What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's True, It's True! Angle to TNA

lotm

Juniors
Thank you TNA for saving my career, my life and my desire to do what I love
oh, and i thought it was the wwe that was keen on saving the former two by forcing him to take a break. depending on how he's booked, tna may jepardise both.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Insane! Kurt has got to be stupid to make this move, his health should be more important than wrestling.

But if he's fit and handles the workload, it's bloody well on for TNA. Even WWE couldn't ignore Kurt Angle in TNA. Christian was a big move but he was mid card in WWE, this is a bloke who carried WWE for years at the top! This and a move to primetime is huge for TNA. I'd loved to have seen the look on Vinnie O'Mac's face when he found out! That would have been priceless :lol:.

Sanchez

Coach
joel caine number 1 fan said:
retirment village? the wrestlers in tna are mostly younger than the wwe wrestlers
goldberg sting nash jarrett dlo brown raven rhyno all old and involved with tna

Ridders

Coach
sanchez moreno said:

HHH, HBK, Taker, Batista, booker, regal, finlay, Flair etc....your point is

Once Dead

Bench
sanchez moreno said:

Goldberg is NOT involved with TNA, if you go off rumours then you're believing the wrong stuff....D-Lo Brown is long gone, like a year or two long gone...

Lol the WWE is now the old people's home of wrestling...funny how things work out!

PARANoIR

Bench
sanchez moreno said:

RHYNO? OLD?! :lol:!!!! He's barely over 30. 33 at most.

Goldberg. :lol:

lockyno1

Post Whore
I like Finlay actually. The point is sanchez, the WWE is a more retirement villiage than TNA, as you actually need to wrestle well in TNA!

Misanthrope

Staff member
they are all hacks

Jarrett I'll give you. Sting? He's every bit as deserving of a run at his age as Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair - both of whom still get in the ring fairly regularly for the WWE. Rhyno still delivers the goods in the ring and barely qualifies as old. I'll admit that Raven has put on a lot of weight due to his glandular problems, but he's still leagues ahead of the likes of Mark Henry, Great Khali, and even Batista in the ring.

D'Lo's been gone for years (and can outwrestle the majority of WWE main eventers) and I don't think Nash is doing anything anymore. Even when he was present, he wasn't working matches so much as he was working angles. His 'anti X-Division' stuff was f**king hilarious.

And anothing the bugs me is people assuming Kurt's life is at risk. I'm not saying it definitely isn't, but his 'health issues' have been rumours and hearsay at best. When Eddie Guerrero passed away last year people started a grissly 'death watch' with Angle as the favourite - and nothing came of it. Yes, his marriage ended possibly as a result of his WWE commitments and yes, he's had terrible injuries - but is wrestling for TNA going to kill him?

Nobody can say with any degree of certainty, so I'd rather it if people just stopped saying it completely. Nobody in this forum knows Kurt Angle's circumstances (I'd argue that very few people in the world do), so why the constant second guessing of his decision? Maybe he just wanted out of the WWE and did what he could to get a release? Maybe he will be better equipped to cope with his problems under the less demanding (time wise) and more rewarding (wrestling wise) environment of TNA.

Reading his press release, he sounds excited and energised about reinventing himself and challenging himself. Things like that can only be good for a man who sounded increasingly disillusioned with the industry over the past few years.

We should be discussing what Kurt Angle and TNA can do for one another and what a loss this is for the WWE. We shouldn't be gossiping like bitchy house-wives about how this will only bring doom to him and anyone who watches TNA.

Iafeta

Referee
PARANoIR said:
Those guys all jumping is all well and good, but when they all jumped, WWE/WCW were both established, well known promotions.

When Luger jumped, WCW had barely kicked off, and now with Angle, not a great deal of people watch TNA and Angle will get the show on the map - the number of people that will watch TNA just to see Angle will be huge.

Not true.

WCW can trace it's legacy back decades. It basically was a roll off of the old National Wrestling Alliance, more pertently the Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling annex of it, which was the stamping ground for Jim Crockett Jr and Sr Promotions. Monday Nitro had barely kicked off, that is true, infact Lex Luger was on the first show which went up unopposed against RAW which was pre-empted that week. However, WCW had WCW Saturday Night going for years before that, Flair, Hogan, Vader, Arn Anderson, Stan Hansen,

Bret Hart's defection was huge news at the time. Monsterous.

Luger appeared on the first Nitro, the show that began the Monday Night Wars, so yes, there was significance there, but not long after in 1996 Scott Hall joined WCW and his presence, through the establishment of the Outsiders, and the New World Order, had a far greater impact on the ratings. You could also there was large significance in Madusa throwing the WWF Womens Title in a WCW trash can, or Ravishing Rick Rude appearing on Nitro live the same night he appeared on a taped Raw. Truth be told though, Scott Hall's ground breaking arrival completely reshaped WCW far greater than the arrival of Lex Luger did. While Luger's introduction showed legitimacy, Hall's arrival showed there was a real war on, and perhaps some of this was actually real. The ratings that followed Luger's first few months compared to Hall's first few months definitely point to Hall having the greater influence.

The Nitro's immediately following Luger's arrival scored:

When Hall arrived;

Bret Hart's arrival had figures similar to Hall's in terms of growth.

Sanchez

Coach
CWBush said:
And anothing the bugs me is people assuming Kurt's life is at risk. I'm not saying it definitely isn't, but his 'health issues' have been rumours and hearsay at best. When Eddie Guerrero passed away last year people started a grissly 'death watch' with Angle as the favourite - and nothing came of it. Yes, his marriage ended possibly as a result of his WWE commitments and yes, he's had terrible injuries - but is wrestling for TNA going to kill him?
quote]

i thought i read somewhere he was on a 'death watch'

Iafeta

Referee
That wasn't an officially sanctioned death watch I'd imagine.

Probably just a "Oh look at all the pro reslas dropping off, who's next" type death watch.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Probably just a "Oh look at all the pro reslas dropping off, who's next" type death watch.

The report that was circulating at the time was later proved to have been false.

Parra_Eels

Bench
holy sh*t just got back from 5 days of no computer and this is massive. don't know about kurt jumping back in so quickly

Sanchez

Coach
According to F4WOnline.com, some sources have been throwing the $650,000 figure around as Kurt Angle's yearly base salary for TNA.

If the number is true, and it would be in addition to money from outside bookings, endorsements and a cut of Kurt Angle merchandise sales, the wrestler is on pace to receive significantly more money than even Sting made as part of the number two American wrestling promotion.

It would also amount to a far greater per-show deal than he received while with WWE.

http://www.24wrestling.com/index.php?id=news/6223

Latest posts