What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jakey Marketo Moving On

TruSaint

Referee
I read months ago when McCrone signed with Toronto that Marketo had also signed with them. Don’t remember the source but pretty sure that’s where he’s going.

Isnt Toronto a RL club ?
Jake mentions a " new sport "..
Im thinking maybe French Union .. Not sure.

TonyT6

Bench
Nice words but should never ever of played first grade, absolute joke that the bald headed knife thrower from Dapto kept on picking his best mates son.

TruSaint

Referee
Off the record.......can Jake possibly teach Dugan how to express oneself with pride & dignity rather than pump up ones own tyres as being an elite!!

Dugan was actually quite gracious when he left. Posted several times about being grateful, whereas other like Merrin, took one week to bag the club, say how wonderful Penrith was and how badly he was treated.

Anyway this thread is about Jake, so I will just wish him well.. He loves our club no doubt.

qld redvee

Juniors
we have all bagged Jake in the past mainly being picked in positions that he wasnt suited for . Always gave him A for effort and energy. How humble was his post and yes thanks jake and hope it works out . You would hope he is replaced with a ?better quality " of player . If not why replace him but keep him at Cutters at least he gives 100% and has passion

Drakon

Juniors
we have all bagged Jake in the past mainly being picked in positions that he wasnt suited for . Always gave him A for effort and energy. How humble was his post and yes thanks jake and hope it works out . You would hope he is replaced with a ?better quality " of player . If not why replace him but keep him at Cutters at least he gives 100% and has passion
You shouldn't speak for everyone! I have never bagged Jake and there are many others who haven't.

He may not be a Steve Menzies or a Taumalolo but he played 51 games of first grade.

I admire his passion and effort and I see that you do too.

BennyV

Referee
Under a proper coach, Marketo could've been an established first grader by now.

One thing his detractors won't acknowledge is what a good cover defender he was.

I'd rather Marketo than a number of other second rowers that have been preferred over recent years.
Dude, under a proper coach he wouldn't have 51 games of first grade under his belt!

Still, gracious exit and wish him all the best, he always played above his weight and put in more effort than plenty of more talented players. Will do wel overseas.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Dude, under a proper coach he wouldn't have 51 games of first grade under his belt!

Still, gracious exit and wish him all the best, he always played above his weight and put in more effort than plenty of more talented players. Will do wel overseas.

Bennett gave him an opportunity, did he not?

I'm not a "dude" either.