What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird: "I wouldn't be here if I hadn't left the Dragons."

Minh

First Grade
Minh is too civil and classy to reply to such a post.

Seems this place is so divided, with no middle ground and no respect. Not that's its a prerequisite LOL.

Its an open forum, so that being the case... yes duck nailed it.

Apologist / call me what you will.

This place is deteriorating quickly.

Thank you me friends TruSaint and Duck......silence is golden.

Minh

First Grade
Is only stupid cause Bird did well, Hastings on the other hand not so well. The rest I agree.

True , Saintsified. It's the sore loser in me coming out seeing Bird play so well and I am liking him more and more as a player....

nontime111

Juniors
Saints are just STUPID if they dont do EVERYTHING to get Bird back in the red v!!!!!!!
hes OURs!! and should be with us and boy do we NEED him right about now

Old Timer

Coach
No amount of wishing, hoping, praying is going to dislodge JB from Cronulla.

The Bird has well and truly left the nest and flown the coup.

We need to spend all our attention on identifying the next one's within our own ranks and understanding exactly what is needed to keep them.

You will never prevent it from happening again but we have to minimise the risk.

After we do that, we then have to identify any potential at other nurseries and get on with trying to secure them, which is something that we used to be good at years ago.

Worrying about Bird and Hastings is an exercise in futility.

They are now exposed to all the clubs with bigger resources than ours so no chance of getting them back unless they become failures.

St Georgio

Juniors
Time find the next Andrews John within our own junior base for the long haul, the Red V hasn't had one, so it would be nice to have one for a change!

Old Timer

Coach
Hey Jack, Tyson said the same thing about the Sharks but didn't publicise it like a twat

Bird has got to very lofty heights very quickly after joining the Sharks and that is not the case for Tyson so your argument is not a fair comparison.

The journalist also twist the question to get the response they are looking for and lets face it they aren't dealing with sharpest tools in the shed are they.

The last point is Jack Bird is telling the truth and exposing us for what we are and that hurts so admonishing Bird is not the answer its just a cop out.

He wasn't even saying they had a comparison in talent wise so how the hell did you come up with that statement for a start.

Bird has never been an overly smart guy so no surprise he got twisted into an answer by some boozoo journalist.

Exposing what exactly that he was just going to be given a spot because he was just entitled to it sounds like a spolit child demanding things.

He got a go some place else like alot of goo young players and good on him.

giboz71

First Grade
Bird has got to very lofty heights very quickly after joining the Sharks and that is not the case for Tyson so your argument is not a fair comparison.

The journalist also twist the question to get the response they are looking for and lets face it they aren't dealing with sharpest tools in the shed are they.

The last point is Jack Bird is telling the truth and exposing us for what we are and that hurts so admonishing Bird is not the answer its just a cop out.

I think if our message to Jack when he left was that he wasn't ready for FG, he has well and truly answered that.

Rookie of the year, 2 Country Origins and now an Origin (where he looked very comfortable). 21 years of age, 12 months after he made his debut. And look at how his Sharks are going?

He comes off as a bit of a douche, but fair to say he can say anything he likes given where he is now.

Lethal25

Juniors

OT, my comment was tongue in cheek.

I do like how Tyson is the strong silent type in comparison however. Understated always wins in my books!

Bird comes across like alot of players today brash and rather arrogant.

If they carried on like they do in the past some one would have put them on their arse rather quickly.

grouch

First Grade

If they carried on like they do in the past some one would have put them on their arse rather quickly.

I get the feeling our board and recruitment team share this prehistoric mindset

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Ego is when you take pride in qualities you don't have. Bird talks the talk and he walks the walk. I like him. I'd like him even better in the Red V.

No matter how we choose to paint the subject, the painful truth here is that management and coaches got this one very wrong.

hazzbeen

Bench
Ego is when you take pride in qualities you don't have. Bird talks the talk and he walks the walk. I like him. I'd like him even better in the Red V.

No matter how we choose to paint the subject, the painful truth here is that management and coaches got this one very wrong.

Good call they did get it wrong.....

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Sorry thing for us is that we had Bird and developed him.Short sighted coaching and management are the reason we lose these young players.The sooner the place gets a clean out the better.

getsmarty

Immortal
Sorry thing for us is that we had Bird and developed him.Short sighted coaching and management are the reason we lose these young players.The sooner the place gets a clean out the better.

I still think we should throw the bank at him. You could build the halves for the next 10 years around Bird. Could be the next Billy Smith. I'd even let both Widdop and Marshall go. Free up the cash now and make a massive play for him. Money Talks.

St Georgio

Juniors
I still think we should throw the bank at him. You could build the halves for the next 10 years around Bird. Could be the next Billy Smith. I'd even let both Widdop and Marshall go. Free up the cash now and make a massive play for him. Money Talks.

Keep Marshall on the Cheap, let Widdop and Rein go.

Redhoopz

Juniors

To me, he just comes across confident which you can't fault him for....

I think the Dragons are in a bit of a bad position at the moment, They have been linked to every player under the sun and haven't landed one. The impression I'm getting from the club is the need to sign a big name to make a statement.

Realistically, the Dragons won't sign any big names for 2017, the best hope for the club is:

- Clear out the dead wood and stop signing fringe first graders
- promote youth into the team, which will give you a genuine look if any of them will make the cut. They will also be on minimal money...
- Chase after the big names for the 2018 season (there's quite a list of names coming off contract in 2017)

The only downside to this is the 2017 season will suffer...

This is all a result of short sighted management with no future plan in place, they need to take a chance instead of trying to play it safe all the time.