait til then Vic.

me thinks there's several months of offseason backpages that need filling.

Farah has his cash and a new home...Taylor is on the knife edge.

They smell blood at News (is) Limited
And why shouldn't they, i believe there is still a lot of passion about what happened to Farah and the way he was treated, I think the club (WT's) should bunker down for incoming damage.

Last edited:

magpie guy

Juniors

Telerag is a shitty tabloid and that story will sell papers. I don't like them for it, but I totally see why they run those stories.

I personally hope that Robbie kills it at the Rabbits. With reduced pressure and a new environment we may see a renaissance in his career.

I am also torn between my general dislike of JT and my desire to see the Tigers succeed next season. We still have gaps in our squad in key positions and have left it to the end of season to sign anyone. We are going to end up having to lucky dip in the bargain bin once again.