What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's True, It's True! Angle to TNA

lockyno1

Post Whore
a) he's injured

b) the money would be nowhere near the wwe

c) his neck is in a bad shape

Quick answer- NO.

"TNA's major announcement at No Surrender lived up to the hype! Not only did the promotion announce a new primetime slot for Impact, they announced that Kurt Angle is coming in! Elsewhere on the show, Samoa Joe defeated Jeff Jarrett, AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels defeated LAX, and more! Get all the details on the show with 411's full TNA No Surrender Report!"

"Cornette is out and mocks JJ. He says we still have an announcement and Cornette says he has all the answers. Cornette says that on Thursday Nov. 16th, they go to 9pm. Crowd is happy. But there is more. That wasn't the announcement, it was just his announcement. Here is the BIG announcement…

We see a video package…for...KURT ANGLE! The video calls Angle "arguably the greatest wrestler in the industry today" as well as a former heavyweight champion. Shadowy images of Angle appeared in the video up until the end when it zoomed in on him and he said "It's real. It's damn real" followed by a laugh."

What a f'n tool, cant believe he didnt atleast didnt wait 6 months to get his head together.

Expect to read about him dead in a motel room, cause he must have been seriously f**ked up for the WWF to release him the way they did.

Iafeta

Referee
F'n awesome. Brilliant!

I'd love now for TNA to get Jericho off hiatus and back into wrestling with TNA, and Bret Hart to come in even in a managerial role. If the rumours of Goldberg then were also true, and TNA had a fair dinkum good deal, we could see a good war over wrestling again and Vince McMahon and his chronies be forced to stop the self mutilation and concentrate on decent storylines again.

This only equals one thing - win win for fans. F*** you WWE!

Misanthrope

Staff member
:roll:

All of these doomsayers :lol: A move to TNA is a great move for Kurt Angle. He has to work less dates, fewer house shows, and he doesn't need to travel nearly as much.

For TNA it's an absolutely enormous announcement. How they managed to pull this off when Kurt has stated his loyalty to the WWE on countless occasions is insane. On top of that, how they kept it relatively secret is beyond me. A masterful bit of work by TNA management, and unlike Christian Cage, they'll be hard pressed to screw up a Kurt Angle run.

This and the move to 9pm may well signal the return of some real competition for the WWE. It's not Nitro all over again, but it's a huge name (arguably the best worker in the world and easily one of the most over) signing for a rival company after recently 'retiring' for personal reasons.

Misanthrope

Staff member
This muddies the waters for the upcoming Bound for Glory PPV. The rumour is that we'll see a Jarrett vs. Sting blowoff match, which (if it goes ahead) leads me to believe that Jarrett will triumph. This would allow Angle to officially debut and open up a title feud right off the bat, and gives Christian a chance to move in and beat on Sting to get a rub before the old guy retires.

Failing that, Sting could win to give Cage a run at the title again (which is where he deserves to be, really) and Angle can have a non title feud with Jarrett to establish him. After that he can move on to face Samoa Joe, Sting, or Christian Cage and have great matches with any of them.

After that there's the likes of Rhino/Abyss with whom he could put on a good brawling match, and Styles/Daniels/Homicide/Aries who he could put on a wrestling clinic with.

I've been off TNA for a while now, but this announcement may have me getting right back into the fray.

Once Dead

Bench
Now this is craaaaaaaaaaaazy, this is one of THE biggest things to happen in soooooooooooooooo long for TNA.....fact is, Angle on half a leg can still help attract other stars to TNA......I cannot freakin' believe this, it has to be a gee-up.......has to be

PARANoIR

Bench
Damn straight it will. This is a MASSIVE. This is the biggest jump since anything the attitude era produced. Perhaps since Lex Luger.

Anyway..this will mean one thing.......

KURT v SOMOA f**kING JOE!!!

Iafeta

Referee
Luger was big, but I'd argue there's been bigger since in the Monday Night Wars alone;

• Scott Hall to WCW to start the Outsiders
  • Bret Hart to WCW
  • Big Show to WWF
  • Y2J to WWF
  • The Radicalz to WWF
Certainly, with the good talent TNA now has with a mixture of big names and audacious young talent (Jarrett, Sting, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Christian Cage, Sting, Rhino, Big Poppa Pump) complimented by Angle then TNA is in a position to really start moving forward. As I've suggested elsewhere, if they can come up with some other big surprises, guys like Bret Hart even just to manage Team Canada, Y2J himself, as much as I loathe him Goldberg, and get a good TV slot they could be in a real position to move.

I hope TNA now gets a gig on Australian TV, not just for Pay-Per-View's either.

I'd love to see the end of the WWE BS storylines and misuse of talent monopolisation over. I'd love for good talent such as Austin Aries, Paul London, Rey Mysterio, Super Crazy, Chris Benoit to honestly, without fear or reservation, have a choice to make when their contracts come up, which would also make the WWE come up with suitable storylines and pushes that can also give them back their edge.

Ridders

Coach
i don't, i know'd its true but i still cant f**king believe it :lol: ...if TNA are smart they use this to get more stars (i.e. jericho) and really give the WWE a run for their money...still suprised to see him goin to TNA given he's already stated his loyal for the WWE and that him and vince have a good bond