What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's True, It's True! Angle to TNA

Sanchez

Coach
World Wrestling Entertainment recently sent TNA wrestler Kurt Angle a nasty legal letter with a series of demands. All of their demands aren't quite known yet, but here are the demands known thus far.

WWE demanded that Angle and TNA not refer to his ankle lock finisher as the "Angle lock." Angle laughed at that one because he had no idea that anyone called his finisher the "Angle lock" to begin with it, thinking it's always been the ankle lock. WWE also demanded that Angle not call himself "The Wrestling Machine," or "The Machine." Surprisingly, they didn't object to him wearing a mouthpiece, but it can't have "Machine" written on it.

Also, we should find out soon if WWE claimed ownership to the term "Angle slam" and if he'll have to use a new name for the manuever. WWE can probably rightfully claim ownership to that term. Also note, the U.S. Olympic committee probably wouldn't allow TNA to use the term "Olympic slam."
http://www.prowrestling.com/article/news/2169

lotm

Juniors
some 'transcripts' of angle interviews:
http://rajah.com/base/node/6565
http://rajah.com/base/node/6566

i'm not sure how much of this stuff to believe. a lot of it contradicts with what i've read that he's said. i also like how he says jarrett does a good job as champ, but hhh is in a bad position because he's in the upper card and books the show.

go fig.

can we add angle to the loooooooong list of bitter ex-wwe employees? or is this all true! damn true!

Misanthrope

Staff member
I think the only difference between Triple H and Jeff Jarrett is the quality of opposition they're up against. Realisitcally, we all bitch ad nauseum about Triple H's extended title runs - but their made a little more tolerable by the fact he's up against a string of talented wrestlers and/or charismatic individuals. Jarrett's not brilliant (nor has Hunter been since about 2001) but he's not helped by the fact his title opposition include guys like Raven, Ron Killings, and a babyface Christian Cage.

lotm

Juniors
i think it's pretty hard to find an individual in the wrestling business that's not petty. and, by reading those interviews, that seems to include angle.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I think he has every reason to be arrogant. Kurt Angle is arguably the greatest package in a wrestler since Bret Hart, and we all know that Bret Hart was really the be all and end all. Guys like Hogan and Stone Cold and The Rock may have made more money, but none had his in ring prowess and charisma. Kurt played both heel and face to perfection (something Stone Cold couldn't do, and Hulk Hogan managed to kill a company doing). In my eyes, the only peer Angle has in this 'generation' is The Rock. I think Rocky was more charismatic and could tell a good story without needing to be a world class wrestler.

Sanchez

Coach
CWBush said:
I think the only difference between Triple H and Jeff Jarrett is the quality of opposition they're up against. Realisitcally, we all bitch ad nauseum about Triple H's extended title runs - but their made a little more tolerable by the fact he's up against a string of talented wrestlers and/or charismatic individuals. Jarrett's not brilliant (nor has Hunter been since about 2001) but he's not helped by the fact his title opposition include guys like Raven, Ron Killings, and a babyface Christian Cage.

Cena is HHH V2 ,with his title runs

lockyno1

Post Whore
CWBush said:
The one major difference is that Cena isn't booking his own title runs

Other difference between HHH and Cena, is that HHH's runs are interesting! Cena's are as boring as bat s..t!:lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
HHH's were at least entertaining. Plus he was at least a credible champion. You could beleive he was better than the other wrestlers. Cena just doesn't do that for me.

PARANoIR

Bench
To be fair to Cena though, he does do "it" for alot of other people.

Triple H must be one of those people, he did tap out to him after all.

Sanchez

Coach
both have the same predictability and both have the same result of much annoyance because of it. HHH had better fueds IMHO

Sanchez

Coach
if cena had some decent training from the likes of malenko he would loss his sloppyness which would raise his standard immensely

PARANoIR

Bench
lockyno1 said:
Cena must be doing it for Vince! Thats the only reason he is main eventing IMO!

Well obviously. It IS Vince's company after all. If he wanted too, he could have Vito in the Main Event tomorrow.

lockyno1

Post Whore
PARANoIR said:
Well obviously. It IS Vince's company after all. If he wanted too, he could have Vito in the Main Event tomorrow.

Yes, Cena must be "doing" Vince!:lol: