What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jake Marketo

nortyboi3

Juniors
Could someone please explain the ideology of Marketo starting the game at Hooker when he is a fringe first grader who plays in the back row. How can someone so mediocre and one-dimensional get more minutes then Luciano Leilua. I'm honestly open to interpretation but this idea has completely ruined our interchange. I'd rather Rein play a bit tired for the whole game then waste one of our interchange spots. For next week, drop Marketo and Matthews and have the four man bench as: Sims, Ah Mau, Host, Leilua

hazzbeen

Bench
Mate nothing makes sense that Mary or the whole Dragons system does , all I know is if things dont change quickly and we continue the way we are next year with nothing in place that shows we are building towards better coaching , better structures within the club , then you can kiss this once Mighty Club goodbye ....

OzDragon

Coach
Why not bring Cook back? Once Rabbits get Farah (lol) he'll surely play second fiddle to McInnes, no?

BringTheNoise

Juniors
I assume they have been sizing up Marketo to replace Rein next year, because they won't pay Reins asking fee and they know they won't get anyone else. It's pretty sad if that's our only options.

I'm actually genuinely worried about this scenario because Rein remains unsigned and we are yet to secure another first grade hooker for 2017.

dragon thomo

Juniors
Marketo and Rein need to go as they are reserve graders. Segyaro kostjaysin or possible Mortimer to replace.Also time to let Marshall Widdop go as well.
Sorry Nightingale time to retire you have been a great clubman.

Reactions: Qdf

nortyboi3

Juniors
Marketo and Rein need to go as they are reserve graders. Segyaro kostjaysin or possible Mortimer to replace.Also time to let Marshall Widdop go as well.
Sorry Nightingale time to retire you have been a great clubman.

Let's finish the season with a pairing of Hutchinson and Widdop. Hutch can direct the traffic and Widdop can just play his 'natural' game hopefully.
I would like to see Nighty go out on his own terms this year, has been such a great ambassador for our club and tries his guts out. Ran for over 160m, the most from our team. Wish we had 16 other Nightingales in our team each week...

Uplifting

Juniors
Marketo is off contract at years end isn't he?
I haven't watched all the games, but I don't ever remember seeing Jake Marketo have a bad game.

I think Mary is playing him at hooker for part of the game because he's not overly satisfied with the job that Rein Has been doing.

What is it about Jake that makes you say he's a fringe first grader?

From what I've seen he's a talented player that shows courage and a positive attitude on the field.

nortyboi3

Juniors
I haven't watched all the games, but I don't ever remember seeing Jake Marketo have a bad game.

I think Mary is playing him at hooker for part of the game because he's not overly satisfied with the job that Rein Has been doing.

From what I've seen he's a talented player that shows courage and a positive attitude on the field.

Lacks the aggression that players such as Sims, Ah Mau, Host and Leilua have. Can't really seem to bend the line at all. He shows courage, but courage on itself can't make up for size and aggression.

The Doc

Juniors
I'm actually genuinely worried about this scenario because Rein remains unsigned and we are yet to secure another first grade hooker for 2017.
And the longer we stay without signing a replacement hooker, the stronger the odds of resigning rein just for the sake of having a number 9.
If rein has rejected our offer, then table an offer to segeyaro, mcinnes, cook, even garvey!!!
Any other #9, just dont panic and resign rein, which unfortunately i can see happening!!!

SBD82

Coach
Could someone please explain the ideology of Marketo starting the game at Hooker when he is a fringe first grader who plays in the back row. How can someone so mediocre and one-dimensional get more minutes then Luciano Leilua. I'm honestly open to interpretation but this idea has completely ruined our interchange. I'd rather Rein play a bit tired for the whole game then waste one of our interchange spots. For next week, drop Marketo and Matthews and have the four man bench as: Sims, Ah Mau, Host, Leilua
While I completely agree that the selections have been awful, I think you still need a backup hooking option.

If it has to be marketo, then he should play off the bench. Otherwise havili or mccrone would be other options.

since77

Juniors
[QUOTE="Uplifting, post: 11733938, member: 46357"

[/QUOTE]

Apart from the fact that the only other NRL team he'd get a gig in would be Newcastle?

The Doc

Juniors

I think what it comes down to is, is he a better option then the player who misses out because of marketos selection.
Example, as a backrower, is he a better option then Leilua or Host?
Most on here, myself included, would say absolutely not.
His only real upside is he can play some hooker.
But to waste a bench spot and deny these talented youngsters a spot because of an incompetent number 9 is silly to say the least.
Yes Marketo has heart and gives 100% everytime, but his 100% is worth about 30% of what a Leilua can bring to the team.
I think thats where most of the issues lie with Marketos selection.

BringTheNoise

Juniors
And the longer we stay without signing a replacement hooker, the stronger the odds of resigning rein just for the sake of having a number 9.
If rein has rejected our offer, then table an offer to segeyaro, mcinnes, cook, even garvey!!!
Any other #9, just dont panic and resign rein, which unfortunately i can see happening!!!

The bizarre thing with Rein is that he is asking a price which clearly no club is prepared to match... Who is his manager and why on earth did he set an asking price as ridiculous as $600k!?

The Doc

Juniors
The bizarre thing with Rein is that he is asking a price which clearly no club is prepared to match... Who is his manager and why on earth did he set an asking price as ridiculous as $600k!?
He is on 450k a year now, when supercoach mary made his comment about Rein being a future SOO star, Reins asking price went to 650k.
That figure has stuck as he truly believs he is a future origin star.
I think he is holding firm in the hope we panic and resign him.
Hence my earlier comment about signing any other #9.
Let Rein go and be a "superstar" at another club.

Latest posts